Maybe changes in Pinnacle Grill dinner menu

Krazy Kruizers

Over the 14 days we ate at the Pinnacle 7 times.

I did not pre-book Pinnacle dates.

The first night was our assigned Explore4 free dinner.

We also did Le Cirque.

I asked the Pinnacle manager for dates for our 5 star Mariner dinners -- 2 per person. We booked the dates we wanted with him and he assured us that of the 5 dates we selected, 2 of the dates would be our free dinners. Never got them. I was still battling it out at the end of the cruise.

I mentioned this on our survey form.

KK, could you elaborate about why you did not receive your two free dinners?

Maybe it is better to book the "free" dinners individually rather than with others that are charged to the guest's account?

As a new 5 Star on the Prinsendam this December, I will be most displeased if I am not able to partake of one of my new benefits.

Love the Lobster choices and I do hope they will appear on the menu.

On my recently completed Statendam voyage, I enjoyed Ciopinno in the PG for the first time and recommend that for other seafood lovers. Debated as to a side and the Wait Person suggested Grilled Asparagus and that was a perfect side.

I really like a good Cioppinno. Happy to hear you enjoyed yours in Pinnacle. :)

I'm invited to dnner with friends at a favorite restaurant that serves a great Cioppinno and now I am sure that is what I will order.

I mean this most respectfully for all the folks who love shrimp cocktail.

Do you have a Costco near you? If so, go buy the bag of frozen shrimp, Kirkland Brand, size 21-25 to the pound. That (or another brand like it) is what you are being served in almost all restaurants including cruise ships. Nothing could be easier to prepare for yourself.

Toss the bag of frozen shrimp in the refrigerator overnight for it to defrost. Drain in a strainer/collander so the shrimp do not sit in the defrosted liquid and get soggy. Arrange lettuce in a pretty dish, serve with either purchased cocktail sauce or homemade (tons of very easy recipes available - takes less than 5 minutes to make), place a lemon wedge and enjoy your shrimp.

Have something you can't/won't make at home when dining in Pinnacle and serve your own shrimp at home. It amazes me when people go nuts for shrimp cocktail as though it's some kind of treasure. :confused:

But I enjoy not having to buy a big bag of frozen shrimp, defrosting it and plating it when I can just sit back an order it when I am on a ship! :D

My DH doesn't care for it so it's a lot of shrimp to eat on my own at home. ;)

Edited by Boytjie

The crowding may have been caused by the number of included Pinnacle dinners on the E4 package. On our recent Oosterdam cruise, the reservation choices were quite slim. I went to the Pinnacle right as we boarded and we couldn't get one until the fifth night of our 7-night cruise.

Cheers!

That is quite interesting that you visited the restaurant immediately after boarding and the reservation openings were so sparse. Wonder why since you cannot reserve prior to boarding - did you board late? It seems like, even with a restaurant promo being offered and used, that it wouldn't take until night 5 of 7 to get a reservation. I'm asking because we plan to visit Pinnacle a few times on our next cruise.

Edited by joepeka

That is quite interesting that you visited the restaurant immediately after boarding and the reservation openings were so sparse. Wonder why since you cannot reserve prior to boarding - did you board late? It seems like, even with a restaurant promo being offered and used, that it wouldn't take until night 5 of 7 to get a reservation. I'm asking because we plan to visit Pinnacle a few times on our next cruise.

You can book the PG dinners online prior to your cruise that you are paying for. I think the problem is the "assigned" free PG dinner reservations.

That last bit is meant "most respectfully"? :eek: We must have different definitions of those words... :confused:

Yes, heaven forbid that anyone disagrees with someone on this board :rolleyes:. One is not allowed to have an opinion apparently. Ugggggg.

Do you have a Costco near you? If so, go buy the bag of frozen shrimp, Kirkland Brand, size 21-25 to the pound. That (or another brand like it) is what you are being served in almost all restaurants including cruise ships. Nothing could be easier to prepare for yourself.

Toss the bag of frozen shrimp in the refrigerator overnight for it to defrost. Drain in a strainer/collander so the shrimp do not sit in the defrosted liquid and get soggy. Arrange lettuce in a pretty dish, serve with either purchased cocktail sauce or homemade (tons of very easy recipes available - takes less than 5 minutes to make), place a lemon wedge and enjoy your shrimp.

