New Suite Benefits - Sky Suites get Michael's Club Access

need2bespoiled

For those of who booked prior to the new promotion this WOULD affect us as we are in a CS and no package is included. I wouldn't like it but I wouldn't like more not having any idea until we sail whether it's true or not...

I tend to believe this is the "language" that X put out over a year ago when this perk first became a "perk" ..... but who knows!!!???

ditto.........somehow what I see missing now from many cruisers (and I am not surprised) is trust of the cruiseline

If they are indeed scaling back the free drinks in MC I assume they did not announce the change on purpose. While I don't support their silence and do think it's dishonest/misleading, this really only affects a very small percentage of their customers, which is probably why they are doing it this way.

Sky Suites never had MC access before, so a change in drink hours is of no concern to them. Anything above a Celebrity Suite gets free drinks anyway. So that leaves Celebrity Suites as the odd man out. How many of them already have premium beverage packages? 50%? 75%? I'm going to guess and say 50%, it could be more, could be less, I don't know. And there are 8 to 12 CSs per cruise. So 4-6 cabins or 8-12 passengers per sailing are being affected because they don't have a drink package. And how many of those pay enough attention to even notice anything changed? Less still. So were probably talking about 5-10 passengers out of 2100-2800 per cruise.

So if all day free drinks in MC are gone, then I'm sure Celebrity worked all this math out and made conscience decision to not specifically state the benefit was changing. They'd deal with the limited fallout from a handful of the CS guests and reap the benefits of the positive marketing to the rest of the potential customers.

It is only the RS and Ph suites and Zenith that have the premium beverage package (plus the other 2 Reflection only higher suites). I have a classic package which I would be upgrading anyway on all my CS and SS booked but anyone relying on Michael's as their source of free drinks may be disappointed. It is the second or third time I have seen this statement, which I ignored before knowing that drinks were available all day. We were on the Eclipse 5 weeks ago when I first saw it and Michael's was operating the way it always did.

It could be that whoever did he post on the other thread from Celebrity did it using what is on the web site in the bar and lounge section under Michael's not knowing that this isn't how it works in practice, or it could be another change from 1 January that no one knows about.

Our cruise on the Silhouette in April has the Go Best package included for Sky Suites. We had previously paid for it, but refared yesterday, saving a little more than $600 per cabin. This was done under the current promo. I don't know if it would have worked if we didn't already have Best booked, but we're happy regardless.

As I stated in the other thread, it's interesting. I've seen that written response before, with the same information, but onboard drinks are available on a much broader schedule.

Is this a change and official new information, or is it just the standard language from before? As Kevin has said, why don't they put on their adult pants and state a change is a change good or bad. Airlines do it all the time, spin or not, cruise lines are much smaller and less complex. Surely they can get this right/

I know CelebrityCruises won't answer this, but why do they clarify some threads, but not others? :rolleyes:

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Am with you 100%. Like you we are booked in a RS but not until June 2016. It has been pointed out that the description no longer points out breakfast in suite (That has to be a oops, then there is also no mention of in suite refrigerator has complementary water, soda and beer. Celebrity should have more respect for their clientele, by keeping us informed. Shame on them>

Victoria

It is only the RS and Ph suites and Zenith that have the premium beverage package (plus the other 2 Reflection only higher suites). I have a classic package which I would be upgrading anyway on all my CS and SS booked but anyone relying on Michael's as their source of free drinks may be disappointed. It is the second or third time I have seen this statement, which I ignored before knowing that drinks were available all day. We were on the Eclipse 5 weeks ago when I first saw it and Michael's was operating the way it always did.

It could be that whoever did he post on the other thread from Celebrity did it using what is on the web site in the bar and lounge section under Michael's not knowing that this isn't how it works in practice, or it could be another change from 1 January that no one knows about.

You are so right. When I was last on Summit this summer Michael's was not always manned, Some times a bartender was there but if you wanted a flavored drink she had to go to another bar to get it, which took about 5 minutes. The canapés were regular fare you get from a shopping club, like Sam's club or Cosco's and craft beers were none.. IMHO Lisa (Prez) should screw her head back on and re-think these changes. The staff was going nuts this past summer with all the changes, now I do feel it is going to be bedlam:eek:! I cruise for relaxation! Standing on line for food, drink and being packed in like cattle in "Chic" venues is not my idea of fun.

