New Suite Benefits - Sky Suites get Michael's Club Access

need2bespoiled

I just got off the phone and was told SS and CS would not be receiving the Complimentary Specialty Dining perk beginning the first of the year. Our benefit is Luminae. HOWEVER, when I asked about being grandfathered in for those who booked long ago, I'm told it's still being looked into since there have been many calls regarding the absence of the specialty dining perk. She asked for my phone no. to call me back when the decision is made. We'll see. I really don't care about access to MC, but I did like my specialty dining perk!

WOW

i guess that is how they are paying for the Michaels Club access for Sky Suites !!!

Yes, so was I. Of course, we could always pay for the experience. Tuscan is the only specialty restaurant where I have not eaten.

Of course! We'd have the OBC to cover it. However, if Luminae is as good as it's supposed to be - and it sounds like it is - I'll probably save the OBC and spend it somewhere else. Have a great cruise!

Of course! We'd have the OBC to cover it. However, if Luminae is as good as it's supposed to be - and it sounds like it is - I'll probably save the OBC and spend it somewhere else. Have a great cruise!

Right! I forgot about the OBC. And I have a lot of it this time around. I'll post here when (and if) I get my call back with the answer.

I just got off the phone and was told SS and CS would not be receiving the Complimentary Specialty Dining perk beginning the first of the year. Our benefit is Luminae. HOWEVER, when I asked about being grandfathered in for those who booked long ago, I'm told it's still being looked into since there have been many calls regarding the absence of the specialty dining perk. She asked for my phone no. to call me back when the decision is made. We'll see. I really don't care about access to MC, but I did like my specialty dining perk!

I kept asking this question because Celebrity never came on and clarified something so simple.

So, big roll out, and sneak taking away a benefit. The constant deception is so annoying. If you are going to take something away, put on your big boy pants, and own up to it. Is this new culture under this CEO?

Posting while working, but I must have thought I posted when I didn't. Do we have to reprice our SS's to get the new benefits? I am little confused between the dinner change and the date the booking was made information and the MC benefits. X seems to never miss an opportunity to encourage rebooking reservation.

Thank you.

Posting while working, but I must have thought I posted when I didn't. Do we have to reprice our SS's to get the new benefits? I am little confused between the dinner change and the date the booking was made information and the MC benefits. X seems to never miss an opportunity to encourage rebooking reservation.

Thank you.

I was wondering that as well. I couldn't check the price this morning before I rebooked - it wouldn't let you see availability or pricing of any suites on the Celebrity website - it just gave a number to call. When I called the TA she initially said that she had had another request for this and the person had to pay $400 each to rebook with the new benefits (and that if there were no S1's left they wouldn't do it), but after talking to Celebrity she came back and said there was no charge. I had just checked a couple of days ago and the prices looked the same on ours and there were 3 S1's left.

It sounds like there could be a charge if the cost has gone up, but who knows if she was thinking of a different cruise line or promotion? It's certainly worth checking.

The timing refers to the Tapas being served. Drinks are 24/7, though the wine liquor and beer get locked at around 11pm, but water and sodas and coffee remain self serve thru the night.

I know that is what happens but the item does say both complementary drinks and tapas. Personally I have never seen tapas in the twice we have been in Michael's.

While we are in a S1 in Feb and we are getting Michael's that was not there when we booked, we are in a CS in March and we already had Michael's then, and we had the nights in speciality restaurant as part of the booking. I know that we get unlimited specialities in Oct. The same us the case got our bookings in October on a RS and Feb 2017 in a CS. When we booked we had both Luminae and the speciality restaurants and for this cruises we expect Celebrity to meet their obligations and not penny pinch.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

While we are in a S1 in Feb and we are getting Michael's that was not there when we booked, we are in a CS in March and we already had Michael's then, and we had the nights in speciality restaurant as part of the booking. I know that we get unlimited specialities in Oct. The same us the case got our bookings in October on a RS and Feb 2017 in a CS. When we booked we had both Luminae and the speciality restaurants and for this cruises we expect Celebrity to meet their obligations and not penny pinch.

You need to contact Celebrity and express your dissatisfaction with the way this is being handled.

I know that is what happens but the item does say both complementary drinks and tapas. Personally I have never seen tapas in the twice we have been in Michael's.

Last year - 2014 - they were displayed out on a table buffet style. My last couple trips, they were individual platters stacked and kept behind the bar and offered when requested.

It would subject to the cancellation penalty on the existing reservation. Have to do the math to determine if it makes sense or not.

Curt-

What do you hear about the 2 specialty dining dinners for SS & CS on longer cruises? Is it true they are gone? True gone for those who booked LONG before the new perks came out? Just wondering...

Curt-

What do you hear about the 2 specialty dining dinners for SS & CS on longer cruises? Is it true they are gone? True gone for those who booked LONG before the new perks came out? Just wondering...

So far no official word though it has been asked and we are awaiting.

Last year - 2014 - they were displayed out on a table buffet style. My last couple trips, they were individual platters stacked and kept behind the bar and offered when requested.

