Major QM2 interior refit 2016

QM1

No offense to anyone else's photography but I look forward to Pepperrn's post-refit photos.

Love it! Gotta admit, pepper takes the best pics! When are you sailing pepper? I'm looking at a westbound crossing..maybe it could be our third crossing we take find this time meet!

Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, I volunteer! Even though I'm more of a lurker but it appears that photographic action needs to be taken! I'm going on the Mary July 15 for 9 nights. Ill take a myriad of pictures and make sure there posted. We dont want anyone to be stressed out over pictures of our baby. Consider it done.

Mark

No offense to anyone else's photography but I look forward to Pepperrn's post-refit photos.

Pepperrn1 always very kindly places his excellent photography on Flickr for everyone to view as well.

Edited by Pennbank

Very odd claim on the G32GBQM2 page: "Retweeted Gary (@garybull2016):

@RMSQueenMary2 Found out today Stephen Payne (designer of QM2) was not consulted or asked for opinion on refit changes." If true, that is very odd with all of the structural changes that had to be in the planning for well over a year.

Thank you sincerely Underwatr :o .

Given the amount of rebuilding and refurbishment that has been done, it will almost be like photographing a whole new QM2! I'm very keen to explore and update my photos.

Thank you again, really very generous of you :o

Me too! Bummer we have to wait until November :(
Hi Salacia,

Thank you :o . No-one is more sorry than me that I have to wait until November to see the changes and improvements.

When I booked (June '15) I had no idea that the "remastering" would be so extensive.

Trust me, I am counting down the days... actually, I am almost counting the hours... :D Is it still too early to start packing do you think?

Edited by pepperrn

OK, I volunteer! Even though I'm more of a lurker but it appears that photographic action needs to be taken! I'm going on the Mary July 15 for 9 nights. Ill take a myriad of pictures and make sure there posted. We dont want anyone to be stressed out over pictures of our baby. Consider it done.

Mark

Maybe we will have to work together on photographs Mark whilst we are in the middle of the Atlantic.

Love it! Gotta admit, pepper takes the best pics! When are you sailing pepper? I'm looking at a westbound crossing..maybe it could be our third crossing we take find this time meet! Rob
Thank you Rob, very, very kind of you :o

I'm booked on the November 26th Caribbean Cruise. I'd love to add the preceeding, and following, crossings as well (making it Southampton-Southampton rather than New York-New York), but my elderly father has serious health issues and I don't wish to be away from my parents for a month. So I'm flying the Atlantic both ways (:(). Hopefully we can meet on a crossing next year? I'd be greatly honoured to meet up with you!

I hope you book your crossing, have the best time on board the "new" QM2 (and tell me all about it!).

OK, I volunteer! Even though I'm more of a lurker but it appears that photographic action needs to be taken! I'm going on the Mary July 15 for 9 nights. Ill take a myriad of pictures and make sure there posted. We dont want anyone to be stressed out over pictures of our baby. Consider it done. Mark
Hi tourlink99,

I am so jealous! I really, really look forward to seeing all your many photos :)

Have a most memorable trip, a huge Bon Voyage!

Pepperrn1 always very kindly places his excellent photography on Flickr for everyone to view as well.
Thank you Pennbank :o , very good of you.

When I get back in December I've a lot of work ahead of me updating/replacing existing photos and adding loads of new ones. With all the many changes on board, it will almost be like starting over again :) .

Thanks again. Happy sailings.

Very odd claim on the G32GBQM2 page: "Retweeted Gary (@garybull2016): @RMSQueenMary2 Found out today Stephen Payne (designer of QM2) was not consulted or asked for opinion on refit changes." If true, that is very odd with all of the structural changes that had to be in the planning for well over a year.
Hi BlueRiband,

I too found it odd that Dr Stephen Payne hasn't appeared in any of Cunard's publicity photos taken during the refit. Had he been involved/consulted I would have thought they'd be making the most of it; "Stephen Payne oversees the remastering of his greatest project" or something like that. But, unless I missed it, I've seen nothing of his involvement.

Edited by pepperrn

Hi BlueRiband,

I too found it odd that Dr Stephen Payne hasn't appeared in any of Cunard's publicity photos taken during the refit. Had he been involved/consulted I would have thought they'd be making the most of it; "Stephen Payne oversees the remastering of his greatest project" or something like that. But, unless I missed it, I've seen nothing of his involvement.

He didn't appear in the video of the hull was being inspected immediately after the dock was pumped dry. Unless he was there but just didn't recognizably appear in the background.

She is heading back, here she is passing Cruxhaven

2mx4jo9.png

Thanks for her new profile image! I'm glad she is not too drastically altered. The only thing that does stand out is the "box" where her sports center was relocated.

Hi BlueRiband,

Dr Payne was on the 175th and asked about the refit (as it was then). He was the soul of discretion and said he was unable to really say anything because he didn't work for them anymore and didn't believe he would be anytime soon