Victoria

Not all booked Suites will have the premium drink package. Only those that have booked with that promo, or who have had their reservation changed to include this promo.

There are probably quite a lot of passengers that have previously booked a cruise before this promo, and do not read Cruise Critic, and won't know about it.

My apologies if this was covered already, but I didn't go through all 17 pages. Seeing this thread, I contacted Celebrity.. as I booked a TransAtlantic for Oct. 2016 way back in May 2015. I asked about this offer since I'm in a Sky Suite, and they stated I would have access to Michael's, but none of the 3 offers including Drinks, Tips, nor Internet applied to the TransAtlantic or Repositioning cruises. Sad... :(

Am with you 100%. Like you we are booked in a RS but not until June 2016. It has been pointed out that the description no longer points out breakfast in suite (That has to be a oops, then there is also no mention of in suite refrigerator has complementary water, soda and beer. Celebrity should have more respect for their clientele, by keeping us informed. Shame on them>

Victoria

we too have a RS booked in July 2016 and was booked last month. Hope they do not take away the complementary water, soda and beer. We had this on our last cruise and really enjoyed it!

My apologies if this was covered already, but I didn't go through all 17 pages. Seeing this thread, I contacted Celebrity.. as I booked a TransAtlantic for Oct. 2016 way back in May 2015. I asked about this offer since I'm in a Sky Suite, and they stated I would have access to Michael's, but none of the 3 offers including Drinks, Tips, nor Internet applied to the TransAtlantic or Repositioning cruises. Sad... :(

We too have Transatlantics booked, along with subsequent cruise to follow.

The Transatlantics are excluded from this promo, but all other cruises would be included.

This shows that signature suite is now getting the daily stocked mini-bar.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/15047556_CEL_Suite_Class_Promo_Flyer.pdf

Which makes no sense if the other upper level suites don't get it.

This is PRIME example of why their website and communication is poor. Did they leave off specialty dining by mistake (apparently not a mistake, but i am still shaking my head at the misstep whether intentional or not)? Did the leave the complimentary restocked mini-bar off by mistake, or not (apparently a mistake, as it is included in the new promo).

Come on Celebrity, I know you have heard it before, but these are details. Details matter. You're supposed to know what we want, before we know it. Well here is a hint on what we know we want NOW, and that is accurate, timely information that is provided to both the customers (US) and the ships on a consistent and fair basis. It's just not that hard.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/15047556_CEL_Suite_Class_Promo_Flyer.pdf

This is PRIME example of why their website and communication is poor. Did they leave off specialty dining by mistake (apparently not a mistake, but i am still shaking my head at the misstep whether intentional or not)? Did the leave the complimentary restocked mini-bar off by mistake, or not (apparently a mistake, as it is included in the new promo).

Come on Celebrity, I know you have heard it before, but these are details. Details matter. You're supposed to know what we want, before we know it. Well here is a hint on what we know we want NOW, and that is accurate, timely information that is provided to both the customers (US) and the ships on a consistent and fair basis. It's just not that hard.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Agreed. And it is not hard for corporate to inform all ships on what the "change of the day" is as well. (There is this thing called email.)

This board is better than a soap opera bc of X!

I wonder if RCCL's voting board members look at CC and how many threads there are on X inconsistencies...past and present.

I do not go to RCCL board. Do these ships have the same policy changing issues and lack of accuracy and notification to customers...or is it just X?

:)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

My TA just called to make a change on my RS and RF suites for next fall, and the agent on the phone reiterated the perks, and did include the mini bar. They also said the RF suite gets the wines in the mini bar, but the royal only got beer water and sodas.

My TA just called to make a change on my RS and RF suites for next fall, and the agent on the phone reiterated the perks, and did include the mini bar. They also said the RF suite gets the wines in the mini bar, but the royal only got beer water and sodas.

Just another poorly communicated inconsistency. I know the RF is more than the PH, but not by much. Does the PH get wine? Most of the info on the suites includes them as the same.

