New Suite Benefits - Sky Suites get Michael's Club Access

need2bespoiled

If Celebrity shortens the time for free drinks or removes them we will surely find out how many people were using it for the free drinks. Wanna bet?

As I have been corrected - Zeniths get the Premium Beverage package as well - there are currently only 6 suites on M-class ship and 8 on S-class ships who may be using Michael's Club for the free drinks. So, yes, I will take you bet. A free drink in Michael's Club for the winner?

Called the Captain's Club, and I gave up our $300 additional OBC from a previous perk for over $600 off the price of our Sky Suite. I'll take it!

I am interested in how Celebrity will make this work. I wonder if this type of promotion will end up sticking around, like an evergreen 123 go offer, with the intent to ease the strain on the Michael's Club bar by ensuring suite passengers can get their premium drinks covered at any bar.

As those in RS and higher have the premium beverage package, only those in CS, Zeniths and VIP may not have had any beverage package. Michael's Club is not used because of free drinks but because the ambiance and company were good.

Unfortunately RS and above is only 10 suites on an S class which would not make a lot of difference in the big scheme of things.

If they extended the premium drinks package to CS it might help a bit (and perhaps head off some of the sense of being hard done to that many CS passengers, particularly those that booked with non returnable deposits, are feeling) but as many people have said its not all about the drinks but more the opportunity to meet and converse with a smaller group of people in a quality private club setting. And is the X approach really going to be to provide the highest suites the opportunity to NOT use Michaels??? That would seem slightly bizarre.

If I could venture my suggestion to Celebrity, assuming that things do not work out as well as they and some others have hoped.

There is, on all the S class ships, the potential to fairly easily extend Michaels by reducing the size of, or relocating, the celebrity destinations desk area. This would enable Michaels to be sized appropriately for its purpose in the same way that the suites restaurant was built to deal with the full suite capacity.

Everyone can then experience Michaels as it was conceived and whilst there may still be a reduction in those wanting CS rather than SS, they could easily up the perks a bit on CS's to balance out the demand. Bit of building work/redecorating but not really a huge expense.

Job done???::)

Edited by scifimonkey

There is, on all the S class ships, the potential to fairly easily extend Michaels by reducing the size of, or relocating, the celebrity destinations desk area. This would enable Michaels to be sized appropriately for its purpose in the same way that the suites restaurant was built to deal with the full suite capacity.

Job done???::)

The future cruise department has already been moved on the Eclipse to use part of Quasar. There is some sort of crew access between the Future Cruise area and Michael's. It only seems to get used when the bar tender disappears for his meals.

So just to clarify for the S1 I have booked for a December 6 departure (14 days).

No Formal Nights (Cruise before gets this)

No Access to Michael's Club (Cruise after gets this)

Is that correct?

Yes this is correct. However you are still free to wear formal attire on Chic nights.

Yes this is correct. However you are still free to wear formal attire on Chic nights.

I suppose my objection is to the timing of these things. I could do without a formal night; but I would have liked to have known before I spent money on a new suit and the tailoring which makes the **** non-returnable. I also understand that access to Michael's was not a SS benefit when I booked the suite, but it's hard to understand why they would announce a new benefit which doesn't require any fundamental change to the ship, then exclude people from receiving the benefit. Again, it's not the end of the world, just leaves a sour taste in one's mouth - and that's before I have ever set foot on a Celebrity ship.

Do we have to rebook our SS categories to get the new benefits? Ones that were booked last year? Reprice and everything? Or we do not have access to MC?

X never seems to shy away from it's clients needing to rebook their existing booking.

Edited by hulamoon

I suppose my objection is to the timing of these things. I could do without a formal night; but I would have liked to have known before I spent money on a new suit and the tailoring which makes the **** non-returnable. I also understand that access to Michael's was not a SS benefit when I booked the suite, but it's hard to understand why they would announce a new benefit which doesn't require any fundamental change to the ship, then exclude people from receiving the benefit. Again, it's not the end of the world, just leaves a sour taste in one's mouth - and that's before I have ever set foot on a Celebrity ship.

I totally get it, it makes sense you're upset. It won't be easy, but pretend you didn't know (like that's possible) and you'll have a great cruise without the "what ifs". The good news is, they often implement parts of policies before they say so you may get lucky :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Do we have to rebook our SS categories to get the new benefits? Ones that were booked last year? Reprice and everything? Or we do not have access to MC?

X never seems to shy away from it's clients needing to rebook their existing booking.

MC access will just happen on the date it happens, just like the bulgar will come and the enhanced snacks will come. No action needed.

If you want the"all-in" BBB perks added, you will need to call and inquire since these require changes to your reservation, adding the perks to your account etc. It would mean repricing the reservation to today's selling price in order to get the perks added on.

You can still take and wear your new suit. I'm certain many people will still be in formalwear, I still plan on taking mine on cruises. The change of dress code is really nothing more than a change of the name. Jeans were always allowed in, ties were never required. So the relaxed part is just jackets are no longer required of men, but certainly many will still wear them, as well as sweaters, vests and nice shirts now.

