What was your favourite Celebrity Cruise?

gordylad

There have been many that are quite special but my absolute favorite one is:

9 night Pacific Coastal in Sept 2015 - San Francisco roundtrip

The Captain's Circle Host and Guest Relations Manager both spoiled us rotten.

Were upgraded to the best cabin ever and our first ever time to dine at the Captain's Table ... wow!! All the rest now seem to pale in comparison.

Top three on Celebrity:

#1 - Alaska Inside Passage (our first cruise and it remains our favorite).

#2 - Arctic Circle / Norway Fjords back-to-back (24 wonderful days).

#3 - Eastbound Panama Canal / Westbound Panama Canal / San Diego-Hawaii-San Diego (45 relaxing nights).

Xpedition.....by far the best cruise we've ever taken (admittedly, I am an animal lover). It's not the most elegant, not the best food, not the most luxurious....but it is just such an outstanding experience that it ranks #1 on my list.

I agree wholeheartedly about the XPedition. Absolutely amazing if you love animals, snorkeling with seals and unbelievable natural untouched beauty.

Prior to this we always sailed on Carnival and have no regrets, in fact we enjoyed four cruises with them. In 2012 we switched to Celebrity because we wanted to do its South American cruise, from Valparaiso, Chile to Buenos Aries, Argentina. It was a 14-day cruise and we were a little giddy at Day 7 saying we'd normally be packing to go home, and instead we had a whole other week of it. Because we travelled so far to get there, we assumed it would be a one time trip, so we added to it by staying a few days in Santiago, Buenos Aries, and then went to Rio.

All three are beautiful cities and you and your travelling companion can debate which is the best.

Of the seven cruises we've been on, this one came closest to absolute perfection. Service was above excellent, along with the food and entertainment. After dinner there was incredible night life, perfect for the 55+ set who sees dessert not as what you eat right before bed, but the prelude for a late night of dancing, or at least watching the bands.

What made the cruise really special was our time at the cape. They stopped the ship for at least one hour (maybe two) and lecturers explained the significance of it on the ship's PA system. Despite the cold weather many passengers stayed on deck just to bask in the idea that we were at the end of our hemisphere.

The only "flaw" was that we couldn't land in a beach resort in Uruguay. Of course this wasn't Celeb's fault. However, it was warm enough (barely) for bathing suits by the pool so we looked at it as a sea day, but one where you stay in port. I was expecting to do (and enjoy) my usual sea day routine of good book, cold beer and very little movement. Instead we ended up sitting by the ship's entertainers, who were as amusing and amicable off the stage as they were on it, so it was like we got sun and a free show.

There's a reason we've done two Celebrity cruises since.

Hawaii - 15 nights round trip from San Diego on Century in 2013.

Five sea days in each direction - priceless! A lot of onboard theme classes like Hula, Ukelele etc. Fun wine events. Best ever food and service in the main dining room.

Friendly crew, very visible Captain. Wonderful "ocean liner" atmosphere.

Great time in Hawaii especially bucket list visit to Pearl Harbor memorial.

R/T Cape Liberty on Summit to Bermuda. Just can't get enough. We don't like port intensive cruises and 7 day is just perfect. And as you can see we listed our Celebrity Cruises. Bermuda favorite place, Celebrity favorite cruise line and Summit our favorite ship.:D PS..Royal Suite our favorite cabin

Our first Celebrity Cruise in January 1995 on the Horizon, which was also our honeymoon. For a reason that will be forever unknown, we were invited to the Captain's Table during that cruise. I told my new wife, and first time cruiser (my fifth at that time), never to expect to be invited to the Captain's Table again. Oddly, one year later on the brand new Century, we were invited once again. Have never been invited again, and never knew why we were ever invited. Just everyday folks from Texas.

I love reading about everyone's favorites!

