No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

Celebrity Cruises offers modern luxury service to all of our guests, with additional perks for those in select stateroom categories. Along with guests in Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites, all AquaClass guests receive two complimentary 16.9 oz. bottles of water upon embarkation. Guests in regular veranda staterooms do not receive complimentary bottled water. All guests can take advantage of outstanding perks like a classic beverage package, through our goBig! goBetter! goBest! offer on select sailings.

What a condescending and dismissive attitude towards customers who are upset they won't be getting what they contracted for!

Wish someone could flag this thread to the CEO.....and bd of directors...not sure they would care but posting here is not getting up the food chain... or maybe they know and are laughing at us, all the way to the bank

Someone just back from a Royal cruise says Diamonds (equivalent to Elite) no longer get 60 internet minutes...but one 24 hr slot...anyone needed a boarding pass would be very limited and almost forced to pay extra for internet...have to check this out. Hope it is not on all Royal ships and NOT coming to Celebrity anytime soon,,

4 booked cruises ahead in AQ...maybe we will drop down to CC ...alot depends on Equinox in January..hoping we will enjoy it despite the take backs..

To start with, I have not read the 300+ responses to this thread. So, what I am going to say may have already been articulated or be way off base. I agree that if when you booked an AQ cabin and daily water was part of the perk and now it is taken away, that is not right. However, most likely one paid in excess of $3,000 for 2 people in a AQ cabin for a 7 day cruise, and given that Celebrity is saying AQ cabins get 2 waters on embarkation, that leaves 6 day minus the water. If 2 waters cost $10 per day, that is $60 for a 7 day cruise. So in the scheme of things not a big deal compared to the overall cost of the cruise. Shame on Celebrity for taking something away that was part of a stated benefit, but in my opinion, not something to ruin a wonderful cruise.

To start with, I have not read the 300+ responses to this thread. So, what I am going to say may have already been articulated or be way off base. I agree that if when you booked an AQ cabin and daily water was part of the perk and now it is taken away, that is not right. However, most likely one paid in excess of $3,000 for 2 people in a AQ cabin for a 7 day cruise, and given that Celebrity is saying AQ cabins get 2 waters on embarkation, that leaves 6 day minus the water. If 2 waters cost $10 per day, that is $60 for a 7 day cruise. So in the scheme of things not a big deal compared to the overall cost of the cruise. Shame on Celebrity for taking something away that was part of a stated benefit, but in my opinion, not something to ruin a wonderful cruise.

I'm sure a few unaffected people are bemused by this thread. The three stand out points for me are :-

Celebrity are not delivering what they have advertised to some. This is a matter of principle.

Celebrity are cheapening their own product and reputation.

The cruise line are treating their loyal customers with contempt with such an ill thought out reply.

Incidentally, this issue has been raised on their Facebook page where they have been equally dismissive and patronising.

Edited by Mynki

We just stayed a few days in a UK Holiday Inn, executive room. 2 bottles water, chocolate, nuts, tea, coffee and hot chocolate replenished daily, and breakfast in the price. The food, staff and service were far superior to our last (now ever) Celebrity cruise.

When we sailed with P&O, changes were introduced when the new brochure came out, people still moaned, but at least they honoured existing offers.

It seems to me that Ebenezer Scrooge has now taken over Celebrity, Bah Humbug!

This has nothing to do with the cost of the cruise or the price of a bottle of water on board. I think it's safe to say that anyone who can afford a Celebrity cruise can probably find it in their budget to pay for water. This is about Celebrity removing a perk that was advertised as part of the benefit/enticement of booking AQ. To me, the disturbing thing is Celebrity's patronizing and dismissive attitude towards people who expect them to provide the perks that were promised.

This has nothing to do with the cost of the cruise or the price of a bottle of water on board. I think it's safe to say that anyone who can afford a Celebrity cruise can probably find it in their budget to pay for water. This is about Celebrity removing a perk that was advertised as part of the benefit/enticement of booking AQ. To me, the disturbing thing is Celebrity's patronizing and dismissive attitude towards people who expect them to provide the perks that were promised.

