Currently on Eclipse Luninae service restricted

Gordoncruickshank

The great thing about cruise critic is when you add your comments the 'me' factor is not all important. We do cruise suites, Luminae is not the be all and end all to us, personally breakfast/lunch/brunch is no issue.

HOWEVER

This post was started by a couple who were disappointed that what they are receiving is not what they were expecting. How many alternative places there are to eat breakfast or lunch simply isn't relevant.

We experienced Luminae as it opened and this issue of three meals a day was a real issue then.

Quite simply Celebrity needs to clarify again. If BLD is not working on some cruises then simply be open about it. For those, like ourselves, it is not a problem but for those people who have booked a suite in the expectation of three meals a day then they have the right to know exactly what to expect.

As I said, I think the strength of cruise critic is about caring and responding to the feelings of fellow cruisers. I am upset the OP has not had the cruise experience he thought he booked. Isn't that what is important?

Very well put. This ISi what's important.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The ship is reverting back to breakfast, lunch and dinner immediately.

And this. Because of the OP, it seems change has been effected. Let's hope he comes back and reports it's true.

I was thinking, as I was about to post this regarding the "there are plenty of other places to eat onboard argument. Couldn't the same be said about the MDR? Why not just close it down and send people to the ocean view, just add some tables and chairs. If you dont like it, pay for a specialty restaurant? That's essentially what the argument tells someone who is in a sky suite to do. Anyway, your wish I may just happen on the new Edge Class. I for one won't be surprised to see no MDR (though I would guess there will be including dining rooms for everyone).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The ship is reverting back to breakfast, lunch and dinner immediately.

Are you giving odds on this bet? While I hope you're right, I'm not sure I'd be willing to bet on it happening, but I may take the bet it doesn't happen on sea days.

Happy sailing.

Jenna

Jenna, the odds on my bet are looking better.

Just back from Constellation and there was a brunch in Luminae from 10 until 1 on sea days, but there weren't so many of them. I went and ate breakfast elsewhere because it doesnt suit me to wait ether. There is food all over the ship if you need it for a medical reason and for me at least it isn't worth getting worked up over. Blu does a lovely breakfast. I'm afraid some of this foot stomping because one is in a suite gets tiring for me. I saw it in person on Constellation.

Phil

I think the best solution would be to remove Luminae and open the MDR back up for all of us, even the hoi polloi in inside cabins <grin>.

I'm sorry that this need for an isolated-from-everyone-not-in-suites experience is so important, more important than just chilling out. Thanks to all the suite people who keep this in perspective. You are sweet. If the ONLY reason one books a suite on a cruise is for the private dining experience, I guess being angry would be appropriate, but can't you dine en suite? Sorry, since the likelihood is that I will never sail in a suite, I guess I don't have the proper understanding of this. I am with Phil, this gets tiring. And I'm an egalitarian, not an elitist.

Beth

Thank you!

However, your response brings to mind another question. Will breakfast, lunch and dinner be the standard policy in Luminae on all ships in the fleet? Or is this ship specific?

Thank you!

However, your response brings to mind another question. Will breakfast, lunch and dinner be the standard policy in Luminae on all ships in the fleet? Or is this ship specific?

Great query Sherry. Personally, I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but for those that do enjoy three meals a day...this venue should be available.

We agree, thank your for clairyfing, but as this poster noted, is this fleet wide? We are very much looking forward to luminae and 3 meals in there in an upcoming cruise. The writeups up until this thread have made it sound awesome!

It would be nice to also get clarification on whether the hours will be more reasonable (ie serve breakfast to 9:30 or 10am).

Thank you!

In general I wonder what it is that requires those who have bought and payed for a privilege to have to defend themselves?

It should make no difference to anyone what someone else thinks. If you want a suite and can afford it, great...and when what was promised does not materialize, not so great.

Thank you!

Per Dondra Ritzenthaler it's ship specific.... so it's up the on board team when to start serving breakfast

Don't shoot the messenger...:D

CC

Edited by curiouscat

Per Dondra Ritzenthaler it's ship specific.... so it's up the on board team when to start serving breakfast

Don't shoot the messenger...:D

CC

X has amended many prouncements regarding meal service in Luminae. I would hope that this statement is not set in stone.

