New Suite Benefits - Sky Suites get Michael's Club Access

need2bespoiled

So, let me get this straight. I paid $2000 more for a CS than what the S2 was going for on my sailing. Fine, I was getting MC access. Now those who booked S1/S2 will get what I'm getting (Michael's) without ponying up that $2 grand?

On new bookings beginning Nov. 16, people booking any suite will get all perks included. Beginning Dec. 15 sky suites will get into MC without having to fork over anything extra. Have I got it right?

How about offering something for CS class? I would welcome a beverage upgrade to premium. Obviously RS and up already get all perks. We CS dwellers are being completely passed over.:(

Lets see what the fares look like once the 4 perks kick in, unless the price changes yesterday have already taken that into account so as not to look even worse once the 4 perks come about.

Also, a CS has a separate sleeping room, ideal for families with kids, or parties of 4 to each have a bit of privacy, there's a lot to be said for that so far as value. Also proper dining table (on cabin on M class, on veranda on S class)

There's time for most people affected by the change to cancel and rebook a sky suite if they choose, only folks on sailings from February forward (roughly) have this issue. And the issue seems to be more "hey why can't I have that they have"

So now the difference between Sky and CS is square footage and the extra separate room. If those things aren;t important than a sky suite is probably better suited.

As well, scarcity comes into play, only 8 or 12 Celebrity suites (m vs s), while there are 30-80 sky suites. Supply and demand factor in as well, Celebrity suites being the left overs for when PH and RS have already filled up. They have a unique place still.

Lets see what the fares look like once the 4 perks kick in, unless the price changes yesterday have already taken that into account so as not to look even worse once the 4 perks come about.

Also, a CS has a separate sleeping room, ideal for families with kids, or parties of 4 to each have a bit of privacy, there's a lot to be said for that so far as value. Also proper dining table (on cabin on M class, on veranda on S class)

There's time for most people affected by the change to cancel and rebook a sky suite if they choose, only folks on sailings from February forward (roughly) have this issue. And the issue seems to be more "hey why can't I have that they have"

So now the difference between Sky and CS is square footage and the extra separate room. If those things aren;t important than a sky suite is probably better suited.

As well, scarcity comes into play, only 8 or 12 Celebrity suites (m vs s), while there are 30-80 sky suites. Supply and demand factor in as well, Celebrity suites being the left overs for when PH and RS have already filled up. They have a unique place still.

Except of course, for a few things:

1. You booked a CS to get MC access, and since, rates in all cabins have gone up, so now the SS is more, or the same as you spent on a CS

2. Many sailings, especially on more popular sailings, and more popular times, most or all (desirable) suties are sold out, and if not sold out, generally the most desirable locations are gone.

Of course this will all shake out over time but any transition and time will cause some "growing" pains.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

It's only a trifecta on Sea days when Luminae is open for lunch and it's only a trifecta during more limited hours than other lines. On port days its the "daily double" plus no L breakfast before 7:30am makes it difficult to use before a morning tour, yet being closed for lunch means L should be able to be open longer for breakfast. So in port with a morning tour I get L one meal. L lunch is open for JUST ONE HOUR on embarkation day, I watched them turning away people at 1:15pm.

Have you not noticed NCL? Haven suite dining open 3 meals every day and for 1 to 2 hours more than L. Open early at 6:30am on port days. I can easily eat 3 meals in the Haven every single day of my cruise. The butler can get room service from the Haven for suite guests and is top notch Haven food, the X suite room service does not come from L (that I have seen) and food is not as good as Ocean View Cafe :(

Luminea's menus offer better food than NCL and just as high of service, but if it is not open then I cannot eat the suite food.

Maybe Luminea should have the name changed to Mirage.

Starting next month, all Suite Class guests will begin to enjoy even more indulgent services and amenities. At the center of these is a “trifecta of suiteness” found on no other premium cruise line: personal butler service that ensures guests never have to lift a finger; an exclusive restaurant, Luminae, which serves up delicious meals only for suite guests; and a private lounge featuring a dedicated concierge.

Other new Suite Class perks include luxurious new Bulgari bath amenities to pamper guests from head to toe and a new, mouthwatering selection of Delectable Delights – created by Celebrity’s Michelin-starred chef Cornelius Gallagher – delivered daily. Plus, select suites now will receive a bottle of Perrier-Jouët champagne on embarkation day. These benefits will begin in January 2016.

And, Sky Suite guests will soon “join the club” – Michael’s Club, that is. Beginning on Dec. 16, 2015 onboard Celebrity Solstice, Sky Suites will join the rest of Suite Class with access to Michael’s Club, the exclusive lounge that offers complimentary cocktails, appetizers, and a dedicated Michael’s Club Concierge. The Suite Class experience in Michael’s Club is enhanced by outstanding service from a dedicated Michael’s Club Concierge. Recently, the first of Celebrity's dedicated Michael's Club Concierges has earned the Golden Key award from the prestigious Les Clefs d’Or Austria—the distinguished, international network of service professionals. Every Michael’s Club Concierge in Celebrity’s fleet will work toward earning their Golden Key awards throughout 2016.

