Eclipse...gastropub or cellar masters??

HappytravellerYVR

Sorry peeps...can anyone who has been on the Eclipse since retro fit tell us if cellar masters is still available? We were on the first re outfitted Solstice class last year with the Gastrobar and I'm sorry I didn't like the change (staff was surly and there wasn't anything we wanted on the new menu that we would be willing to extra for). Would be a shame to have lost the wines we like to sample and the sommeliers we've come to love!

We were on Eclipse post dry dock....Cellar Masters is STILL Cellar Masters....it's entry was modified to make it more "open" and it was MUCH more in use on the TA than I have ever seen it on any ship. GastroBar was added to the Passport Bar, we never tried the food there although a friend did state it was good...

We were on Eclipse post dry dock....Cellar Masters is STILL Cellar Masters....it's entry was modified to make it more "open" and it was MUCH more in use on the TA than I have ever seen it on any ship. GastroBar was added to the Passport Bar, we never tried the food there although a friend did state it was good...

Thank you. I had heard that was how they were going to do it but was concerned they opted to remove my fave!

Just off eclipse on 8/30. Wine Cellars was good, with the sommelier recommending some wines we had not tried. It was much busier than it was when the wine machines were in place. As far as the gastro Pub, great use of the space with over 50 beers to choose from. We ate there 3 times, getting the Fish/Chips, Sheppard's Pie, a flat bread pizza, and chicken dish. All were outstanding except the Pizza. It was served a bit cold. It could be that the kitchen for the gastro is on Deck 4, and they have to travel a bit to pick up the food. Again, with the large Tvs and lots of beers, the place was being used a lot more than the previous passport bar.

We liked the more open Cellar Masters but the Gastropub at the Passport Bar was a mess. No real identity. The chairs were moved around to view the sports and our friends waited 50 mins for $10 food that they said was ok. X have really messed up their message on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that when we were last on X there was an identity issue for the Gastropub...I put it down to we were on the first ship with its installation and hey hadn't worked out the kinks. That was last June(Equinox) and had hoped they had worked it out - it was located where the former Cellar Masters was - hence my question . Our feeling was there was a general disgruntlement from the staff in that it wasn't what they signed up for . I am glad to hear I get my Cellar Masters back and IF the Gastropub is still not up to par it won't bug me. Thank you for the feedback!

I never saw anyone eating in the Gastropub on our recent Eclipse cruise (July25-Aug 8th) I tried to get a bottle of water there and waited for the 1 and only waiter to serve me( I was waiting at the bar) Several men were going to the fridges and helping themselves to beer, so the server was concentrating on swiping their cards.

It was a sea day and I had already observed that other venues were short staffed (Ocean view cafe, where I had to ask for a vacant table to be cleared)

I never saw anyone eating in the Gastropub on our recent Eclipse cruise (July25-Aug 8th) I tried to get a bottle of water there and waited for the 1 and only waiter to serve me( I was waiting at the bar) Several men were going to the fridges and helping themselves to beer, so the server was concentrating on swiping their cards.

It was a sea day and I had already observed that other venues were short staffed (Ocean view cafe, where I had to ask for a vacant table to be cleared)

Celebritys' site states that there is a lawn grill and a hot glass show on the Eclipse. Is that true? Also when was the busiest times for the Gastropub? Was it open on embarkation day?

There is no Lawn Club Grill on the Eclipse. The Celebrity website gremlin strikes again.

There is a lawn area, but no grill, and there is a Hot Glass Show.

Yes, it would be impossible to have both a hot glass show and a Lawn Club since they occupy the same exact space.

We actually used the Gastropub on a number of occasions on our Eclipse cruise. We enjoyed it in the evenings when the music was on in the Grand Foyer and had the odd dance there before making our way to the theatre.

I think they could do better with the menu. It was very limited and quite disappointing. We decided not to eat there but may try it next time if it is still there.

We actually used the Gastropub on a number of occasions on our Eclipse cruise. We enjoyed it in the evenings when the music was on in the Grand Foyer and had the odd dance there before making our way to the theatre.

I think they could do better with the menu. It was very limited and quite disappointing. We decided not to eat there but may try it next time if it is still there.

It isnt called the Gastropub/Gastrobar in the evenings, its the Passport Bar which it has always been called. It is only the Gastrobar lunchtimes to late afternoon on sea days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Read it again, it never says lawn club GRILL, just LAWN CLUB. A lawn there is, but no grill, so it's the photo that's wrong, not the description. Also it's GastroBAR, not GastroPUB

Sorry about the name issue....pretty sure we were one the first conversion last year and am equally sure that they called it Gastropub trying yo drum up business but I think it may have put a few people off. Can say it wasn't the name that put us off but the bad service and poor food selection.

I always wonder who´s idea was the name " Gastropub" , always when I read through the thead´s on this board and stumble across the " Gastropub" I first thing of another outbreak of the norovirus!

I thought the very same thing! Gastro.....I was thinking, oh noooooo!

Not a very good name....lol

• 4 weeks later...
Just off eclipse on 8/30. Wine Cellars was good, with the sommelier recommending some wines we had not tried. It was much busier than it was when the wine machines were in place. As far as the gastro Pub, great use of the space with over 50 beers to choose from. We ate there 3 times, getting the Fish/Chips, Sheppard's Pie, a flat bread pizza, and chicken dish. All were outstanding except the Pizza. It was served a bit cold. It could be that the kitchen for the gastro is on Deck 4, and they have to travel a bit to pick up the food. Again, with the large Tvs and lots of beers, the place was being used a lot more than the previous passport bar.

Can you tell us if this is the new design for Cellars Masters? http://gallery.cruisecritic.com/ships/celebrity-eclipse-413/cellar-masters-123218/cellar-masters--v7107254/

Is that how it looks on Equinox? Seems dark...even after being opened up a bit .

if it is still in old cellar master space on Equinox , then is passport area the same as it was?

Seems each ship is becoming a bit different as new options are introduced...