Oasis of the Seas Person overboard

marko711

That may be true, but this would have been a crash stop, and the result is that anyone not warned would be thrown to the deck, and all plates and glassware would be broken.

... and let me find out that they don't have a martini glass for me tomorrow for my Premium Liquor Package Grey Goose ... ! :mad:

If you go to Youtube, there is a news update that stated the Disney ship rescued him and he's alive and was waving to people as EMT's wheeled his stretcher off ship

That's from January of this year. Not the current man overboard off Oasis

http://abcnews.go.com/International/dramatic-cruise-ship-rescue-caught-video/story?id=28193620

Edited by AdrenalineRush

They don't stop until they perform either an Anderson or Williamson turn. It is ship procedure to return to the area the man overboard occurred.

Not sure where you get your info but I got mine from the 2nd officers on the bridge of the Oasis today. I took a tour that included the bridge. They told me all hands were on deck on the bridge within seconds after the Oscar alert. He, along with other officers, told me they stopped within one mile of the overboard.

If you go to Youtube, there is a news update that stated the Disney ship rescued him and he's alive and was waving to people as EMT's wheeled his stretcher off ship

To repeat what has been stated here several times previously, that was a separate incident earlier this year.

That was the guy back earlier this year. Not this incident. The guy in this incident is still missing at sea. No recovery yet.

OLD STORY from previous man overboard. The current man overboard was not found. Please check dates of stories/videos before posting.:confused:

If any of the people watching from their balconies threw their life vest out for him.

Oasis has no life vests in cabins. Since security was right there when he let go, I assume (but don't know for sure) they threw one over to him.

Where do you get your stupid information that there are no life vests in the cabins?

I get it from looking in my cabin right now. I'm on the Oasis as I type this.

Maybe before you insult people, you should get your facts straight.

Having just disembarked Anthem on Wednesday, I got my stupid information onboard - there are no life vests in the staterooms.

Only on Oasis and Quantum class ships. All the other ships still have them in the staterooms.

None of the ships require you to take that life vest to the Muster or Safety Drill, however.

Not to stray away from the original topic but there are no life vest inside the cabins on Allure? Where do they keep them? I would of thought all staterooms were required to have them in the event you needed them. Hopefully I will not need it but in the event I do were is it you get them?

Not to stray away from the original topic but there are no life vest inside the cabins on Allure? Where do they keep them? I would of thought all staterooms were required to have them in the event you needed them. Hopefully I will not need it but in the event I do were is it you get them?

They are sort of "all over" the ship, but especially at the muster stations. And lots of lockers of them out by the lifeboats.

This is very sad. This man was on vacation and now may not be coming home. I first heard of this story this evening upon returning home from work, I did go to YouTube and saw the video (wish I hadn't looked). Didn't expect to see it that clear.

You can hear him speaking to another man, saying "you the reason why I'm here!" The other man is heard clearly saying "I'm not leaving until your back on this ship! I believe the Oasis Team was trying to get to him.

A news article said he was 35 and Brazilian.?

I can't even begin to wrap my head around how others on the ship must be feeling. I was on this ship in August with 21 of my closest family members and a few good friends. We had such a wonderful time! IMHO the trip was flawless.

My thoughts and prayers are with this man and his family. While I don't know all the details as to what happen, the details are really not necessary, most important is a life is missing. Someone's child, brother, uncle and friend, or spouse?

The ship returns with one less passenger. :(:(:(

Pray for this man and his family.