complaints

george35

I am so tired of reading about

1. bad service

2.service

3. food

4. all the little things that irk them

I would like to know how to EM Adam Goldstien & tell him how a SATISFIED custormer feel about RCL

george35

I am happy with RCI.

But, love reading about a vast variety of topics.

Chair hogs, shorts in MDR, smoking, drinking, no chocolate, (meow) CATS.

Enjoy

Sea Ya

1. bad service

2.service

3. food

I would like to know how to EM Adam Goldstien & tell him how a SATISFIED custormer feel about RCL

george35

Good idea George. Your email will probably be extremely appreciated after all the negativity they get bombarded by.

There's something about these boards that brings out the worst in people. After a number of very heated threads on another board recently, someone started a "positive" thread. I lasted about three pages before someone posted a totally unnecessary, negative criticism of one of the other posts. It seems that some simply can't refrain. If someone says that they just returned from a cruise and enjoyed their dinners in the MDR, someone is bound to come on and say that the food stinks and that the poster wouldn't know the difference between fast food and a gourmet dinner. I'm with the OP, it does get pretty discouraging. Fortunately, there are enough positive posters out there to keep me reading.

Edited by Fouremco

From reading these boards, one has to wonder if anyone ever has a great cruise. However, I know differently. We all have opinions and are entitled to them. I find it interesting to read how others deal with a specific situation. What angers one doesn't even matter to another. I've always said that if one travels, then one has to be prepared to go with the flow and not take it too seriously. In my mind, I don't think there is ever a bad vacation especially if I'm cruising.

I value the negative posts so that I can anticipate things that might bother me (such as noisy cabin locations), and also let go of things out of my control.

After a while you get a feel for legit trends in complaints, versus someone who is just off on a tear because one too many things went wrong for them.

1. bad service

2.service

3. food

george35

Welp... Its easy to stop the complaints before they start. Can't really blame the person receiving the bad service for then proceeding to complain about it.

I'm down with this thread. RRCL has delivered the goods for us. We done 4 cruises and have two more booked.... and comtemplating booking a 3 rd w/ a large segment of family.

Having said this, it's cool that people express their thoughts. Sharp businesses will always rise to the customer's satisfaction whenever it's possible & fiscally responsible. So feedback is a necessary evil to those that love the product.

Nice thread.

I can't recall a land or cruise vacation that would ever warrant complaint along these lines! Oh yes, things have happened, but overall, in 30+ years of traveling, we've never had that horrible vacation of which people speak.

1. bad service

2.service

3. food

george35[/

I am so tired of reading about people like you who really thinks Goldstein cares what you feel are think.:DThat being said other people have a right to their opinion also.This is Cruise critic agree or not who really cares.Have a great next cruise.:):)

Edited by caribbean sailor

1. bad service

2.service

3. food

george35

Why does it bother you that people have a different opinion on a particular experience than yours? This is a forum for discussion. We will not all agree on everything. Do some people dramatize a particular experience in a negative way? Yes. Learn to ignore it and go on. We just got of the Oasis of the Seas Saturday. We will be writing our review in the next few days. Mostly positive but not all. No cruise line is perfect including RCCL.

Cruising is like a drug. Your first cruise is the best vacation ever. However, you always want more and you always want to top the last.

Many of the people on this board are long time cruisers that are chasing the high they got years ago. So they complain when that does not happen.

I have been a long time lurker and find some of the complaints entertaining but they do not stop me from taking another cruise. I look at complaints like this: If cruising has gotten so bad why do we keep doing it.

There is always room to improve. I say keep the complaints coming to help pave the way for improvement or last least for my entertainment. :D

Cruising is like a drug. Your first cruise is the best vacation ever. However, you always want more and you always want to top the last.

Many of the people on this board are long time cruisers that are chasing the high they got years ago. So they complain when that does not happen.

I have been a long time lurker and find some of the complaints entertaining but they do not stop me from taking another cruise. I look at complaints like this: If cruising has gotten so bad why do we keep doing it.

There is always room to improve. I say keep the complaints coming to help pave the way for improvement or last least for my entertainment. :D

I agree 100%. And while I think there are legitimate complaints, such as the technological incapability of Royal or the lack of organization with planning shows and things changing, I think that a lot of the service and food aspects are petty. Both of course are also opinion based and point-in-time based, meaning someone else on your exact same cruise sitting two tables over may have a totally different experience.

I usually travel in a large group with family and friends and we've been doing so for a decade now. They also compare things to the previous cruise or that first cruise. Next year, most of them will be trying Norwegian for the first time and I am dreading the entire cruise being compared to NCL.

I agree with you...each cruise is different in their own way. Move on and book another or stop cruising.

1. bad service

2.service

3. food

george35

It is easy to do. I have done it several times and especially to make him aware of some really outstanding RCI employees.

I am happy with RCI.

But, love reading about a vast variety of topics.

Chair hogs, shorts in MDR, smoking, drinking, no chocolate, (meow) CATS.

Enjoy

Sea Ya

You've exposed me, I can't pass up a good chair hog thread, and I may start another one after my next Oasis cruise, but i'll put the little black bars across their faces to protect the guilty. (I think someone recognized themselves in my (in)famous chair hog thread of 2011 and got it pulled. (I still have all the photos)

But to the OP's point, I can spend a week on any ship and have a great time, but can find something that didn't go well and share it here.

There's something about these boards that brings out the worst in people. .

Or at least the worst in some people ;) I am reminded of a phrase I first heard back in 1980 - "The vocal minority"

While I have been online and participating in forums since around 1980, this forum seems to have spawned a new hobby for some people. They read all the threads even if they aren't interested in the subject looking for typos, incorrect facts, things already discussed, or reasons to say they don't care about the subject.