Jenny, I don't follow the RCCL board, but did get a suite class mailer from them last week It was VERY clear on what was provided for each level of suite, and my experience sailing is that we got exactly what was listed, none of this operational and communication nonsense. Since there is a new head (CEO) of Celebrity Cruises my guess is this is a marketing / communication problem. Leadership shouldn't take much to fix it (in one way, or the other, though I think at this point, the other may be warranted).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Here is ANOTHER example, or a REALLY poorly communicated posted. Remember, this was posted TODAY, 11/19/15:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48323193&postcount=5

Celebrity currently offers complimentary room service 24 hours a day.

On all sailings beginning on or after 10/01/15, a late night room service fee will be added. Orders between 11 PM and 6 AM will be charged a $4.95 per room service fee.

For our Suite Class guests, the late-night room service charge is waived.

On this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2281861

How can they say "Celebrity currently offers complimentary room service 24 hours a day." when they don't (at least in all cabins)? :rolleyes:

Happy saiing,

Jenna

Here is ANOTHER example, or a REALLY poorly communicated posted. Remember, this was posted TODAY, 11/19/15:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48323193&postcount=5

On this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2281861

How can they say "Celebrity currently offers complimentary room service 24 hours a day." when they don't (at least in all cabins)? :rolleyes:

Happy saiing,

Jenna

That's easy, the room service is free!

The delivery service is not. :D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Actually, for some reason it is hard. We were on the Silhouette TA in MC when we heard from another couple about the Sky Suites gaining access to MC. Trying to get a little more information, we spoke to the manager of the FCC office who told me he had just found out the night before from a guest who he had an appointment with in MC. Also, an officer at Guest Relations who we were talking to was shocked to be learning the news from us. Sometimes I feel sorry for the people on the ships, nothing coming from Miami seems to be fair or consistent.

Edited by C-Dragons

Actually, for some reason it is hard. We were on the Silhouette TA in MC when we heard from another couple about the Sky Suites gaining access to MC. Trying to get a little more information, we spoke to the manager of the FCC office who told me he had just found out the night before from a guest who he had an appointment with in MC. Also, an officer at Guest Relations who we were talking to was shocked to be learning the news from us. Sometimes I feel sorry for the people on the ships.

The thing is, they all have email and / or telephone numbers.

Option 1:

A simple email from corporate office to the staff members impact:

TO: All Front Facing guest relations, butlers, concierges, captain's club, future cruise sales and officers

(these are mailing lists, which because of standardized emails like "concierge_rf@celebritycruises.com" are pretty easy to keep on a list.

Subject: NEW POLICY AND SUITE CLASS PROMOTION

Yada, yada, yada

Option 2: Send it out to higher level, and middle managers only and make them responsible to train staff and let them distribute at staff meetings or post in staff areas. Just as a recording can be sent to all cabins, crew can do the same for staff, who all have numbers, and if they don't have places where this information is posted and can be passed down.

Heavens forbid there is REAL important information they need to pass on to a group of people, they MUST have a way. Rumor is just a BAD way to pass on information.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We're one of the CS suites cruising Aug without any drink package. But my sister doesn't drink any alcohol and I only about twice a month so the 5:30-8 time if that's what it is now limited to (and I think that's the same wording they had months ago when we booked despite it being all day in practice) will be more than enough. I'm just hoping I can still take away bottled water during the day. I read they had San Pellegrino and I've now tried it and like it!

We booked CS mainly for the separate bedroom - good to be able to get away from each other during the week and still be in PJs in the cabin - and more space. I'm a little bummed MC won't be as exclusive and quiet. But this is our first cruise so we don't have any baseline to compare. I'm expecting we'll have wonderful service. Our TA said she'd make sure we still get the speciality dinner that was part of CS level when we booked.

She looked into rebooking us but we had booked with a prior promotion and with the price increase we'd end up paying $370 more just to get the additional benefit of the drinks package (after subtracting the paid gratuities amount from the increase). Not worth it.

We were booked on the last two cruises on the Century (and Celebrity made a HUGE hooplla about the last voyage with extra "Farewell to Century" OBC". The cruises were Singapore to Dubai and Dubai to Rome in March/April of this year.

By coincidence, we were on the Century in Alaska in August 2014 and discovered (on Cruise Critic!) that Celebrity changed their plans on selling the Century and were going to move it to a Chinese partnership instead of a European one . They changed the last cruise from Dubai-Rome to Dubai back to Singapore.