Have something you can't/won't make at home when dining in Pinnacle and serve your own shrimp at home. It amazes me when people go nuts for shrimp cocktail as though it's some kind of treasure. :confused:

Yeah, it's kinda like the dive in and the way folks go insane over the burgers. They are not very good but people rave about them. Different strokes.

But I enjoy not having to buy a big bag of frozen shrimp, defrosting it and plating it when I can just sit back an order it when I am on a ship! :D

My DH doesn't care for it so it's a lot of shrimp to eat on my own at home. ;)

This couldn't be easier..... :D

Only defrost the amount you wish to eat and return the rest of the bag to the freezer to enjoy another day. ;) :cool:

Yes, heaven forbid that anyone disagrees with someone on this board :rolleyes:. One is not allowed to have an opinion apparently. Ugggggg.

There are some who wouldn't agree if someone said the sky is blue. :D

Whatever!!! I take it as their hobby. :)

Edited by sail7seas

You look like you are really about to thoroughly enjoy! You know what the best thing about this is? (perhaps women would understand this more, but my DH would agree...) - someone else made it for you:D That, to me, is the priceless part of being on a cruise and being catered to in ever aspect.:)

I agree about someone cooking for me. I am a very capable cook, and yet there is something special about food that is prepared by someone else, for me. My DH isn't comfortable in the kitchen. I still appreciate him making the effort to cook for me. My not having to cook improves the meal :D

As for going to Costco and buying shrimp? Much that is served onboard is available at Costco. Pasta is very simple to prepare, and people still order it onboard. Fruit plates, cheese plates -- simple to prepare. Still, people order those onboard. We like Eggs Benedict. I make them at home. And we also order them onboard. Salmon is very simple to prepare. Yet many people order salmon onboard. Why not buy pasta, fruit, salmon, cheese at Costco?

My skin is about as thick as it comes, so no worries about offending me. My wife doesn't eat shrimp, so we just don't buy it. I consider it a treat when I have them and have always loved the jumbo shrimp in the Pinnacle. I smile because I enjoy them and always look forward to them on my cruise.

I enjoy cooking and I've been told I'm a good cook. Love to try new recipes. I would/could attempt to make much of what we are served on the ship. Having said that, there's nothing I enjoy more than having all my meals prepared for me for 2 or 3 weeks.

I always have the jumbo shrimp cocktail when it's on the menu...and, yes, I have prepared it at home, too. Very easy. But it's much more enjoyable on the ship.

<snip>

As for going to Costco and buying shrimp? Much that is served onboard is available at Costco. Pasta is very simple to prepare, and people still order it onboard. Fruit plates, cheese plates -- simple to prepare. Still, people order those onboard. We like Eggs Benedict. I make them at home. And we also order them onboard. Salmon is very simple to prepare. Yet many people order salmon onboard. Why not buy pasta, fruit, salmon, cheese at Costco?

Defrosting a bag of frozen shrimp, (or a part of it), putting it on a plate and opening a jar of cocktail sauce is quite different than the other dishes you list.

NO comparison.

No cooking required .... ;) No need to be any kind of cook either good or not so good. :D

Edited by sail7seas

This couldn't be easier..... :D

Only defrost the amount you wish to eat and return the rest of the bag to the freezer to enjoy another day. ;) :cool:

Still not as easy as ordering it on a ship, sitting back, sipping wine and enjoying a fine conversation with table mates on after a day at sea - or port ;)

Forgeddabout it.......

No good deed goes unpunished.

Eat your shrimp to your heart's delight and enjoy.

Do Not ever, not ever, consider buying a single shrimp to bring into your home. :eek:

What a ridiculous concept. :D

DH and I must have been the odd ones as many a time I prepared a large plate of shrimp, added a bowl of cocktail sauce and we'd enjoy them with a glass of wine, some laughter and fun, watched a movie or a ball game on TV and enjoyed the shrimp and each other. Please don't ever do such a thing. Bad idea. :D

Edited by sail7seas