It's difficult to choose, but my favorite was a Solstice 13 night TA in 2009, We stayed in Rome for 5 days ahead, & then sailed to Florence (La Spezia), Villafrance, Barcelona, Cartagena & Maderia before the crossing... it was a perfect trip in every way, & hooked us on Europe :)

Prior to this we always sailed on Carnival and have no regrets, in fact we enjoyed four cruises with them. In 2012 we switched to Celebrity because we wanted to do its South American cruise, from Valparaiso, Chile to Buenos Aries, Argentina. It was a 14-day cruise and we were a little giddy at Day 7 saying we'd normally be packing to go home, and instead we had a whole other week of it. Because we travelled so far to get there, we assumed it would be a one time trip, so we added to it by staying a few days in Santiago, Buenos Aries, and then went to Rio.

All three are beautiful cities and you and your travelling companion can debate which is the best.

Of the seven cruises we've been on, this one came closest to absolute perfection. Service was above excellent, along with the food and entertainment. After dinner there was incredible night life, perfect for the 55+ set who sees dessert not as what you eat right before bed, but the prelude for a late night of dancing, or at least watching the bands.

What made the cruise really special was our time at the cape. They stopped the ship for at least one hour (maybe two) and lecturers explained the significance of it on the ship's PA system. Despite the cold weather many passengers stayed on deck just to bask in the idea that we were at the end of our hemisphere.

The only "flaw" was that we couldn't land in a beach resort in Uruguay. Of course this wasn't Celeb's fault. However, it was warm enough (barely) for bathing suits by the pool so we looked at it as a sea day, but one where you stay in port. I was expecting to do (and enjoy) my usual sea day routine of good book, cold beer and very little movement. Instead we ended up sitting by the ship's entertainers, who were as amusing and amicable off the stage as they were on it, so it was like we got sun and a free show.

There's a reason we've done two Celebrity cruises since.

Glad to hear this as I will be on this cruise January 3 plus 3 nights in Buenos Aires before and a night in Santiago afterward. Looking forward to my first time in South America after many cruises in Europe.

But so far if I had to choose just one favorite, it would have to be the Holy Land cruise last year out of Istanbul, where I spent 5 days before the cruise. Absolutely amazing. I have the same cruise booked again next October on Constellation but who knows if it will happen so glad I was able to go last year and hoping for the best.:)

• 4 weeks later...

This was just a magical cruise - the longest i had ever taken (or taken since). The ports, the people on board - everything was lovely. I would go back to New Zealand in a heartbeat.

But it will always be on the top of my list because when we checked in in Sydney we were given a FREE upgrade from our Sky Suite to a Royal Suite. No explanation was given and I didn't ask any questions - always though they had us mixed up with someone else!

Talk about getting spoiled!

Katie

Most memorable cruises...

Our first cruise was with NCL aboard the Norway, originally the SS France an amazing experience with her being an old school Ocean liner so very elegant.

That ship hooked us on cruising.

On our first Azamara cruise we did a 14 day 9 port Med cruise never to be replicated, we started in Rome and tendered into Sorrento, did Cyprus, Crete, Greece, two days in Istanbul with multiple ports along the coast of Turkey ported over night in Alexandria, disembarking in Athens.

Our best X cruise was on Millie 31 days from Honolulu to Sydney with an overnight then continuing on to Singapore. We were fortunate to have an Deck 11 A1 aft cabin. A close 2nd place would be passing through the Panama canal on our way to Valparaiso on Infinity.

Our first Viking river cruise from Basel to Amsterdam last year was special as well.

On Mercury from Los Angeles to Vancouver via Alaska several years ago, billed I think as Ultimate Alaska and really a repo cruise at the beginning of the season. The experience hooked us onto Celebrity as our preferred line, regrettably things aren't what they were in so many ways now.

For me it was Antarctica and South America. I have never seen anything that beautiful that took my breath away.

I love all cruises, but some of my favorite are transatlantic cruises! Love the sea days!

The Baltic's Cruise was also great!