New Suite Benefits - Sky Suites get Michael's Club Access

need2bespoiled

Well, up until now we have been loyal Aqua passengers because of Blu but today my feeling is to book a Sky Suite for the extra benefits (especially Michael's Club) knowing we can also eat dinner in Blu when we want. Best of both worlds!

The price differential has been growing, and I'm sure that =X= will now try to get even more premium.

Just got to thinking... I doubt there will be any change on Holland America where the lower category suites are not provided access to the Neptune Lounge.

Along with Luminae, Michael's Club gives yet another incentive for people to choose Celebrity if they decide to move up from balcony rooms to suites. And HAL's suite fares are plenty high, even for the their Signature Suite (entry level).

This article on Crusie Critic indicates SkySuites gain access beginning with the December 16th sailing of Solstice.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6655&UTM_Source=Social&UTM_Medium=Facebook&UTM_Campaign=News&UTM_Content=Celebrity&UTM_Term=Celebrity

I'd read this to mean that for the rest of the ships, it will begin on the 1st crusie that embarks beginning December 16 or forward.

Bulgari will be back starting in January.

It's on the Celebrity web site now which makes it difficult (although not impossible) fog them to change their minds.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/whats-new?event_date=2015-11-13&sequence_code=a&pageNumber=

Similar, but a bit more upscale in hour opinion, but that was on Enchantment for a short cruise. There are not hot horse d'houvres out, they only serve small bite plates and drinks have been available 24/7.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

That because the horse got there first, must have eaten the hot ones!

Please see this flyer:

This should change the discussion off of dress codes for a bit.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/15047556_CEL_Suite_Class_Promo_Flyer.pdf

The above link was posted by a friend who is a TA based in the UK.

In addition to Sky Suites getting Michael's Club access, "Signature Suites" which presumably include upper level suites include:

- Two bottles of wine or spirits (your choice)

- A bottle of Perrier Jouet champagne

The other listed items do not seem to be new, except it looks like Bulgari is back.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks Jenna for the news. Being Friday the 13th it should be bad news, but Michael's does need for friends.

Did the sky suites previously include one speciality restaurant? Booked for March and for some reason I thought that was a perk, because i was trying to figure out how to book on-line in advance. The new website does not show this.

You can try and call and book in advance, but easy enough to just have your butler or the Michael's Club Concierge do it once you're onboard.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

And Qsine/Tuscan on M class used to be a bar and flower shop, Aqua Class cabins used to be standard verandas, deck 11 used to be nothing now it's more cabins. Internet used to not be available to anyone, Captain's club used to have far fewer members, Captains club used to offer the same points for an inside cabin for 3 nights as a concierge cabin for 10 nights. sites used to have no dedicated concierge or pre-cruise contact.

Indeed Celebrity as with all businesses, changes with the times and adds and removes offerings and perks.

Innovation keeps business alive. Some changes last others change, sometimes annually, sometimes every 5 years sometimes after only a month.

Yup....that's why we try our best to enjoy our current perks while available... because they can be here and gone, enhanced or diluted in a flash....

Many of us who have been with X over the the years, have observed Celeb has floundered for a unique identity ever since it started to become Royal Caribbeanized! For us AQ/BLU has been the saving grace; for others, the suites/perks.

With larger ships it could not remain the best Country Club at Sea but frequent, and sometimes expensive, changes may not always be best for branding.....or engendering client loyalty.

It looks like they added complimentary laundry as well as the champagne for the signature and RS. Now that is a sweet perk!

Beginning January 2016:

•Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouët

•Complimentary laundry service

•Daily Delectables rotation of savory and sweet snacks

Edited by Lonedaddy

Please see this flyer:

This should change the discussion off of dress codes for a bit.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/15047556_CEL_Suite_Class_Promo_Flyer.pdf

The above link was posted by a friend who is a TA based in the UK.

In addition to Sky Suites getting Michael's Club access, "Signature Suites" which presumably include upper level suites include:

- Two bottles of wine or spirits (your choice)

- A bottle of Perrier Jouet champagne

The other listed items do not seem to be new, except it looks like Bulgari is back.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Starting next month, all Suite Class guests will begin to enjoy even more indulgent services and amenities. At the center of these is a “trifecta of suiteness” found on no other premium cruise line: personal butler service that ensures guests never have to lift a finger; an exclusive restaurant, Luminae, which serves up delicious meals only for suite guests; and a private lounge featuring a dedicated concierge.

Other new Suite Class perks include luxurious new Bulgari bath amenities to pamper guests from head to toe and a new, mouthwatering selection of Delectable Delights – created by Celebrity’s Michelin-starred chef Cornelius Gallagher – delivered daily. Plus, select suites now will receive a bottle of Perrier-Jouët champagne on embarkation day. These benefits will begin in January 2016.

And, Sky Suite guests will soon “join the club” – Michael’s Club, that is. Beginning on Dec. 16, 2015 onboard Celebrity Solstice, Sky Suites will join the rest of Suite Class with access to Michael’s Club, the exclusive lounge that offers complimentary cocktails, appetizers, and a dedicated Michael’s Club Concierge. The Suite Class experience in Michael’s Club is enhanced by outstanding service from a dedicated Michael’s Club Concierge. Recently, the first of Celebrity's dedicated Michael's Club Concierges has earned the Golden Key award from the prestigious Les Clefs d’Or Austria—the distinguished, international network of service professionals. Every Michael’s Club Concierge in Celebrity’s fleet will work toward earning their Golden Key awards throughout 2016.

