Please Help I lost something on Allure of the Seas

This may seem extremely ridiculous to most but I have had this stuffed animal pig (Hammy) for 22 years of my life. I recently left him on Royal Caribbean International Allure of the Seas. The ship left from Ft. Lauderdale, FL on Nov. 8, 2015 and returned Nov. 15, 2015. I was in room 6584. I love this pig and have taken him everywhere with me since I was child. It was my dream to give this pig to my first born child someday. The ship says they do not have him. I left him wrapped in my bed sheets when rushing out on debarkation day. Please share this post. Maybe if enough people see it, someone who knows someone, will have it and return it to me. Please help me in my search. I am utterly heart broken!

973110_368357773266311_916488500_n.jpg.d4a1fbc9003341b0f2d98fc03c1cd487.jpg

983421_368367549932000_131295720_n.jpg.59c41d853656bdf8888f52c995d73f69.jpg

Not ridiculous at all - I completely understand your distress. I am so sorry for the loss, and hope if enough people see your post the chances are that you and Hammy will be re-united. ❤️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Alohaaloha

This may seem extremely ridiculous to most but I have had this stuffed animal pig (Hammy) for 22 years of my life. I recently left him on Royal Caribbean International Allure of the Seas. The ship left from Ft. Lauderdale, FL on Nov. 8, 2015 and returned Nov. 15, 2015. I was in room 6584. I love this pig and have taken him everywhere with me since I was child. It was my dream to give this pig to my first born child someday. The ship says they do not have him. I left him wrapped in my bed sheets when rushing out on debarkation day. Please share this post. Maybe if enough people see it, someone who knows someone, will have it and return it to me. Please help me in my search. I am utterly heart broken!

Contact Corporate Post Cruise support: (800) 256-6649.

I sailed Solo on the Epic last year. On day three of the cruise, the head housekeeper stopped me in the hall and asked for a favor. She wanted me to check my safe for a diamond ring that the previous occupant had lost. She said that it might be under a lip in the front of the safe. I was happy to check my safe and much to my surprise, my fingers found the ring under the lip of the safe. It was a very nice engagement type ring. The head of the housekeepers thanked me and ran down the hallway shouting to my cabin steward that the ring had been found. It made me feel good that I could be of help. But later I wandered if the young couple ever did actually get their ring back. Where did I go wrong? Should I have taken the ring to someone higher up? Guess I'll never know.

I sailed Solo on the Epic last year. On day three of the cruise, the head housekeeper stopped me in the hall and asked for a favor. She wanted me to check my safe for a diamond ring that the previous occupant had lost. She said that it might be under a lip in the front of the safe. I was happy to check my safe and much to my surprise, my fingers found the ring under the lip of the safe. It was a very nice engagement type ring. The head of the housekeepers thanked me and ran down the hallway shouting to my cabin steward that the ring had been found. It made me feel good that I could be of help. But later I wandered if the young couple ever did actually get their ring back. Where did I go wrong? Should I have taken the ring to someone higher up? Guess I'll never know.

The head housekeeper didn't get that position by stealing from guests.

I am currently aboard the Allure. I went to guest services and asked about your lost pig. They checked lost and found but unfortunately were not able to find him

Very nice of you. Maybe you could swing by the cabin(6584) and show the steward the pics in post 1 and see what he/she says

To be honest I don't think they do a great job when we lost something. I was on the independence once and the night before arriving back to home I found a kindle under the bed. The battery was dead so it wasn't from the sailing before mine,no info on the kindle so I returned to guess service. Once there she took it and that all. I told her" don't you need a stateroom number of where I found it?" And she was like oh sure. I knew that wasn't going to his owner but I felt good because I did my part

If it were an iPad I could have turn it on hoping for the owner to use " where is my phone app"

Very nice of you. Maybe you could swing by the cabin(6584) and show the steward the pics in post 1 and see what he/she says

Do they keep the same assignments cruise to cruise? I know Disney rotates them around at times. (Not to mention if the steward's contract was up then there would be someone different there as well.)

It is a good thought, but if the thing was "wrapped up in bedsheets" I seriously doubt on a turn around day the steward paid ANY attention to anything other than stripping the linens and getting them to laundry (which usually means tying them in a ball and/or throwing them in a bag) - odds are the linens were balled together and anything "wrapped up in bedsheets" went straight to the laundry.

The head housekeeper didn't get that position by stealing from guests.

And if she did intend to steal the ring, I highly doubt that she'd be shouting out to everyone within earshot that she had found it! :rolleyes:

I left my tiny ,plastic travel wallet with my cards ,license and $200 in the poufy bedclothes at a hotel near logan in boston.....my husband does all the tipping,etc on travel day so I didn't even notice until day 2 as we were on a land trip to stj....claimed they didn't find it so am sure it went through the laundry system....my husband gloated all week because he had his debit card after I tried to get him to keep it at home....all well that ends well!

I spoke to the cabin steward, he said that he was already approached about Hammy. He did not see him or know where he might be.

My son had "Alfie" for over 30 years, even though Alfie was on a closet shelf for approximately 18 years, my son called when he finally gave him to a little boy he met at a hospital (he actually went home to get Alfie while the little boy waited for his Mom in the emergency room). This just goes to show how important Alfie was to a grown man. So hopefully Hammy found his way to some little boy or girl via the laundry staff who just didn't realize how important he was to you. Good thoughts only!

I'm sorry about hammy , I'm willing to bet he went into the trash.

I hope by some miracle you get him back.

I do hope they go thru the trash, as the TV Video in the cabin shows..... RCL recycles!! --- so they would need to separate paper, metals and plastics in the big trash bags from each cabin. In port you can see the crushed big squares of recycling sometimes.

So, perhaps Hammy is sitting in that recycling area waiting to be dealt with. It could have been a child's favorite bed time companion, so it would be heartless to throw it away and not keep it for a bit?? Perhaps he is over seeing things as a mascot on a shelf in there? Or has a new companion- in a crew member?

Edited by CVU