Welcome Gift - House Red Wine Disappears

yogimax

I just checked both mine and DW's C&A account and the small bottle of house white wine is now no longer available as a Diamond gift. :(

Diamonds do not get alcohol on their preferences - only sodas etc.

Trust me if there was wine or beer on offer I would pick it over a coke!

"The beverage selection list for Emerald and Diamond members will include water, juice and soft drink items. In addition to the previous list, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will be able to select certain beers, a house red wine, house white wine or house sparkling wine. If a guest has not selected an item then bottled water will be sent to the stateroom." The gift is now a packet of shortbread cookies which are very nice indeed.

Edited by little britain

Diamonds do not get alcohol on their preferences - only sodas etc.

Trust me if there was wine or beer on offer I would pick it over a coke!

"The beverage selection list for Emerald and Diamond members will include water, juice and soft drink items. In addition to the previous list, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will be able to select certain beers, a house red wine, house white wine or house sparkling wine. If a guest has not selected an item then bottled water will be sent to the stateroom." The gift is now a packet of shortbread cookies which are very nice indeed.

Similar to what we got as Emerald for our newly Diamond status.

Thanks for the post.

Safe travels.

is St Martins they can keep it, even it is free, most of the time the Reds are undrinkable. The whites drinkability marginal. On our last cruise in October, we received a bottle of Zinfandel as usual.

Three weeks ago we did a b2b on the Oasis. We didn't receive a welcome cookie gift on either cruise, our 2 bottles of Corona arrived as a single Corona and a little bottle of that red wine - both weeks. Our C&A second bottle of wine had to be requested and was finally delivered with a gift from your travel agent message. Who messes this stuff up? Is it Beverage or Housekeeping or Loyalty?

I don't want to seem ungrateful because I'm not. I like these things, I just want them to be right.

T... Who messes this stuff up? Is it Beverage or Housekeeping or Loyalty?...

I don't know where it gets messed up, but now we have a dedicated Loyalty Ambassador (who does not sell cruises) to fix these things. The LA on Oasis was happy to provide our missing wine.

At least I now know what I did not receive during our October cruise. That was our first since turning Emerald. Well, maybe next time.

Do we have to pick the beverage option (which they probably ignore anyways based on some of the previous posts) separately for all passengers, or what? :confused:

ie. I will be traveling with husband and daughter, both obviously Emerald, too.

At least I now know what I did not receive during our October cruise. That was our first since turning Emerald. Well, maybe next time.

Do we have to pick the beverage option (which they probably ignore anyways based on some of the previous posts) separately for all passengers, or what? :confused:

Hi, each C&A member has to go into their online My Cruises account and choose their own beverage in the gift preference section which is part of the profile section.

Yes, each person has a preference on Royal's website that you must select. Log in and look in the Profile section. If no preference is selected, then a bottle of water is given.

Edited by clarea

I sure did select apple juice my preference, but for some reason we got 2 water bottles. On that cruise we went to the 6 deck to meet with the lady, I think her title was the Loyal amabassador or something like that, she represents the C&A members. I mentioned this to her and about 2 days later we receive one bottle of apple juice in our room. I thought we would get 2 bottles since we have 2 members in our cabin with Emerald status. My 10 years old daughter and I. May be they don't give it to children ? My daughter is too young to have an RCI login account therefore she can not set her gift preferences, but she do have a C&A membership number. Anyway, we just kind of ignore it. There are apple juice at breakfast anyway. Gave bottle apple juice to my daughter, There alot of adult drinks around the ship. :D

Edited by StrikeEagle

We sure did select apple juice on our preference, but for some reason we got 2 water botttles. On that cruise we went to the 6 deck to meet with the lady, I think her title was the Loyal amabassador or something like that, she represents the C&A members. I mentioned this to her and about 2 days later we receive one bottle of apple juice in our room. I thought we would get 2 bottles since we have 2 members in our cabin with Emerald status. My 10 years old daughter and I. May be they don't give it to children ? Anyway, we just kind of ignore it.

I believe you are correct, the welcome aboard beverage if for 18 and over.

:confused: We are talking about the little bottles of wine you receive with the cookies and nuts in the Welcome aboard gift.

The point in my earlier post was to show we did not get the little bottle of red we were expecting but replacements which were superior;).

I am guessing there is a supply issue somewhere or maybe it was a bad year for the red wine:D:rolleyes::D

Yep , I know what little bottles you're talking about. I missed the replacements being superior part. They would always give me the wrong little bottle and never the correct large bottle as part of the gifts even when I had others selected in my preference. They always would say it was out so this was the replacement they picked, so I always swapped them out.The little bottles I would swap in the wj and for the large bottles you get I would swap in the mdr or at one of the bars.

They always would say it was out so this was the replacement they picked, so I always swapped them out.The little bottles I would swap in the wj and for the large bottles you get I would swap in the mdr or at one of the bars.

Didn't know you could do this.

I was posting about me....I was the "whiner". ;)

I found your posts (among others) helpful. Without such posts on this thread, I would not know DH and I need to reset our gift preferences....not something Inoften do. I'm not so bothered of the little bottles of wine are off the list, only that I know to adjust to the best option available.

Evidently even whining is in the eye of the beholder.

I found your posts (among others) helpful. Without such posts on this thread, I would not know DH and I need to reset our gift preferences....not something Inoften do. I'm not so bothered of the little bottles of wine are off the list, only that I know to adjust to the best option available.

Evidently even whining is in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks, that was very sweet of you to say!

Me, I like a little cheese with my "whine".....mmmm....especially that yummy stinky blue

cheese stuff we get sometimes on the fruit and cheese plate! ;) :D