As to why not to open the club, maybe they are still working on staffing etc. IN any case, it was not a proposed perk so no loss there. Some win, others lose, others get what they bought. A date needs established.

I don't expect a cruise line to only make changes with the full roll out of sailing schedules, It'd make for a pretty boring 364 other days of each year, and would affect their ability to compete in a fast changing market.

In my experience with celebrity, i would not be surprised if they start the roll out early. It seems in the past, new programs / perks etc would get implemented prior to the official start date. It wouldnt surprise me if they started to invite sky suites in sooner. Just like i have heard that the chic evenings have also started prior to the official start date. I do not work for celebrity, so do not take this as confirmation, its just what i have experienced in the past.

You can still take and wear your new suit. I'm certain many people will still be in formalwear, I still plan on taking mine on cruises. The change of dress code is really nothing more than a change of the name. Jeans were always allowed in, ties were never required. So the relaxed part is just jackets are no longer required of men, but certainly many will still wear them, as well as sweaters, vests and nice shirts now.

As to why not to open the club, maybe they are still working on staffing etc. IN any case, it was not a proposed perk so no loss there. Some win, others lose, others get what they bought. A date needs established.

I don't expect a cruise line to only make changes with the full roll out of sailing schedules, It'd make for a pretty boring 364 other days of each year, and would affect their ability to compete in a fast changing market.

As far as formal vs chic nights go, yes and no. I've seen many people comment that they will dress down more, no more tux, no more suits, no more long dresses, so it will dress down the evenings some.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

MC access will just happen on the date it happens, just like the bulgar will come and the enhanced snacks will come. No action needed.

If you want the"all-in" BBB perks added, you will need to call and inquire since these require changes to your reservation, adding the perks to your account etc. It would mean repricing the reservation to today's selling price in order to get the perks added on.

In our case (which I posted previously), our cruise fare stayed the same, but they added in the 4 now-free perks. The drop in overall price was due to removing the previous Go-Better pricing ($330 in our case).

When I asked if our existing reservation could be redone with the new promo, the Celebrity rep said she had to check with the "resolution manager", and later said it was ok to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I have been corrected - Zeniths get the Premium Beverage package as well - there are currently only 6 suites on M-class ship and 8 on S-class ships who may be using Michael's Club for the free drinks. So, yes, I will take you bet. A free drink in Michael's Club for the winner?

Let us hope we do not find out. The bet is that if Celebrity eliminates the free drinks or reduces the free drink hours to 5-7 that there we be a lot of negative posts about the change.

I assume this wouldn't apply to post-final payment situations?

Let us hope we do not find out. The bet is that if Celebrity eliminates the free drinks or reduces the free drink hours to 5-7 that there we be a lot of negative posts about the change.

I have a feeling that I saw something like this on a flyer a while ago which said that the drinks were complementary for a certain period - pre dinner I think. I discounted it at the time but it may just be what will happen.

It didn't bother me as we always have a premium drinks package anyway when we cruise.

I found where it was http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-bars-lounges-clubs

"Michael's Club

A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. This luxurious club features a large-screen TV, reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers, and books, plus a continental breakfast. Complimentary pre-dinner drinks and tapas are served 5–8 PM daily. Its dedicated Concierge can help arrange your specialty dining, shore excursions, even handle inquiries about various ports of call. Desk hours vary by itinerary. Michael’s Club is available 24 hours a day."

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

I assume this wouldn't apply to post-final payment situations?

This is correct. You can't reprice or rebook post final payment, EXCEPT to upgrade. If there is a cabin available, and it is at least $1 more you can re-price for upgrade, BUT this promo doesn't start for sailings until January I think.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

I have a feeling that I saw something like this on a flyer a while ago which said that the drinks were complementary for a certain period - pre dinner I think. I discounted it at the time but it may just be what will happen.

It didn't bother me as we always have a premium drinks package anyway when we cruise.

I found where it was http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-bars-lounges-clubs

"Michael's Club

A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. This luxurious club features a large-screen TV, reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers, and books, plus a continental breakfast. Complimentary pre-dinner drinks and tapas are served 5–8 PM daily. Its dedicated Concierge can help arrange your specialty dining, shore excursions, even handle inquiries about various ports of call. Desk hours vary by itinerary. Michael’s Club is available 24 hours a day."

The timing refers to the Tapas being served. Drinks are 24/7, though the wine liquor and beer get locked at around 11pm, but water and sodas and coffee remain self serve thru the night.

Did we confirm the 1 or 2 (depending on length of cruise) specialty restaurant gratis? I think it applies to both SS and CS (others get unlimited?). As someone posted, it is listed on the higher level suites, but no mention on SS & CS.

I just got off the phone and was told SS and CS would not be receiving the Complimentary Specialty Dining perk beginning the first of the year. Our benefit is Luminae. HOWEVER, when I asked about being grandfathered in for those who booked long ago, I'm told it's still being looked into since there have been many calls regarding the absence of the specialty dining perk. She asked for my phone no. to call me back when the decision is made. We'll see. I really don't care about access to MC, but I did like my specialty dining perk!

