Golden Princess 2 Nighter - must do on board?

What the heck is going on?

This morning insides and overviews were all sold with plenty in the other categories.

A couple of hours later the whole cruise was showing as sold.

Now there are cabins available everywhere!

Would have been on hold while they were doing an allocation. Bit like doing a stocktake - easier to allocate if you don't have people pulling stock at the same time!

That said, mine's still not allocated. Nice bonuses for those who got them though. :)

The upgrade fairy might come through for some looking at the site at the moment shows almost the entire Dolphin deck of mini's are unsold/vacant, excluding the forward section which is sold out. Best of luck to you all :)

We got a BC cabin starboard side Lido deck rather than the BF guaranteed so happy with that. Port side would have been nice for Sydney but no big dea as I've got port booked for a future cruise.

You'd have to be happy with that.

Ports great while docked, Starboards great while sailing out.

Just my opinion.

The upgrade fairy might come through for some looking at the site at the moment shows almost the entire Dolphin deck of mini's are unsold/vacant, excluding the forward section which is sold out. Best of luck to you all :)

Based on the fact that I paid $244 pp I'm guessing I am last on the upgrade list. BF-BD is a real bonus

Looking forward to hearing other allocations

We have been allocated deck 12 mid ship BB category.

We are under the pool deck but still very happy considering it was a BF guarantee.

But then I'm always happy when on a ship!:D

I have noticed that some ships that have previously had their stern in to the quay are docking bow in now. So it really is a lottery as to what side is better.:D

Golden Princess had her first visit to Sydney last Sunday and I happened to be at Circular Quay that day. She's definitely docks with the bow to the quay.

I do know what you mean though. Since the upgrade to the OPT, Celebrity Solstice is now bow in where previously she was stern in to the quay. I know of people who had specifically booked starboard expecting her to be stern in - they were mighty unhappy that she was bow in for their cruise. I think they lightened up after a couple of cocktails though.

Golden Princess had her first visit to Sydney last Sunday and I happened to be at Circular Quay that day. She's definitely docks with the bow to the quay.

I do know what you mean though. Since the upgrade to the OPT, Celebrity Solstice is now bow in where previously she was stern in to the quay. I know of people who had specifically booked starboard expecting her to be stern in - they were mighty unhappy that she was bow in for their cruise. I think they lightened up after a couple of cocktails though.

I think it is nice to be bow in on the solstice as you then back right up to the bridge when leaving.

I was upgraded a week or two ago from BF to BA. I then booked my brother and his partner just a couple of days ago into a BF and they got their cabin assignment yesterday as BD.

I wouldn't mind a bump up into a mini suite though haha. Going to be a fun couple of nights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was upgraded a week or two ago from BF to BA. I then booked my brother and his partner just a couple of days ago into a BF and they got their cabin assignment yesterday as BD.

I wouldn't mind a bump up into a mini suite though haha. Going to be a fun couple of nights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck, hope you get your wish.:D

OMG UPGRADED!

From Obstructed Oceanview to a BC - Balcony on Aloha deck.

Princess, if you're reading this, thank you so much, what a wonderful birthday gift for my little boy. You've won our loyalty forever x

:D :D :D

Congrats, the upgrade fairy has spotted you. I hope you and your son have the most fantastic time :)

OMG UPGRADED!

Princess, if you're reading this, thank you so much, what a wonderful birthday gift for my little boy. You've won our loyalty forever x

Wonderful. What a treat:):)

OMG UPGRADED!

Happy dance time!!! That's such a good upgrade. You & your son will love it.

The fairy visited us as well. Booked a BD Balcony and have now been allocated a MB mini-suite. There won't be much time to lounge on the sofa but I'll fit it in somewhere. Thanks Princess.

cheers

STu

I know! Our first cruise, so I don't even have any status with Princess.

Maybe they took pity on me because their mini suites are now cheaper than what I paid for that obstructed view :) Anyway, I'm delighted.

ETA: just saw your post Stu, congrats!

Edited by clairebearinaus