Post Refurb Deck Plans?

81Zoomie

We were fortunate in meeting with Azamara today. We specifically asked about Journey CC 8043 post-refurb - we were told it is Shower and Wing Chair.

We were told that the latest decision is that Shower/Wing Chair will alternate with Tub/Sofa down each side of CCs. Just don't take my word for it - it could still change (and is not on current website layout)!

Wow and thanks for inquiring! Your right the currently released deck plan certainly does not reflect this info.....

Hoping you can clarify your use of the work alternate. Right now the post refurb layout shows showers on the forward end of the even numbered CC suites and on the aft end of the odd numbered CC suites.

This might be considered alternating however it also could mean every other suite from bow to stern having one or the other. Would appreciate a clarification as getting any information on the makeup of these suites direct from Azamara seems to be as likely as finding chicken lips in the MDR!!

My understanding of what we were told this morning is post-refurb CCs

a) Shower will always be paired with Wing Chair

b) Tub will always be paired with Sofa

c) 8043 is Shower with Wing Chair

d) Next door will be Tub plus Sofa

e) Next door to that will be Shower with Wing Chair

e) ... and so on down the line.

As I said, this was direct from Azamara - who tell me it is the latest news that they have received this week. But, who knows whether that could be changed before implementation!

As I said, this was direct from Azamara - who tell me it is the latest news that they have received this week. But, who knows whether that could be changed before implementation!

Thanks so much CashewNuts for the quick reply and clarification. As you and others have said, the current post refurb layout for Journey is completely incorrect and as you stated, subject to change and more than likely changes will occur as they have continued to occur. Makes it extremely difficult for new bookers to choose their suite and more than likely no matter what they choose they won't get what they were looking for.

Speaking for ourselves, have no issue with the alternating shower and tub however, have no idea why they are also alternating couch vs. wingback chair. As I remember, there were absolutely no posts supporting the wingback chair and many against it and supporting the couch.

Certainly hope Azamara will look at the chair vs. couch issue and go back to all couches in the CC Suites. Seems very unfair to have a combination like this being implemented.

Thanks ,,

if I am reading this correctly then my feb cabin has a bathtub.u am one of the few who want them.. many do not.. so the big question becomes what is 8040 which is booked based on a bathtub. and since suite start at 8036 and i am thinking 8039 then i would not have a tub in 8040. if i move again my agent will kill me.

if I am reading this correctly then my feb cabin has a bathtub.u am one of the few who want them.. many do not.. so the big question becomes what is 8040 which is booked based on a bathtub. and since suite start at 8036 and i am thinking 8039 then i would not have a tub in 8040. if i move again my agent will kill me.

Unfortunately (and I realised immediately after I left - when my delight in getting the information overshadowed any thought of my posting any information here), I did not ask about Port side start cabin configuration, nor anything about the N2s.

I only asked about Journey Starboard N1s (actually, I only specifically asked about Journey 8043 configuration, the rest was volunteered). May be different start order on Port side - I was told, though, that N1s will alternate down each side. May be different on Quest!

I think we've reached the point of speculation where everyone's head is spinning. As difficult as this is for those affected, there really is no alternative than to wait for Azamara to make a final decision and post the information authoritatively (through Bonnie and/or on their website). The more we continue to feed this rumor dragon, the more it will breathe fire ...

As difficult as this is for those affected, there really is no alternative than to wait for Azamara to make a final decision and post the information authoritatively (through Bonnie and/or on their website). The more we continue to feed this rumor dragon, the more it will breathe fire ...

I agree but don't understand why they just posted new deck plans if they are not correct. Sometimes, I wonder if the left hand knows what the right hand is doing! If I don't have a tub the world won't end, but for those of us who plan our trips over a year out, not having all the facts is frustrating.

I agree but don't understand why they just posted new deck plans if they are not correct. Sometimes, I wonder if the left hand knows what the right hand is doing! If I don't have a tub the world won't end, but for those of us who plan our trips over a year out, not having all the facts is frustrating.

i want a tub but i can live. Sofa another game.. i do curl up on mine to read.

Edited by ellbon

Maybe the published deck plans are actually accurate! And the info given to the poster on this board is just "pie in the sky"??

I'm finally seeing the Journey deck plans with the updated key (and the sideways triangle), but the Quest deck plans for 2018 are blank. Are others seeing these final Quest deck plans? [maybe I have a cache problem]

Yes Jazz. Those have been published for about a week now and I commented earlier on this thread about the strange triangle and asked Bonnie to look into accurate info at this late date but the Azamara silence has been deafening.

