Post Refurb Deck Plans?

81Zoomie

trying them out in June. if i do not like them i will never go back.. i know it rocky but i am hoping for the best on that and taking pills. as far as price goes someone is buying them besides me as they are hard to get right now. .maybe people will not like them. .tub in a bathroom with glass surround. Phil, I think it is sad that only top suites get the fancy dinner with officers and now a free tour. In the end you pay for that with the cabin.. so anyone who is new to ship gets a tour while there are many people on cruises who done more cruses or at higher level and get nothing.

I am more confused than ever after bringing up the Journey Deck plans AFTER the dry dock.

Journey cabin 8043 seems to be a Shower cabin but description indications tub & shower???? And NO sofa!!! Just the stupid chair.... So DH gets a chair and I get the BED, not to happy about that! Oh that's right I get a metal office chair, some choice :(

Seems to get a sofa I need to downgrade to a Veranda cabin how silly is that.

I am more confused than ever after bringing up the Journey Deck plans AFTER the dry dock.

Journey cabin 8043 seems to be a Shower cabin but description indications tub & shower???? And NO sofa!!! Just the stupid chair.... So DH gets a chair and I get the BED, not to happy about that! Oh that's right I get a metal office chair, some choice :(

if the chair is metal as it seems i will have it removed from cabin. if i leave it will turn into a dumping pit fro clothes as the higher drawers are missing. my clothes can enjoy he high back chair if needed. before i got the sofa and the next days clothes sat on the chair as i pulled them the night before.. i question downgrading for Feb for a sofa but they are going so modern i bet not a good choice.. the question is where to dine as the table looks small and too low.

Sure would be nice if Bonnie chimed in here about what actually will occur and to fix the website errors. Realize she is leaving for Dubai tomorrow bey, we've been promised and promised and now little more than 2 months to the first refit and all we appear to have is a muddled mess with mor questions than answers!!

I do think that for a balcony cabin to still have shower curtains in this day and age is unacceptable. I am under the impression that even after refit the balcony cabins on Azamara will still have shower curtains. If that is the case why would you pay so much money for the Azamara experience only to have showers from yesteryear.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also find it interesting that 4 new passenger veranda cabins are showing at the front of deck 8 after the refurbishment.

Previously deck 8 ended at cabins 8000 and 8001. Now cabins 8800 - 8803 have been added.

I was told a while ago that they were adding some cabins to deck 8 using space that is currently officer accommodation.

Phil

I was also thinking these cabins had existed before as "non revenue" for Officers or others.

They will have to add balconies to them which won't be as straightforward as just a refurb. They are currently "oceanview" and used by people like the F and B Manager and Cruise Director I think.

Phil

I found the smaller chair very comfortable - more so than two of us on a smaller sofa.

Not sure people should be asking for furniture to be moved out - makes more work for everyone on change over day never mind the storage issues. You need that chair anyway for sitting at the desk which will have a mirror beside it (hair drying etc)

They will have to add balconies to them which won't be as straightforward as just a refurb. They are currently "oceanview" and used by people like the F and B Manager and Cruise Director I think.

Phil

there are i think 4 cabins on each side of bridge. The CD sleep next to the captain's cabin. i think the F&B sleeps on port as the HD. they have huge round porthole style windows. I think the are moving more jr bridge officers- guess deck.. i am sure they do not want to give up a window. not sure they can add a balcony. thought the lower numbers had no balcony- Philip mention months ago officers being moved never really talked about the refit. they have to move the fire doors that say crew only.

you really do not need 3 chairs in a cabin.. he desk chair can be used for the desk or a dumping ground for stiff. now the big chair get the dumping ground when i sort clothes or pack.. sofa gets me to read. when we lose the sofa i will read in bed. .not sure where i will eat when not on balcony. most people i know do 2 plus cruises so asking nicely to move a chair or add a table- i stored a suitcase once too.

you really do not need 3 chairs in a cabin.. he desk chair can be used for the desk or a dumping ground for stiff. now the big chair get the dumping ground when i sort clothes or pack.. sofa gets me to read. when we lose the sofa i will read in bed. .not sure where i will eat when not on balcony. most people i know do 2 plus cruises so asking nicely to move a chair or add a table- i stored a suitcase once too.

To clarify for others in the new Club suites there are TWO chairs not three - One high back - what I think the designers still dangerously call a Gentlemans chair- and one low back that doubles as a desk chair. There are of course additional chairs on the balcony if eating outside is your wish.

And to cruisers new to Azamara who may be worried, despite what the poster is saying the vast majority of cruisers only do a single cruise. Do not feel Azamara is not for you if you only want 7-10 nights.

Staff will try and store items elsewhere but space is very very limited and they can only handle a few requests each cruise, so only ask if it's a big issue such as you need more space because of mobility issues. Likewise additional furniture is their contingency for breakages so needs to be kept for this or again a special needs case.

Cases will fit under your bed unless you are in the largest suite where normal sized cases will not slide under but you have lots of other storage places instead.

