How many times do you frequent the specialty restaurants?

amscene1

Going on a 10 day royal princess cruise. Look to maximize my culinary experience. What is your routine for visiting specialty restaurants?

Do you go to each on once, one twice, none at all? What do you all recommend doing?

First night and last night. At least twice per cruise.

We do the same thing plus when sailing on the Royal or Regal we go to the Winemakers Dinner. Like the Chef's Table, participation is limited & for $40/pp the meal was great & has free flowing wine. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We visit a specialty restaurant 2 times on a 7 day cruise and 3 times on a 10 day cruise. [emoji3]

This is similar to what I was thinking. Sabitinis once and crown grill twice!

What's this seafood thing I keep hearing about on royal and regal?

Is it ok too repeat crown grill, I've heard it will be my best meal, anyone do crown grill 2 or even 3 times???

We ate at the Crown Grill 4 times last year on the Star. It was a B2B, 17 days.

Enjoy, Denise

This is similar to what I was thinking. Sabitinis once and crown grill twice!

What's this seafood thing I keep hearing about on royal and regal?

Why don't you check out the dining options on the Princess website? It may answer some of your questions.

There are a few options as to seafood so... it's hard to answer since you don't specify.

On a 14 day cruise we will do a chefs table, not sure if were lucky but have always been able to book. The only time the we didn't there wasn't enough people that signed up and they didn't have one on that cruise. We always do a Balcony Dining at least once. Sabatinis twice and Crown grill 3 or 4 times. Also the specialty breakfast in the room once.

Depends on how many formal nights there are since we don't like getting dressed up so we always go to an alternative restaurant. At least once a cruise for Crown Grill, Sabatinis and the Crab Shack. If we're on the Royal or Regal we throw Alfredos's (which is no charge) into the line-up too.

We don't pack "formal" clothes anymore so we go to the specialty restaurants on formal nights where they have the "smart casual" rule every night. I'd say the mix on formal nights is about 50/50 dressy and smart casual. But, if you want to take advantage of this option, you need to book your reservation right after you board.

We've up it from once to twice per cruise several years ago. I'm not a big on Italian food, their Italian cooking is very good so please don't flame me, and would have ordered off the anytime menu but after trying CG make it a point to go there that night. I also don't like their American night cooking which is always there last night. I think Swanson taste better! CG to the rescue:D

It nice to have choices.

framer

We usually go on formal nights. We don't frequent HC. On a 14 day cruise on the Royal, for instance, we would eat at Crown Grill, Sabatini's, Alfredos (no surcharge} and the Crab Shack at least once if not twice. We don't mind the extra charge, it's a nice change of pace