Golden Princess 2 Nighter - must do on board?

I can't remember where I read it - might have been the fine print in the Cruise Personaliser - but it said Driver's License for adult and Medicare card for child is sufficient.

I'm an overthinker, though, and will be bringing our passports!

I have used both with Princess.

D/L on a Tas cruise, passport on others, never had an issue either way, but if you have a passport I always think it better to ere on the side of caution and take it.

I have used both with Princess.

D/L on a Tas cruise, passport on others, never had an issue either way, but if you have a passport I always think it better to ere on the side of caution and take it.

Passports get scanned but Drivers' licences need to be copied, so for speed and ease of check-in we bring the passports even for domestic cruises.

Is this the first time Golden Princess has been to Australia?

I think the only Grand Class Princess ships that have visited Australia are the Star, Sapphire and Diamond, very soon to be joined by the Golden and the Emerald. But I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I was in Sydney when the Star visited and I had never seen anything so impressive. Little did I know that 3 years later I would take my first cruise on the Diamond and then be hooked on cruising for life!

cheers

Stu

I think the only Grand Class Princess ships that have visited Australia are the Star, Sapphire and Diamond, very soon to be joined by the Golden and the Emerald. But I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I was in Sydney when the Star visited and I had never seen anything so impressive. Little did I know that 3 years later I would take my first cruise on the Diamond and then be hooked on cruising for life!

cheers

Stu

Yes, my first Princess ship was the Diamond, still my favourite of that cruise line.

I am doing this cruise - on an el cheapo inside guarantee as I needed 2 cabins (2 solos). I'm keen to see how the Golden stacks up against the other ships I've been on. I didn't warm to the Dawn P but Golden looks lovely. The person I am going with (adult DS) is very excited as he has never cruised before.

Just waiting for cabin allocations now, and waiting and waiting.... trying to be patient. :)

I am doing this cruise - on an el cheapo inside guarantee as I needed 2 cabins (2 solos). I'm keen to see how the Golden stacks up against the other ships I've been on. I didn't warm to the Dawn P but Golden looks lovely. The person I am going with (adult DS) is very excited as he has never cruised before.

Just waiting for cabin allocations now, and waiting and waiting.... trying to be patient. :)

Good luck.

I'm waiting for our cabin to be allocated as well.

Might be a case of last minute allocations as they seem to have so many free.

Wonder if the price will drop again?

No the price wont drop ...they will fill the cabins with Travel Agents..:D:D

on a study course , of course.:rolleyes:

I should become a TA.:D

It's the same as gaming as a job, and other things.

When it's being done for work, it's not quite the same.

For example, those complimentary rooms for TAs usually are for the employee only - so they can't travel with spouse, friend, child, whoever.

I'm waiting for our cabin to be allocated as well.

Might be a case of last minute allocations as they seem to have so many free.

Yes, I'm not expecting them to allocate until really close to departure.

Means they only have to do it once, so simpler, and I wouldn't be surprised if they toss some upgrades in, so can do it on status then.

Wonder if the price will drop again?

Might be a small fall, but I wouldn't think further discounting, especially major, is likely.

I'm on the cruise too. I booked the cheapest cabin way back in March so hoping I might be one of the lucky ones who gets a balcony upgrade (my friend got this in the Diamond Princess last year).

It's the same as gaming as a job, and other things.

When it's being done for work, it's not quite the same.

For example, those complimentary rooms for TAs usually are for the employee only - so they can't travel with spouse, friend, child, whoever.

Most likely but hey, if that is what happens, my wife can be a TA as well.;)