Yes I remember your post -- it seemed odd at the time because I wasn't seeing the update. So... are you seeing a deck plan for Quest deck 8 under the latest date range (the one that includes 2018)? I'm still getting a blank there.

[update: in case it was a cache issue, I just installed the Chrome browser -- Quest has the old deck plans for the date ranges Nov 2015-Apr 2016 and Sep 23 2016, but blanks for May-Sep 22 2016 and Sep 24 2016-Dec 2018]

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Yup still blank and still the 4 different date periods including one day that Bonnie weeks ago confirmed was in error. Sure confuses potential new customers trying to find their perfect cabin. Think your recent post about having to wait is correct. Has been wrong for months and appears plans are not yet firm and no comments from Azamara. Just have to wait.

Yup still blank and still the 4 different date periods including one day that Bonnie weeks ago confirmed was in error. Sure confuses potential new customers trying to find their perfect cabin. Think your recent post about having to wait is correct. Has been wrong for months and appears plans are not yet firm and no comments from Azamara. Just have to wait.

Makes me wonder if Azamara's website is run by the same IT group as Celebrity's. If so, it will never be fixed. :eek:

Makes me wonder if Azamara's website is run by the same IT group as Celebrity's. If so, it will never be fixed. :eek:

Funny way to run a business! Guess the old guys that run the place don't understand that their online presence is going to eventually "sink" their ship :(

Unbelievable that they don't seem to get it...

Watching the website pull cruises based on a port you're researching, or shore excursions for a cruise you've booked -- I suspect this is a massive Oracle-based monster that is a bear to update every time they add a new batch of cruise dates. [This is based on being involved when my university replaced its legacy COBOL IT system -- it still worked but all the COBOL programmers were retiring! -- with Oracle. When I retired, five years into the transition, they were still having problems with course registration every semester.] So I sympathize with the magnitude of the issues -- but I still get frustrated as a user. :)

Watching the website pull cruises based on a port you're researching, or shore excursions for a cruise you've booked -- I suspect this is a massive Oracle-based monster that is a bear to update every time they add a new batch of cruise dates. [This is based on being involved when my university replaced its legacy COBOL IT system -- it still worked but all the COBOL programmers were retiring! -- with Oracle. When I retired, five years into the transition, they were still having problems with course registration every semester.] So I sympathize with the magnitude of the issues -- but I still get frustrated as a user. :)

If they design the database correctly it should really be very easy to extract the information you describe. At any point in time they probably have little more than 250 cruises open for sale, which makes for a tiny database. OK there is the ancillary information on ports, shore excursions etc but they should not really complicate matters.

Now the booking engine ... that is probably an entirely different matter.

Edited by minz56

If they design the database correctly it should really be very easy to extract the information you describe. At any point in time they probably have little more than 250 cruises open for sale, which makes for a tiny database. OK there is the ancillary information on ports, shore excursions etc but they should not really complicate matters.

Now the booking engine ... that is probably an entirely different matter.

That's what Oracle promised -- but we got a 2-year plan that (shades of the USSR) turned into a 5-year plan and was heading for a 7-year plan when I left. It's much more enjoyable to be a retired cruise ship passenger!

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to get a definitive answer from Azamara on the tub and shower plan for CC suites. I was told onboard Quest in October that port N1 suites and starboard N2 suites would have tubs, and the rest would be showers. Then someone was told tubs and showers would alternate on each side of the ship and posted that here.

I asked my TA to confirm 8062 would have a shower. He was told yesterday that port CC suites would have showers and starboard would have tubs. Perhaps whoever was telling him this was referring only to N2 suites (like 8062), not to all suites.

Whatever it's going to be, can't someone tell us what is really going to happen? Once and for all? We're now only two months from dry dock, so someone must know by now.

[Deck plan for Journey still shows port N1 suites and starboard N2 suites with tubs.]

Edited by marinaro44

It would be nice to get a definitive answer from Azamara on the tub and shower plan for CC suites. I was told onboard Quest in October that port N1 suites and starboard N2 suites would have tubs, and the rest would be showers. Then someone was told tubs and showers would alternate on each side of the ship and posted that here.

I asked my TA to confirm 8062 would have a shower. He was told yesterday that port CC suites would have showers and starboard would have tubs. Perhaps whoever was telling him this was referring only to N2 suites (like 8062), not to all suites.

Whatever it's going to be, can't someone tell us what is really going to happen? Once and for all? We're now only two months from dry dock, so someone must know by now.

[Deck plan for Journey still shows port N1 suites and starboard N2 suites with tubs.]

Hi marinaro44,

I'll see if I can't get the tub location list for all of you.