If it is, it would be nice to be informed of the current policy of each ship.

Edit: As I re-read your remark, you only mention the start time for breakfast. I was asking about the policy for a three meal service in Luminae.

Edited by C-Dragons

In general I wonder what it is that requires those who have bought and payed for a privilege to have to defend themselves?

It should make no difference to anyone what someone else thinks. If you want a suite and can afford it, great...and when what was promised does not materialize, not so great.

You are right. The issue just seems so petty when you look at all the problems in the world

Could we alter the hours to have them be reasonable for those on vacation? Breakfast that ends at 8:30 is ridiculous. The idea of being showered, dressed and eating breakfast by 8:30 in the morning while on vacation is uncivilized IMHO!

X has amended many prouncements regarding meal service in Luminae. I would hope that this statement is not set in stone.

If it is, it would be nice to be informed of the current policy of each ship.

Edit: As I re-read your remark, you only mention the start time for breakfast. I was asking about the policy for a three meal service in Luminae.

Lunch and dinner remains the same on all ships..it was just the Breakfast time that was not consistent...

I'm sure they're working on it ( hopefully) per Celebrity Cruises post on this board... I pointed out the absurdity of the inconsistency :D

CC

Edited by curiouscat

You cannot please everyone. I want breakfast a bit before 6am and have no place to eat on board! I simply always wrap a cookie the night before and go and get a cup of something to drink.

This discussion is really sort of crazy and meal serving times have been different on different ships with different places they visit. In Antarctica they served a buffet breakfast starting at daylight and served straight through till late. Understand the need for a diabetic for regular small meals, but the original poster should put his energy into things that are in the giant scheme of things more important. Blu, MDR, the buffet, room service and since in a suite their butler who would bring them most anything almost anytime.

Is it absurd to have different starting times for breakfast - no. After an overnight port visit breakfast could start a bit later, just so something is available early.

Could we alter the hours to have them be reasonable for those on vacation? Breakfast that ends at 8:30 is ridiculous. The idea of being showered, dressed and eating breakfast by 8:30 in the morning while on vacation is uncivilized IMHO!

That's the problem! Some want breakfast at 7 others at 9 or 10. For us sea days are when we can stay up late and sleep late so we don't eat breakfast until 10:30-11. We were hoping for brunch on sea days and breakfast on port days since we are on a TA later this month.

For those who made their booking based on 3 meals a day in Luminae I am glad that they are getting what they paid for. We also paid for 3 meals in Luminae but knew we would only be there for breakfast on some port days just like when we are in Aqua and only ate breakfast in Blu on port days.

You are right. The issue just seems so petty when you look at all the problems in the world

You're right...perhaps those who are considering booking a suite should, instead, contribute that money to one of the many wonderful charities that help the needy...in fact, take that vacation time and contribute that time to one of the local charities that are helping the needy in your area.

On the other hand, if one is going to forsake the needy and ignore the problems of the world, then one should spend their money wisely....and they should get what they paid for. Coincidentally, that's the essence of this thread.....

Edited by ghstudio

Just off the Solstice yesterday. We had 6 sea days and 5 port days. We had B,L and D. I still find the Luminae menus very limited. I would have enjoyed brunch on one or two of the sea days as the lunch menu was limited and repeats every few days.

Agree, a brunch or 2 a week would be nice, but they can do this without eliminating breakfast.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Just off the Solstice yesterday. We had 6 sea days and 5 port days. We had B,L and D. I still find the Luminae menus very limited. I would have enjoyed brunch on one or two of the sea days as the lunch menu was limited and repeats every few days.

By chance to you have copies of any of the menus ?

CC

The menus were the same as Jenna posted in April on the Summit. I could not see any changes. I thought the Summit food was better than the Solstice. We thought our meals in Tuscan Grill and Murano were better in food and service than Luminae. Love having a suite and butler service but I will book AQ and Blu if the suite price is too high.

WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree! I am an early riser and can't stand the buffet. My husband likes to sleep to the ungodly hour of 9 AM on vacation, so my options are either eating alone in the dining room, or dealing with the buffet once he wakes up. Waking him up doesn't fare well for anyone ;)