Edited by uktog

there are i think 4 cabins on each side of bridge. The CD sleep next to the captain's cabin. i think the F&B sleeps on port as the HD. they have huge round porthole style windows. I think the are moving more jr bridge officers- guess deck.. i am sure they do not want to give up a window. not sure they can add a balcony. thought the lower numbers had no balcony- Philip mention months ago officers being moved never really talked about the refit. they have to move the fire doors that say crew only.

Dunno the intracacies, just that they currently have no balconies and the new deck plan shows them as having them. Time will tell.......

Phil

Dunno the intracacies, just that they currently have no balconies and the new deck plan shows them as having them. Time will tell.......

Phil

Yes, it will be interesting how they implement the new veranda cabins, especially since we're booked in cabin 8000 for our cruise on the Quest next year.

Yes, it will be interesting how they implement the new veranda cabins, especially since we're booked in cabin 8000 for our cruise on the Quest next year.

Also, they'll be cutting the hull on deck 9 on the port side pretty much above to accommodate the new Spa Suites and their balconies.

Phil

Also, they'll be cutting the hull on deck 9 on the port side pretty much above to accommodate the new Spa Suites and their balconies.

Phil

never really thought of that. But they are selling fast.

also looekd at the only picture I could find of a CC sute and it had 3 chairs. he desk chair, the ugly metal one and the tall one. .no sofa. as i was curled up in my den last night iwondered how one lives without a sofa

To clarify for others in the new Club suites there are TWO chairs not three - One high back - what I think the designers still dangerously call a Gentlemans chair- and one low back that doubles as a desk chair. There are of course additional chairs on the balcony if eating outside is your wish........

....Staff will try and store items elsewhere but space is very very limited and they can only handle a few requests each cruise, so only ask if it's a big issue such as you need more space because of mobility issues. Likewise additional furniture is their contingency for breakages so needs to be kept for this or again a special needs case.

Cases will fit under your bed unless you are in the largest suite where normal sized cases will not slide under but you have lots of other storage places instead.

All the pictures I have seen of Club Continent Suites shows 3 chairs in total; 1 wing back chair, 1 low back chair and 1 armless chair for the desk.

I would be very happy to have only 2 chairs. Has Azamara changed this aspect of the design?

IMHO three is too many chairs for the size of the room. The room is small enough already without adding unnecessary furniture. I would be happy with the wing back chair and the desk chair tucked under the desk. If additional seating is required it is easy enough to carry an extra chair or two in from the balcony.

While I would be tempted to ask for the third chair to be stored elsewhere I do agree with you that this can cause problems for the room staff.

At the end of the day I am sure we can all manage with our first world problems.

It seems they have added a chair then, when I visited the refurbished room on the ship it only had two. Time will tell what actually happens as they did say they would be making some changes based on feedback

All the pictures I have seen of Club Continent Suites shows 3 chairs in total; 1 wing back chair, 1 low back chair and 1 armless chair for the desk.

all the ones i have seen are 3 chairs. only Ann seen the room at the time.

While I would be tempted to ask for the third chair to be stored elsewhere I do agree with you that this can cause problems for the room staff.

I am not on for one cruise but weeks and i rather be able to walk around my room without tripping on a chair. if one cruise i just move it the chair like i move a table or a basket but 6 to 8 weeks is along time.

At the end of the day I am sure we can all manage with our first world problems.

my suitcases are under the bed but once i had more than 4 and i could not get them under the bed.. traveling for 10 weeks and two climates i just pack what i want and fly away.

We've also booked cabin 8000 next year on the Quest - on the TA to Montreal in September. Hope that your booking is not for the same cruise. :)

We've also booked cabin 8000 next year on the Quest - on the TA to Montreal in September. Hope that your booking is not for the same cruise. :)

No, not the same cruise. :)

Although, that one looks like a really fun one that we would enjoy.

We are on a Caribbean cruise in November 2016.

Maybe you can post if there are any problems with cabin 8000 after the refurb. I bet it will be just fine though.

Edited by bbqoug

We were fortunate in meeting with Azamara today. We specifically asked about Journey CC 8043 post-refurb - we were told it is Shower and Wing Chair.

We were told that the latest decision is that Shower/Wing Chair will alternate with Tub/Sofa down each side of CCs. Just don't take my word for it - it could still change (and is not on current website layout)!

We were fortunate in meeting with Azamara today. We specifically asked about Journey CC 8043 post-refurb - we were told it is Shower and Wing Chair.

We were told that the latest decision is that Shower/Wing Chair will alternate with Tub/Sofa down each side of CCs. Just don't take my word for it - it could still change (and is not on current website layout)!

Hoping you can clarify your use of the work alternate. Right now the post refurb layout shows showers on the forward end of the even numbered CC suites and on the aft end of the odd numbered CC suites.

This might be considered alternating however it also could mean every other suite from bow to stern having one or the other. Would appreciate a clarification as getting any information on the makeup of these suites direct from Azamara seems to be as likely as finding chicken lips in the MDR!!