Starting next month, all Suite Class guests will begin to enjoy even more indulgent services and amenities. At the center of these is a “trifecta of suiteness” found on no other premium cruise line: personal butler service that ensures guests never have to lift a finger; an exclusive restaurant, Luminae, which serves up delicious meals only for suite guests; and a private lounge featuring a dedicated concierge.

Other new Suite Class perks include luxurious new Bulgari bath amenities to pamper guests from head to toe and a new, mouthwatering selection of Delectable Delights – created by Celebrity’s Michelin-starred chef Cornelius Gallagher – delivered daily. Plus, select suites now will receive a bottle of Perrier-Jouët champagne on embarkation day. These benefits will begin in January 2016.

And, Sky Suite guests will soon “join the club” – Michael’s Club, that is. Beginning on Dec. 16, 2015 onboard Celebrity Solstice, Sky Suites will join the rest of Suite Class with access to Michael’s Club, the exclusive lounge that offers complimentary cocktails, appetizers, and a dedicated Michael’s Club Concierge. The Suite Class experience in Michael’s Club is enhanced by outstanding service from a dedicated Michael’s Club Concierge. Recently, the first of Celebrity's dedicated Michael's Club Concierges has earned the Golden Key award from the prestigious Les Clefs d’Or Austria—the distinguished, international network of service professionals. Every Michael’s Club Concierge in Celebrity’s fleet will work toward earning their Golden Key awards throughout 2016.

I really appreciate the comment, even if a bit is marketing hype, and some is admission you haven't had the promised amenities like luxurious bath products for a while. Here's hoping that the Concierge's with their Golden Key awards can provide the high level of service to the ever expanding guests with access to Michael's Club.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks to the official Celebrity poster for clarifying the situation.

The addition of Sky Suites to those eligible to use Michael's Club seems to me to be a clarification of the status of Sky Suites, which in the past had a "suite which isn't a suite" limbo status (i.e., SS passengers could dine in Luminae but were banned from Michael's Club unless they were Zenith).

I have a Sky Suite booked on the Eclipse for December '16, so the Club addition is great news. I had been looking at a PS for the larger space, but we have an aft cabin and I'd prefer to keep it. We like the location.

I think that took the speciality perk away.

I did notice that on the website this perk seems to be missing now from SkySuites and Celebrity suites too.

Celebrity Rep, can you comment on if the 1 per short cruise 2 per long cruise Speciality Dining perk still exists in Sky and Celebrity Suites?

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-suite-class

I have mixed feelings. We've been on a cruise with friends who were in a CS while we were in an S1. While we loved the corner aft location, our butler, free specialties and other perks, we had our noses pressed to the glass in MC, watching our friends have a wonderful experience (not really, but we were a bit jealous). This was the first or second cruise after the change to a suite club, I believe, and we didn't know about it until just before the cruise - my husband had looked forward to sampling craft beer in there. Oh well, we still had an amazing cruise!

I surprised my husband with a CS the next cruise on Reflection and we had a wonderful experience - loved the relatively quiet MC (a refuge from the crowds) and met interesting people (it was often moderately busy, but not crowded). It was like Cheers, with the concierge and bartenders greeting us by name every time we entered, asking about our day and making our favorite drinks without asking. They did everything they could to make our cruise special. I booked more cruises in a CS, with price tags of about $2000 more than the S1, trying to justify the extra cost because of the amazing experience in MC. Once we had experienced that level of service, we just didn't want to go back.

I'm happy for the many people in SS's, including us since we have one cruise booked in an S1 in 2017, but I can't help but feel that the MC experience will be watered down, at least on some cruises.

I think we will just be selective - I can't imagine adding 168+ people to the MC list on Reflection (84 SS's), for example, so will avoid the Reflection suite experience until the reports start coming in. I think I counted about 50 seats in the Reflection MC. I'm wondering if they will have to add an upper level suite lounge to accommodate everyone on that ship.

I'm just thankful that this info is out on CC prior to the 2017-2018 cruises coming out - we will now go for the S1's and save the money (the CS doesn't have much appeal for us now except for the separate bedroom, which is offset by the corner aft cabin that we love). Having Luminae and all the other suite perks will still be great. We won't have such high expectations for MC, so hopefully won't feel disappointed if it becomes crowded and impersonal and will be pleasantly surprised if there is no change. Here's hoping Celebrity will try to keep the MC experience special.

So, let me get this straight. I paid $2000 more for a CS than what the S2 was going for on my sailing. Fine, I was getting MC access. Now those who booked S1/S2 will get what I'm getting (Michael's) without ponying up that $2 grand?

In addition, after Nov. 16 people booking any suite category will get all 4 perks currently offered at the "Best" level? Including PREMIUM beverages?

Hmmmmm. Let's review .... I paid for access to MC, which was bundled into my CS fare. Every other advantage (butler, Luminae) is the same as sky suite guests. I have a CLASSIC bev pkg. that's included, but plan to upgrade to a premium beverage package - at additional cost - when I board.

On new bookings beginning Nov. 16, people booking any suite will get all perks included. Beginning Dec. 15 sky suites will get into MC without having to fork over anything extra. Have I got it right?

How about offering something for CS class? I would welcome a beverage upgrade to premium. Obviously RS and up already get all perks. We CS dwellers are being completely passed over.:(

Edited by Constance331