Deluxe vs. Superior Balcony on Serenade

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone knows how much of a difference there is in size of these balconies. We always do the deluxe but this time we have booked the superior size and we were wondering if there is a noticeable difference in the two. Thanks so much

Very little difference in balcony size, like 2 square feet more in the Superior.

wow so it may not have been worth the extra money then! :( But it is our vacation so what the hell lol

The inside portion of the Superior is about 20 sq ft larger, it's just the balcony that's not much different.

We got a superior balcony on our jewel cruise (sister ship to serenade). It felt wider than a deluxe, not as narrow. It's not a significant difference, but it didn't feel as closed in. At least that's how it felt to me

At least for non-connecting rooms, doesn't the Superior have a full-size sofa while the Deluxe just has a love seat?

That's the way it is on Voyager/Freedom class, but I'm not sure about Radiance class.

Ditto. That 20-30 extra square feet does indeed make a lot of difference. But then again, as long as I have a balcony...I can squeeze into a smaller cabin if the price difference is considerable. ;)

Of course the JS is usually the best choice for us with the extra room and double points! :)

But with that being said, we have the huge balcony D1 cabin 9256 on our B2B Alaska cruise on sister ship Radiance. :D

Edited by island lady

on our upcoming anthem cruise, I had to choose between the deluxe and superior and I went for the superior. it's just two of us and the balconies are plenty big for two of us so having the extra indoor space made it more worth it to us.

At least for non-connecting rooms, doesn't the Superior have a full-size sofa while the Deluxe just has a love seat?

That's the way it is on Voyager/Freedom class, but I'm not sure about Radiance class.

The Deluxe on Radiance class only has the loveseat...I had a superior on Brillance with a full sofa...Deluxe on Jewel with a loveseat...traveled solo both times & even "I" noticed a difference in the size of the room...deluxe is smaller...couldn't compare on the balconies as I had 9256 on Brillance which is bigger than most Superior balconies...:D

Loveseat only in the Deluxe and a nice full sized sofa in the Superior. I find the Deluxe to be quite tight - I haven't had to share one yet, but wouldn't be thrilled with the idea. The Superior's extra space makes it a lot more comfortable.:)

We did a deluxe the end of Sept on the Jewel and a superior the middle of Oct on the Serenade. Made enough of a difference to us that we probably won't be booking deluxe cabins again. As others have mentioned, the main difference in size is love seat versus full couch but for some reason, at least in our case, it made a huge difference comfort wise and size wise.

Tim

We're booked in a Deluxe on our cruise in April and now wish there was some way to switch to a Superior but it appears the cruise is just about sold out. Does anyone know if a lot of balcony rooms become available when final payment is due? If so, I'll keep a close tab on it and switch.

I still can't believe I listened to our TA instead of doing research. We switched from a European cruise and just let her make the change.

• 2 weeks later...
The Deluxe on Radiance class only has the loveseat...I had a superior on Brillance with a full sofa...Deluxe on Jewel with a loveseat...traveled solo both times & even "I" noticed a difference in the size of the room...deluxe is smaller...couldn't compare on the balconies as I had 9256 on Brillance which is bigger than most Superior balconies...:D

I agree that the full size sofa is much nicer. Sometimes I just like to lie down/stretch out on the sofa. I'm quite short, but the loveseat just doesn't cut it. It's more like an oversized chair.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an E-2 8314 on Navigator in the summer 2016, and I admit I was not paying enough attention when I booked those cruises. On RC so far we have been in GS, JS, GS and the last three in Superior D-1.

Also on Navigator in winter I have E-1 7388.

After I realized what I had done it was too late because the prices have skyrocketed.

I bet I pay more attention to what I am booking from now on.

DH and I so far have used our cabins quite a bit. I'm guessing we will spend more time out of the cabin in 2016 since it's a much bigger ship than what we have been on previously. At least that's my excuse. ;)

• 2 weeks later...