new menu for blu?

gail8

We are just off the Summit and although the service in Blu was fantastic we didn't love the menu. We were told by several restaurant staff that a new menu is coming in the spring. Just wondering if anyone has heard this?

Gail

Some change will be welcome....but hope they stick to simple, healthy and clean food..lower salt, etc.

Luminae gets great reviews but some of the dishes look very gourmet and fussy. We like the concept of BLU....plain but delicious . Would love more spa type choices and a menu that has changing chefs choice specials

Looking forward to it..

We have been told over and over that a new menu was in the works. The present one has been in play since Blu opened and is no longer appealing, especially on longer cruises that have repeats.

Hal

Just returned from a cruise on the Eclipse, Aqua Class. (3rd time Aqua Class)

I think it's time for BLU to change the menu.

I really loved eating in a smaller restaurant, but was disappointed in the menu.

As Aqua Class is more expensive, I'm not really sure why I should book Aqua Class again. Is it worth the extra cost ???

Esp. in the Caribbean, where I make less use of the Persian Garden.

What would you sub instead? We liked the very simple, very healthy something to munch on. Many varied courses would follow so the consistency (I guess you'd say monotony) of that one didn't bother us.

How about some olives. Maybe a different flavor of humus or dipping sauce....Maybe something other than carrot and celery sticks. How about a salsa of some sort.

Edited by ghstudio

I think the healthy hummus and veggies are meant to be an intro to the "healthier" Blu menu (which we didn't find all that healthy all the time).

I can see why some would want a change, but I don't think pizza or more bread is in keeping with the spirit of the Aqua Spa concept.

Not in our opinion....much less salt and heavy gravy etc in Blu..salads are very fresh, food served perfect temp and to order. AQ and Blu have kept us as customers on X..

But glad we have choices..

Despite what some say about Blu, the food is regular cruise ship food, much like the MDR

While it is still prepared relatively en masse, there is definitely more attention to detail and I think that is what ultimately leads to better execution than the MDR. It is just a number of eyes/plate game.

We have sailed AQ once and throughly enjoyed it. It isn't enough difference to pay significantly more for but when the opportunity presents itself we will choose AQ. Part of our TA's Black Friday sale allowed us to go from 2d veranda to AQ, we had to give up half of our $600 OBC. Given 12 days in the Baltic I'll be enjoying some time in the heated loungers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We only stay in blu and have added salsa to our "starters" and they have it ready every evening. Just ask for what you want. Especially in blu. Much more attentive to wishes in my opinion. Main dining room for groups, blu for intimate couples dining.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

We only stay in blu and have added salsa to our "starters" and they have it ready every evening. Just ask for what you want. Especially in blu. Much more attentive to wishes in my opinion. Main dining room for groups, blu for intimate couples dining.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

I love Blu, but 'intimate couples dining'?? In S class especially, it is hard to consider the dining intimate when the couple in the next table is sitting so close to you, you can hear every word of even soft conversations and vice versa. One reason I like the M class Blu set-up much better. The tables are still close, but not right on top of each other like S class. Nice to hear about the salsa - never considered asking for it, but will definitely try it next time. I agree also that they are more attentive to your wishes and will accommodate if at all possible, which is not as easy to do when you eat in the MDR.

There was some discussion about the crudites served in Blu. Is that instead of bread and rolls? My first Aqua Class cruise is in 2016. We enjoy the breads and rolls in the MDR. Will be get them in Blu?

yes, you still get bread, rolls.