Grand Princess towels

maccafan54

Although we have been on Princess many times, we have never found a need to measure the towels. But the bath towels in the cabin are big enough, and if you are unhappy with the size you can simply ask your steward to leave extra towels every day. Bring along some duct tape and you can just tape a few together :). They also provide separate towels for the pool area (which you can also take ashore if you want towels for the beach) which are oversized, but not as large as really high priced beach towels. But again, you can just take a few extra and tape them together with your duct tape (there are many uses for duct tape).

Hank

Although we have been on Princess many times, we have never found a need to measure the towels. But the bath towels in the cabin are big enough, and if you are unhappy with the size you can simply ask your steward to leave extra towels every day. Bring along some duct tape and you can just tape a few together :). They also provide separate towels for the pool area (which you can also take ashore if you want towels for the beach) which are oversized, but not as large as really high priced beach towels. But again, you can just take a few extra and tape them together with your duct tape (there are many uses for duct tape).

Hank

Thank you for making a first time cruiser feel really stupid!!!! Despite assurances there is no such thing as a stupid question your pathetic reference about duct tape has made it so.

Agree with Hank, the towels on all of our 18 cruises have been adequate, and like you, we like bigger towels. You can ask for more towels, if you need them. We have never, however, felt towels to be "stupid" or "useless".

For Princess specifics, best to ask on the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to Princess, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Having just got off Dawn Princess, we can say their towels are adequate sized, and like most cruise lines, they provide pool and beach towels as well.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Guess my humor (or humour) fell flat on the OP. But not all is lost. So here are a few other things you could do with Duct Tape (never leave home without it):

http://www.kidpub.com/story/101-things-do-duct-tape-d-please-read-ddd-844105800

While there is no reference to towels they do mention blankets :).

Hank

Hi

Can anyone advise how big the towels are in the cabins? Are they good size bath sheets or stupid useless ones? My husband & I hate silly sized towels. Also do you hath to bring your own towels for swimming ?

Thank you

Actually, they have four sizes of towels in each cabin. two small face cloths, two hand towels, two large bath towels, which are quite large. They should work for you. Aldo, there is a bath mat and two pool towels, with blue and white striping. Note that you can get plenty of pool towels up on the pool decks. The pool towels are good size but are not ginormous.

Also, if you take your towels ashore, you must bring them back or you will be charged for them.

Thank you for making a first time cruiser feel really stupid!!!! Despite assurances there is no such thing as a stupid question your pathetic reference about duct tape has made it so.

It was a joke, you . . . .

Loosen up if you're going to be on the Internet.

They are large rather thick bath towels. Just ask your cabin steward for extra towels if you wish.

There are always beach towels in your cabin so you could use those if you prefer.

Look forward to having a great cruise. :)

LuLu

Hi

Can anyone advise how big the towels are in the cabins? Are they good size bath sheets or stupid useless ones? My husband & I hate silly sized towels. Also do you hath to bring your own towels for swimming ?

Thank you

What size is "stupid useless"? Wouldn't be the same for 5'0" and 6'5".

If the size of a towel is what makes or breaks your vacation, why don't you bring one with you?

On Grand Princess in September they provided 3 sizes, all standard US sizes. Bath towels were long enough for loungers.

Guess my humor (or humour) fell flat on the OP. But not all is lost. So here are a few other things you could do with Duct Tape (never leave home without it):

http://www.kidpub.com/story/101-things-do-duct-tape-d-please-read-ddd-844105800

While there is no reference to towels they do mention blankets :).

Hank

Gaffer tape does pretty much all this but without the sticky mess left by duct tape.

But are they stupid?

Most towels have the same IQ a other inanimate objects, although bath towels seem a little more stupid than hand towels. You will find over time that a good bath towel is like a loveable dog, always by your side and will never leave you, and with a good towel or puppy you will never have a need for duct tape. happy cruising

Hi

Thank you

We just sailed on the Grand last week, the bath towels were actually impressive, almost too big to wrap around my head after washing my hair.

Hey all! This does bring up a question - we stayed in the Grand Suite once, last week in a Mini-Suite (very nice btw),

Has this ever been addressed on CC?? Seriously - does anyone know if towel size and quality differs between cabin classes?

"Beach Towels" are provided at all pools and hot tubs - you can also take these towels on shore when going on tours and to the beach.

Edited by SMerritt

Has this ever been addressed on CC?? Seriously - does anyone know if towel size and quality differs between cabin classes?

Not that I can remember in our experiences (full suites on Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, Royal and Caribbean Princesses; mini-suites on Coral, Island, Emerald, and Ruby Princesses).

We just sailed on the Grand last week, the bath towels were actually impressive, almost too big to wrap around my head after washing my hair.

Ha, ha, guess that's better than not being able to wrap your head around something, as the saying goes.:D