Edited by floatplan
typos

It looks like they added complimentary laundry as well as the champagne for the signature and RS. Now that is a sweet perk!

Beginning January 2016:

•Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouët

•Complimentary laundry service

•Daily Delectables rotation of savory and sweet snacks

Where did you find this, please? I cannot see laundry mentioned on any of the links I have tried.

Is my reading comprehension bad, or did I read on Celebrity Cruise's post that the Sky Suite to MC is only on Solstice? Nowhere did I read on that post that all ships will have this perk starting Dec17.

Edited by kitty9

Is my reading comprehension bad, or did I read on Celebrity Cruise's post that the Sky Suite to MC is only on Solstice? Nowhere did I read on that post that all ships will have this perk starting Dec17.

Solstice likely gets the first access, but it rolls out to all ships (excl expedition).

I would think the majority of suite cruisers aren't all about the freebies and having to go all the way to Michaels to get a free beer or cocktail every time they want a drink. Sure some may, but the majority would enjoy the convenience of getting their drinks wherever they may be, and even pay for them as they go when they may not have a drink s package rather than run down to Michael's.

I think the majority pop in to socialize, and if they want to leave with drink in hand they don, but not a lot are really going in there to raid the free drinks in the refrigerators.

Wish this were the case, on our last cruise there were 4x apparently very well healed couples who always came into Michaels club for pre dinner drinks and always left with very large wine glasses to take to dinner. I think that unlike us( who had premium packages anyway) many had already realised that with Michaels a drinks package was not necessary. I think that X have just made Micheals club and the concierge item a 'Non perk' and I shall certainly price up my suite options without factoring it in in future as I am pretty sure that most of its qualities will have been lost. I do not begrudge the sky suite passengers access to the benefit we enjoyed so much in the past however they will not actually get that. What the perk will be now, will be access to a private pre dinner crush bar where you will need 30 minutes to get served and an alternative reception desk for concierge services. It will also be too full and too understaffed to provide priority disembarkation services so that will also have to be ditched as well. if they are to make this change they need to turn a larger space into the suite lounge with more concierges and more bar staff.

Really thought that Celebrity had really got themselves some clear blue water between themselves and their main competitors with their suite class offer. They have just lost it again. Havent yet decided whether to cancel my 2x July16 CS bookings but at the price we paid back last January they are now looking pretty expensive against S1 And 2s if Micheals services are effectively removed from the equation.

Having read the update, the Perrier Jouet will meAn we will probably stop finding a "nice" bottle of champagne at duty free. Won't be as good as our preference of Laurant Perrier Rose but we can put up with that. It us a big improvement.

Hi Gordon,

They wil probably change it for you if they have it on board,

I think they do as I recall having a bottle on the Eclipse a few years ago

That may be so in the US but in the UK we have to blow the deposit as well as perks if we rebook.

I too have booked a Celebrity Suite (our first ever) on a 15 night Panama Canal in 2017. Booked it December of 2014 and suites have been sold out for over 6 months now. Yes I could have saved a ton of $ by booking a Sky suite but we wanted Michael's access and thought it worth the higher price.

I guessing the service will now not be what is was but I'll reserve judgement till there are reports back after the change.

I will be demanding my two free specialty restaurant dinners IF that perk is gone. They were there when I booked and I paid for them.

it does appear that the one/two free specialty dinners are now gone as a perk. For the S2 we booked over a year ago for Sept 2016 it is no longer listed ... too bad as we were looking forward to SS United States and then Tuscan once that change happened....

So, let me get this straight. I paid $2000 more for a CS than what the S2 was going for on my sailing. Fine, I was getting MC access. Now those who booked S1/S2 will get what I'm getting (Michael's) without ponying up that $2 grand?

In addition, after Nov. 16 people booking any suite category will get all 4 perks currently offered at the "Best" level? Including PREMIUM beverages?

Hmmmmm. Let's review .... I paid for access to MC, which was bundled into my CS fare. Every other advantage (butler, Luminae) is the same as sky suite guests. I have a CLASSIC bev pkg. that's included, but plan to upgrade to a premium beverage package - at additional cost - when I board.

On new bookings beginning Nov. 16, people booking any suite will get all perks included. Beginning Dec. 15 sky suites will get into MC without having to fork over anything extra. Have I got it right?

How about offering something for CS class? I would welcome a beverage upgrade to premium. Obviously RS and up already get all perks. We CS dwellers are being completely passed over.:(

The revolution always takes a toll on someone. I would be upset, too.