I went to the Future Sales office to see what was up and check out options. I was told flatly that I was wrong. Trusting CC more than Celebrity, I started researching options as we did not want to turn around and go back to Singapore. We got lucky and found an Azamara b2b cruise that tied into the dates so well that I didn't even have to change our flight to Singapore and only had to deal with changing our return from Rome to a return from Istanbul. When I went back the next day to make the new reservations, the FCC told me she had gotten an e-mail only an hour or so before I came back. She told me it was so frustrating for passengers to tell them things before the company did.

Nobody on the ship knew until about 3 days after it showed up on Cruise Critic. You would think that something that impacts crew that much would be sent out quickly.

We were booked on the last two cruises on the Century (and Celebrity made a HUGE hooplla about the last voyage with extra "Farewell to Century" OBC". The cruises were Singapore to Dubai and Dubai to Rome in March/April of this year.

By coincidence, we were on the Century in Alaska in August 2014 and discovered (on Cruise Critic!) that Celebrity changed their plans on selling the Century and were going to move it to a Chinese partnership instead of a European one . They changed the last cruise from Dubai-Rome to Dubai back to Singapore.

I went to the Future Sales office to see what was up and check out options. I was told flatly that I was wrong. Trusting CC more than Celebrity, I started researching options as we did not want to turn around and go back to Singapore. We got lucky and found an Azamara b2b cruise that tied into the dates so well that I didn't even have to change our flight to Singapore and only had to deal with changing our return from Rome to a return from Istanbul. When I went back the next day to make the new reservations, the FCC told me she had gotten an e-mail only an hour or so before I came back. She told me it was so frustrating for passengers to tell them things before the company did.

Nobody on the ship knew until about 3 days after it showed up on Cruise Critic. You would think that something that impacts crew that much would be sent out quickly.

Bob, the operative phase is, "you would think".

Celebrity THINKING is an oxymoron...

We're one of the CS suites cruising Aug without any drink package. But my sister doesn't drink any alcohol and I only about twice a month so the 5:30-8 time if that's what it is now limited to (and I think that's the same wording they had months ago when we booked despite it being all day in practice) will be more than enough. I'm just hoping I can still take away bottled water during the day. I read they had San Pellegrino and I've now tried it and like it!

We booked CS mainly for the separate bedroom - good to be able to get away from each other during the week and still be in PJs in the cabin - and more space. I'm a little bummed MC won't be as exclusive and quiet. But this is our first cruise so we don't have any baseline to compare. I'm expecting we'll have wonderful service. Our TA said she'd make sure we still get the speciality dinner that was part of CS level when we booked.

She looked into rebooking us but we had booked with a prior promotion and with the price increase we'd end up paying $370 more just to get the additional benefit of the drinks package (after subtracting the paid gratuities amount from the increase). Not worth it.

The $370 increase we would take. First, you get $150 in OBC to erase some of the difference (unless you are giving up a greater amount). It would give you and your sister a premium drink package which would allow both of you to order soda with dinner, or San Pelligrino, or whatever you want, at any bar on the ship and coffee at Cafe al Bacio and at a show, at the pool, etc). You also get unlimited free internet and if you don't have them gratuities. If the gratuities you have are from your TA, you could ask her to give you OBC instead of gratuities, and then you'd be way ahead.

Just a thought.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna,

Thanks so much for responding!

We had cruise + $300 OBC + unlimited internet, all from Celebrity.

Cruise is now $600 more in price and would just get drink package and gratuities added that we don't already have. As gratuities are $230 it would be $370 for just the drink package, if that math is correct.

We're both fine with tap water for lunch and dinner. Sis will probably be brewing her own iced tea in the cabin... she won't drink the stuff from the machines. Neither of us drinks coffee drinks or soda. As we get complimentary espresso/cappucino in the suite perhaps we could ask for bottled water to be subbed instead.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

Sis has been talking about bringing a glass container to make her tea in... said she doesn't actually need sun to make sun tea but doesn't think plastic will cut it... although I think she'll be experimenting with that... plastic would be a lot safer to transport. It always amazes me how many glasses of iced tea she can down in a meal if it's good tea. I can see her bringing her own pitcher to Luminae. :-)

When on vacation in the Caribbean I've been known to up my alcohol consumption and drink a rum drink most every day, but I don't need to have alcohol with my meals. I don't have an educated wine palate and prefer dessert wines, the sweeter the better, so a glass at MC after early dinner would be about perfect.