IOS Ship Lock Down in San Juan

kford0405

Today we arrived in San Juan and after touring the island for a couple hours, we were surprised that we are not allowed to get back on the ship. Apparently there was a "verbal physical threat made to the ship" so no one is allowed to get on, and folks who remained on board are not allowed off. There are dozens of police and fireman around the area and at the ship's entrance. We are suppose to disembark at 10 pm, it's only 7:15 right now. Anyone else know what's going on?

Anyone remember a dozen years or so ago when a teen girl was on a cruise with her family, didn't want to be there, wanted to be home with her boyfriend, and left a bomb threat in a bathroom, hoping that they would turn the ship around and return home?

I never heard that one.

Well, you've only been on Cruise Critic for about a year......... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry if you misunderstood, I wasn't doubting you, just surprised it wasn't reported in the press, or if so that I missed it.

Anyone remember a dozen years or so ago when a teen girl was on a cruise with her family, didn't want to be there, wanted to be home with her boyfriend, and left a bomb threat in a bathroom, hoping that they would turn the ship around and return home?

Yep, I remember!