Ala Carte items in MDR

JuneauMe

least we forget that regardless what NCL, "says" or "doesn't say," they can and do, according to their contract, change what the customer purchased to what they get at any time. So whatever they, "said" today or any day on their website doesn't mean they will not change terms and conditions prior to sail. That is a fact. It all boils down to acceptance of this fact or choosing a different cruise line. Trying to defend them for not, "saying" speciality dining staff is not included in DSC is really quite pointless and just gets the thread off track, which it seems you have a motive to accomplish.

I'm not defending anyone. All I asked was for verification of a claim that someone else made. If a link would have been provided, the discussion would be over, however all we have is endless debate and supposition. If people who don't have a link would also stop responding, the discussion would be long over. If you don't have what was requested, not responding is the best response.

You cant corner someone by asking for a simple link and then having to point out every time someone fails to provide one because they simply cant admit that one doesnt exist. Perhaps you are right...too many people trying to answer a question (when none was asked) instead of one person simply providing the link that was requested. Every time someone tries to jump in it just seems to drag out the conversation instead of simply ending the topic.

Thank you for bringing it up again...if it wasn't for you, this reply wouldn't be necessary.

So do a la carte items in the MDR have a service charge or don't they? You don't know? Do you have a link? If I call NCL I must automatically disbelieve them? What's your method? Should I call 3 times and see if I get two yesses? Best 3 out of 5? You simply can't answer the question? So why are you still posting in a thread called a la carte items in MDR? :rolleyes:

Ill be sailing on the Getaway on Jan 3 the first cruise when these changes are supposed to roll out fleetwide. I booked a year in advance and have the udp so it will be very interesting to see how all the changes play out. I am in the Haven so I wonder if there will be upcharges in the haven restaurant too? I dont know how the staff in any of the venues can keep up with all the changes and personally I am not nearly excited to go as I was because of all the changes. I paid a small fortune (at least to me) for the cruise thinking that most everything was taken care of and i dread the fact that i may have more unexpected charges i am not anticipating or that i have to explain why i shouldnt be upcharged. I already had to do that with booking the illuminarium on the first night for free...That promotion under which I booked only lasted a few months I think and I having been seeing mixed results from those who booked when i did. I plan on doing a review but it seems that you cant count on what happens to cruisers now as it may change yet again.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

A-men

I used to say if NCL announced a policy of hitting you over the head with a frying pan when you boarded the ship there would be many here praising what a brilliant idea it was :eek:

And we would be reminded if we had read the terms and conditions we would have known all about the hitting passengers over the head with a frying pan clause.

Do we know if these upcharge items will be available every day? In my limited and recent experience, lobster wasn't available frequently if at all. So if one could order it each night, I'd say that's an extra fee for a extra service. If they only have lobster one night, and it's for a fee, then I'd say it's not.

Going back to the question of whether the 18% is charged on these items, I just looked at a picture I took of the menu from a couple of days ago and I can't see any mention of the charge.

If I remember and I get chance I'll try to look tonight to see if it is hidden anywhere.

Like others I'm not going to spend the money or use up a dining credit to find anything out though, so chances are I won't be able to provide a full answer.

Going back to the question of whether the 18% is charged on these items, I just looked at a picture I took of the menu from a couple of days ago and I can't see any mention of the charge.

If I remember and I get chance I'll try to look tonight to see if it is hidden anywhere.

Like others I'm not going to spend the money or use up a dining credit to find anything out though, so chances are I won't be able to provide a full answer.

Thank you. Some folks have asked if they can use their UDP/SDP to purchase the upcharge items in the dining room, if you have time when checking on the 18%, could you ask if they could use it? Thank you and thank you for taking the time to let everyone know what is going on on the Escape; it is great to get a blow by blow experience.

Do we know if these upcharge items will be available every day? In my limited and recent experience, lobster wasn't available frequently if at all. So if one could order it each night, I'd say that's an extra fee for a extra service. If they only have lobster one night, and it's for a fee, then I'd say it's not.

That is a good question - Escape doesn't do a full regular run til next week and these extra fee items was on the short 1-3 day trip; then its doing a transatlantic. So who knows? Hopefully, it is every day for those that enjoy those type of meals.

That is a good question - Escape doesn't do a full regular run til next week and these extra fee items was on the short 1-3 day trip; then its doing a transatlantic. So who knows? Hopefully, it is every day for those that enjoy those type of meals.

The extra items were available on the first day of the TA (the same menu was used on the first night in Southampton and the first night of the TA).

I've not checked the MDR menus since, but hopefully will see whether they are there again today.

The extra items were available on the first day of the TA (the same menu was used on the first night in Southampton and the first night of the TA).

I've not checked the MDR menus since, but hopefully will see whether they are there again today.

Is the TV onboard account food menu not setup yet? I know on the Breakaway, the day's menu for the MDR plus the specialty and O'Sheehan's will be on there. Thanks for checking!

And we would be reminded if we had read the terms and conditions we would have known all about the hitting passengers over the head with a frying pan clause.

And, don't forget, there are millions of people in third-world countries who get whacked with a frying pan a lot more often than we do, so we should be grateful!!!

Actually, Cappuccino used to be free in the MDR as well as Lobster, now no more Prime Rib... what's next, I wonder? :rolleyes:

Use to be is the keyword. I swear any time somebody complains they always talk about what used to be no, I swear this is like the reminiscing forum lol.

Use to be is the keyword. I swear any time somebody complains they always talk about what used to be no, I swear this is like the reminiscing forum lol.

They're just stating a fact. No more, no less. They are just for reference. Stating a fact doesn't mean its a complaint. capiche?

IMHO Prime rib is much more important than pub food of pot pie and cheese sticks. The pub food type options come and go (similar to appetizers for lunch/dinner). That type of food isn't "special" to me and is easily replaceable (even though I would have preferred the pot pie to remain it's no biggie).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different food items matter to different people I guess, to some people the pot pie is more important than the prime ribs. I don't eat ribs or steak so it's not at all important to me.

Depends on what you define as "used to be". Quite often anymore "used to be" is used to be "LAST WEEK"..:rolleyes:

I just checked today's menu. It isn't uploading to Instagram at the moment, but it does mention the 18% charge.

Thinking about it though, the MDR menus always did because of the drinks.

I suspect it is charged though.

Is it the same 3 items - steak, lobster and prime rib?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

I've managed to get all but the desert bit posted in Instagram. keith_jenner

The last item is cutoff seems to be those 3 items and 18% seems to be for drinks only. Well, subject to change of course, lol. Guess that answers that question.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

I'm not defending anyone. All I asked was for verification of a claim that someone else made. If a link would have been provided, the discussion would be over, however all we have is endless debate and supposition. If people who don't have a link would also stop responding, the discussion would be long over. If you don't have what was requested, not responding is the best response.

Brilliant idea....why don't YOU research for the link why are you asking everyone else to find something you want to see