The future cruise department has already been moved on the Eclipse to use part of Quasar. There is some sort of crew access between the Future Cruise area and Michael's. It only seems to get used when the bar tender disappears for his meals.

Sorry I could not figure out how to do the multi quote on the IPad CC AP.

Celebrity has also moved the FCC office on the Silhouette to the same area.

I have the 123 all inclusive for my January 2017 cruise and I was surprised to find when I called that I could take advantage of the Best offer. Thanks to Curt's previous analysis I found the new offer was just slightly worse for me basically because two unlimited internet packages have no value over one unlimited package. I was actually surprised that the prevailing rate had not gone up.

It is better for us to pay for the premium upgrade and to upgrade one of our Elite Plus internet packages to unlimited once we board so we can use our OBC. If we were not Elite Plus we would have taken the offer. At least in our case Celebrity did not reduce the rate for a S1 when the 123 All Inclusive special expired.

We are so fortunate because all these Celebrity changes are becoming benefits for us. The Luminae was great for us on our just completed cruise and now we get to return to our beloved Michael's club and I could not care less as to whether the drinks are free for my next three cruises. Of course I can appreciate the concern about the potential of it being crowded. It was never crowded in all our cruises when it was open to everyone except when It was turned into a Perry performance location with rows of chairs. The Michael's Club experience was not the same on that cruise for sure. We prefer to enjoy cocktails elsewhere when we want trying to avoid the places accepting Elite drink coupons between 5-7 PM because those areas are crowded.

Since we prefer to wear a sport jacket instead of a Tux the Chic change is great for us as well. And we even like late departures from some ports, so it is like Celebrity is making all these changes for our lifestyle. Makes me glad that I always fill out surveys.

We are "Happy Celebrity Cruisers", but of course we have never been on a bad cruise on any cruise line.

At the same time I hope this change does not ruin the Michael Club experience for those of you that have enjoyed it recently because it sounds perfect. I have been lucky with all the Celebrity changes lately, so I will let you know in January.

I just got off the phone and was told SS and CS would not be receiving the Complimentary Specialty Dining perk beginning the first of the year. Our benefit is Luminae. HOWEVER, when I asked about being grandfathered in for those who booked long ago, I'm told it's still being looked into since there have been many calls regarding the absence of the specialty dining perk. She asked for my phone no. to call me back when the decision is made. We'll see. I really don't care about access to MC, but I did like my specialty dining perk!

Interesting. Thank you for the update. I really hope they do grandfather in the older reservations. I know most people say Luminae is great but I was looking forward to a night at Tuscan.

Just modified my previously booked March 2015 Caribbean cruise (already in a Celebrity suite), changing to this new suite promotion. Now I have the full Go-Best promo and saved $330 compared to my original reservation. In addition to the free unlimited internet for 2 and free gratuities for 2, they added 2 premium beverage packages and $150 OBC per person.

No complaints here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just did that today for a 14 night cruise in an S1 in Feb 2017. I had missed the 123 Go by 1 day when I booked (didn't realize that there was a change coming) so only had the free classic beverage package (Go Big). I transferred reservation to a TA (first time so was nervous), but received $760 OBC that just covered the gratuities and $300 OBC that I missed, so chalked it up to learning a lesson in paying attention.

It seemed too good to be true that I could switch to the Suites are Best promotion without increased cost, but I called the TA and she called Celebrity and for no extra charge I received all 4 perks, including upgrade to Premium Beverage Package. The estimated increased benefits are $1886 (if I did the math right), and with the added value of Michael's (and don't forget the Bulgari and Delectible Delights ;)), this cruise is looking sweeter! Thanks, Celebrity!

I just did that today for a 14 night cruise in an S1 in Feb 2017. I had missed the 123 Go by 1 day when I booked (didn't realize that there was a change coming) so only had the free classic beverage package (Go Big). I transferred reservation to a TA (first time so was nervous), but received $760 OBC that just covered the gratuities and $300 OBC that I missed, so chalked it up to learning a lesson in paying attention.

It seemed too good to be true that I could switch to the Suites are Best promotion without increased cost, but I called the TA and she called Celebrity and for no extra charge I received all 4 perks, including upgrade to Premium Beverage Package. The estimated increased benefits are $1886 (if I did the math right), and with the added value of Michael's (and don't forget the Bulgari and Delectible Delights ;)), this cruise is looking sweeter! Thanks, Celebrity!

Cha Ching!

We have a cruise that went from all inclusive 1,2,3 (classic package, no internet) in a CS, down $500 and go the above perks. Our other cruise in a CS went up $2 so not worth it and the third one we have booked is a repo so no option there :(

Nice job!

happy sailing,

Jenna

Interesting. Thank you for the update. I really hope they do grandfather in the older reservations. I know most people say Luminae is great but I was looking forward to a night at Tuscan.

Yes, so was I. Of course, we could always pay for the experience. Tuscan is the only specialty restaurant where I have not eaten.