Please see this flyer:

This should change the discussion off of dress codes for a bit.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/15047556_CEL_Suite_Class_Promo_Flyer.pdf

The above link was posted by a friend who is a TA based in the UK.

In addition to Sky Suites getting Michael's Club access, "Signature Suites" which presumably include upper level suites include:

- Two bottles of wine or spirits (your choice)

- A bottle of Perrier Jouet champagne

The other listed items do not seem to be new, except it looks like Bulgari is back.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I hope Bulgari is back...

I hope they don't take away the complimentary specialty restaurant reservations from CS. We paid a premium to have access to MC and the other perks that were offered for CS & above. Had i known they would once again rip me off with not providing what they promised i would have booked a SS instead. The extra space was appreciated but we booked the CS for the perks that were offered not the space. We would have been happy with a SS with the perks for less money.

Though MC was underutilized on our just finished cruise it was a great perk for us. What wasn't underutilized was the services of the concierge and i can't imagine what it will be like with so many more people using that person's services.

Though we will likely keep our next cruise on Celebrity because we have other plans arranged around that time, it is likely our last one with Celebrity. We will go back to the luxury line we cruised before or another one where the product actually justifies the price.

I hope they don't take away the complimentary specialty restaurant reservations from CS. We paid a premium to have access to MC and the other perks that were offered for CS & above. Had i known they would once again rip me off with not providing what they promised i would have booked a SS instead. The extra space was appreciated but we booked the CS for the perks that were offered not the space. We would have been happy with a SS with the perks for less money.

Though MC was underutilized on our just finished cruise it was a great perk for us. What wasn't underutilized was the services of the concierge and i can't imagine what it will be like with so many more people using that person's services.

Though we will likely keep our next cruise on Celebrity because we have other plans arranged around that time, it is likely our last one with Celebrity. We will go back to the luxury line we cruised before or another one where the product actually justifies the price.

They have't removed any perks. There are still going to be two specialty restaurants, if you under utilized the concierge, what difference will more people make? If MC wasn't crowded, what then more people will be fine. What have they ripped you off for? They've taken away nothing, just missed listing something in ONE place.

Not everything on the website is correct, for example, this still says that Sky Suites are excluded from MC: https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/learn/accommodation/suite-class

It will all be sorted out, until then, shoot first, aim later.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Gordon,

They wil probably change it for you if they have it on board,

I think they do as I recall having a bottle on the Eclipse a few years ago

Thanks Steve. I haven't seen the LP on any of the wine lists over that past few years.

Have you managed to get a cabin yet for February? At here us still nothing in any of the suites nor in Aqua. I had been watching the suites to see if I could jump to CS to get into Michael's but I don't need to worry now. I can stay in my S1 and get in there.

A few general thoughts:

- I'm surprised by all the people saying that there's no reason to book the upper suites now. People were booking them before the whole suite concept started purely for the nicer/larger rooms. People will continue to book them for the nicer/larger rooms.

- Celebrity has invested a lot in the "suite" experience. Given that the first thing everyone here did was the math (3x as many people now in Michael's club), someone in Celebrity probably did the same math. I doubt they want to see that investment go down the drain with a bunch of pissed off suite guests with 30 minute long lines and concierges who don't give a damn. There may be some adjustment, but give them a chance. My guess is that they'll be dedicated to having solid service for everyone - I hear they manage it in the suite restaurant.

- There may be some overlap with the Sky Suites and VIPs/Zenith. So the increase may not be as drastic as believed. I have no doubt it will increase, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Sky Suites were already VIP or Zenith so they're double counted.

Personally this news is fantastic and I'm selfishly excited. We're booked in an aft corner Sky Suite on the Equinox TA in April for our honeymoon. I'm personally excited about the activities - even more than the free alcohol. Someone mentioned high tea, which I love. I see us stopping by for the free drinks and light bites when we have a few minutes. Or going to a scheduled activity and enjoying a drink or 2. We'll still buy drinks at other bars (my fiance loves his craft beer and will frequent gastropub and I love my fancy cocktails), but we can mix it up with Michaels Club to both offer variety and keep the costs down a little bit. (Weddings are expensive and every little bit of savings is nice...)

Hi Project Gal,

What exactly has been included in the Landry? Unlimited pressing and dry cleaning or just the laundry bags?

Thanks!

It just says "complimentary laundry". However, on our latest two cruises [in a PH], we have paid for not laundry/dry cleaning. We used our Elite+ vouchers for most but there was, in both cases, US$100 of laundry bills we were never charged for. I am sure at least one was dry cleaning and definitely included pressing.

That US$100 on one cruise did not include our butler taking my clothes after being soaked by a public bus going through a deep puddle in Petropavlovska. He insisted that he do this after asking why we had returned to the ship early.

Edited by Project_gal