Best way to accumulate Captain's Club points quickly

M5M

We are 18 points away from the next level of Captain's Club, and have two cruises scheduled for next April. It seems to me the quickest way to get those 18 points before April is to book a 7 day veranda on Royal Caribbean (a closer port for us, no air travel necessary) and get 21 points....is that correct?

Does Royal count their points differently? I do have some status with Royal, not sure what, definitely the lowest level.

Is there a credit card app I can complete/use to get points? I noticed the Celebrity credit card but it wasn't clear where those points went.....

Thanks!

Keep in mind that RCCL and Celebrity do not accrue points on the other's cruises. You can get the perks of the other's equal level, but if you sail RCCL, you're not earning Celebrity points.

I don't know about that credit card, but more and longer cruises in higher cabins is the fastest way I know to get points.

Your plan with Royal Caribbean would not work. Though a Captains Club membership can give you an equal level membership in Crown and Anchor, you do not earn Captain's Club points on RCI cruises. So, if you are Select with CC, you would be Platnium with RCI. Any points you earn with RCI from then on would be independent Celebrity.

Edit: So the fastest way would be a 3 night cruise in a Sky Suite or higher, or 4 night in Concierge or higher, or 6 nights in a balcony, or 8 nights inside. There is not any other way to earn Captains Club points that I am aware of, short of sailing with Azamara.

Edited by cybx

The credit card does not give Captain's club points. It accumulates points (usually $1 spent = 1 point, unless they have bonus categories, you get 2 points per $1 spent on RCL, X and AZ), and you get $100 OBC for every 10,000 points earned. You get 10,000 points I think just for signing up.

So to get the the next level, you have to sail on a Celebrity ship, not a RCL ship.

Here's details on the reciprocity of perks between RCL and X though.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=971&faqSubjectId=340

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11026120_CEL_LoyaltyProgram.pdf

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Azamara/General_Info/10021481_Loyalty.pdf

We are 18 points away from the next level of Captain's Club, and have two cruises scheduled for next April. It seems to me the quickest way to get those 18 points before April is to book a 7 day veranda on Royal Caribbean (a closer port for us, no air travel necessary) and get 21 points....is that correct?

Does Royal count their points differently? I do have some status with Royal, not sure what, definitely the lowest level.

Is there a credit card app I can complete/use to get points? I noticed the Celebrity credit card but it wasn't clear where those points went.....

Thanks!

Book suite level, Concierge or AQ for higher points...look for promos where you get extra points for booking...hard to come by....we are on one in January...

we are E + with no hope or desire to get to Zenith, but our tier status is useful for Azamara and Royal C

Thanks!

RCCL does count their points differently. It's 1 point per night for inside, oceanview and veranda but I'm not sure if suites get more than 1 point.

Thanks!

Captain's Club points are awarded on a per-night basis. The number of points you earn per night will depend on the category of stateroom that is purchased.

• 1 year later...

Thanks!

The information regarding getting Captain Club points on RCCL is right. You can't do it!

Also, unless you are just 18 points from Zenith, it is not worth the extra money.

Spending hundreds of dollars just to get some free laundry, some free internet, and drinks for 2 hours from 5-7 is not spending wisely.