On the Eclipse TA this past April the bartender brought small plates to us when we arrived in the late afternoon....unless we told her not to bother.... some were good, some not....but fun none the less.:)

My opinoin of course means nothing but it seems to make no sense to take awy the specialty dining perk from Sky Suites, and especially Celebrity Suites. The food cost is no different than Luminae, which is supposed to have as good or better food than specialty dining, but yet it seems it would help with capacity control. The would be giving up a few dollars for those suite guests who may pay to dine, but in return for upsetting those that have booked expecting it. *shrug*. Seems to be better ways to make up the $$. Of course, if they were smart, they could say for any bookings beginning with the new itineraries (which are launching) but the pattern doesn't work well with Celebrity's rack record.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

My opinoin of course means nothing but it seems to make no sense to take awy the specialty dining perk from Sky Suites, and especially Celebrity Suites. The food cost is no different than Luminae, which is supposed to have as good or better food than specialty dining, but yet it seems it would help with capacity control. The would be giving up a few dollars for those suite guests who may pay to dine, but in return for upsetting those that have booked expecting it. *shrug*. Seems to be better ways to make up the $$. Of course, if they were smart, they could say for any bookings beginning with the new itineraries (which are launching) but the pattern doesn't work well with Celebrity's rack record.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Also, whenever a suite guests dines in a specialty restaurant for free, that's one less spot a non-suite guest that might pay. I wonder if they could do some sort of space available seating for specialty restaurants. Maybe make it a Celebrity Suite perk to sit between RS+ (unlimited speciality) and SS(No or limited specialty). If a space is still available 2 hours before the seating time, you can grab it at no charge. Might be hard to implement, though.

Also, whenever a suite guests dines in a specialty restaurant for free, that's one less spot a non-suite guest that might pay. I wonder if they could do some sort of space available seating for specialty restaurants. Maybe make it a Celebrity Suite perk to sit between RS+ (unlimited speciality) and SS(No or limited specialty). If a space is still available 2 hours before the seating time, you can grab it at no charge. Might be hard to implement, though.

In our experience, they are rarely at capacity in specialty dining.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The specialty restaurants are not usually full on port days, as they are always offering discounts to entice guests to book. Can't see why X needs to take away the free specialty dining perk for Celebrity Suites. What are they going to take away next?

FYI, I too was able to apply the Go Best package to my booking at no additional charge (upgraded from a free Go Better). They are refunding me the price I paid for the upgrade premium beverage package. IMO, this makes up for any loss of specialty restaurant in my Sky Suite. It's essentially a $400+ upgrade at no charge. Even if I pay full price for Tuscan I'm still ahead at least $310.

FYI, I too was able to apply the Go Best package to my booking at no additional charge (upgraded from a free Go Better). They are refunding me the price I paid for the upgrade premium beverage package. IMO, this makes up for any loss of specialty restaurant in my Sky Suite. It's essentially a $400+ upgrade at no charge. Even if I pay full price for Tuscan I'm still ahead at least $310.

Works great unless all suites are sold out on your cruise, as they are on many of the cruises, which is why some who are sailing in CS are upset.

Works great unless all suites are sold out on your cruise, as they are on many of the cruises, which is why some who are sailing in CS are upset.

Actually all the suites on my cruise are booked. I was able to "rebook" into the same room to get the free Go Best. The room rate remained the same and the Go Best was applied. I suspect you can do the same if you have a future suite booking. I recommend calling your TA or Celebrity.

Actually all the suites on my cruise are booked. I was able to "rebook" into the same room to get the free Go Best. The room rate remained the same and the Go Best was applied. I suspect you can do the same if you have a future suite booking. I recommend calling your TA or Celebrity.

Thanks, I do have a call into my CVP who is on vacation until tomorrow. We are booked under 123 and have some perks but not all. We've paid for the upgrade to premium, just want to see if we can get the unlimited internet. The price has not changed but we do have a small discount from a prior promotion. Since we are Elite + the unlimited internet is of limited value to us, just want to see what is available.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

According to celebrity, it would have cost me $3000 to change to the new promotion, obviously not worth it in my situation. We had decided to book two celebrity suites for our next cruise. I am upset at the lack of consideration for the celebrity suites, i am personally happy that the sky suites are now invited to Michaels since i have always thought they should have been, but annoyed at the idea that we are now getting sparkling wine, which we have always gotten, a bottle of water and canapés, which again have always been part of the experience and losing our two dinners for our European cruise. I will still enjoy our cruise, this will not diminish our experience, but it is unfortunate to have that feeling of losing something.

That is an innovative solution. Good thinking. Besides, they tend to dress well and make people nervous

According to celebrity, it would have cost me $3000 to change to the new promotion, obviously not worth it in my situation. We had decided to book two celebrity suites for our next cruise. I am upset at the lack of consideration for the celebrity suites, i am personally happy that the sky suites are now invited to Michaels since i have always thought they should have been, but annoyed at the idea that we are now getting sparkling wine, which we have always gotten, a bottle of water and canapés, which again have always been part of the experience and losing our two dinners for our European cruise. I will still enjoy our cruise, this will not diminish our experience, but it is unfortunate to have that feeling of losing something.

Call the Captain's Club and complain -- tell them you booked with the perk of the free dinner(s) and you expect to get them. I called and was told that my account was noted and that I would receive them. It is a matter of principal at this point.

This is only possible if the price you paid, is equal to the current / sold out price. If the price has gone up, you'd be paying the new / current price, as was the case for bonedoc7. If you re-book/change promotions, you're required to pay the current/prevailing rate.

Happy sailing,

Jenna