You're right, it's not about the money. It is about another thing to complain about. This is much ado about a few bottles of water.

.... All guests can take advantage of outstanding perks like a classic beverage package, through our goBig! goBetter! goBest! offer on select sailings.

How can "all guests" take advantages of "outstanding perks" like Go BBB when

(a) it only applies to "select sailings"

(b) because go BBB doesn't apply to some markets (UK for example), it is patently misleading to suggest ALL guests can take advantage of this.

Edited by DYKWIA

And why SHOULD we buy a beverage package? We don't drink soda or fancy coffees, we're Elite so our cocktails in the evening and THE FREE AQ WATER WE WERE PROMISED WHEN WE BOOKED are more than enough to cover our beverage needs.

Why should I spend more out of pocket now (it doesn't matter how minimal the cost) when I bargained for one thing and you baited and switched us?

And yes, read the second paragraph again...doesn't matter how minimal the cost...and it is a LOT more "minimal" for Celebrity from a wholesale standpoint.

If you think it's ok that we buy the water, right back atcha - why isn't it ok for you to provide the water that you advertised??

Celebrity Cruises offers modern luxury service to all of our guests, with additional perks for those in select stateroom categories. Along with guests in Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites, all AquaClass guests receive two complimentary 16.9 oz. bottles of water upon embarkation. Guests in regular veranda staterooms do not receive complimentary bottled water. All guests can take advantage of outstanding perks like a classic beverage package, through our goBig! goBetter! goBest! offer on select sailings.

BS answer! I have four Cruises booked in AQ for a total of 50 days. Booked with the assumption of certain perks included in my purchase prior to this change. The point is not the water, it is taking away things that were included when I contracted with you for these four Cruises.

Add this to Celebrity continuing to cut live entertainment and staff levels and what was my First Line of Choice is about to change.

And don't forget - if you have to BUY the water you had expected to get for free with the cruise price you paid when booking you'll get it at an inflated price. It's one of the reasons some people bring their own choice of water on board but I expect Celebrity will stop that practice in a next step...

As others have said - it's the principle of advertising/selling a product and then taking something away without compensation. I have to confess: We have mostly booked AQ or Concierge class cabins and I DO miss the flowers in the stateroom and bathroom, the red Captain's Club rose on the first formal night, the better chocolates, the fruit basket which the attendant replenished each day following your wishes ( for us: lots of grapes...) instead of 3 wrinkled apples moulding away, the sub-standard canapés you're getting now and so on and so on.

It's the first year where we haven't booked another Celebrity cruise neither on board nor via our travel agent, the definite cutbacks in so many areas as well as the inflated prices let us look elsewhere. And there ARE good cruiselines besides Celebrity even if we tend to still lurking whether the policy has changed to the better again.

BS answer! I have four Cruises booked in AQ for a total of 50 days. Booked with the assumption of certain perks included in my purchase prior to this change. The point is not the water, it is taking away things that were included when I contracted with you for these four Cruises.

Add this to Celebrity continuing to cut live entertainment and staff levels and what was my First Line of Choice is about to change.

And don't forget - if you have to BUY the water you had expected to get for free with the cruise price you paid when booking you'll get it at an inflated price. It's one of the reasons some people bring their own choice of water on board but I expect Celebrity will stop that practice in a next step...

As others have said - it's the principle of advertising/selling a product and then taking something away without compensation. I have to confess: We have mostly booked AQ or Concierge class cabins and I DO miss the flowers in the stateroom and bathroom, the red Captain's Club rose on the first formal night, the better chocolates, the fruit basket which the attendant replenished each day following your wishes ( for us: lots of grapes...) instead of 3 wrinkled apples moulding away, the sub-standard canapés you're getting now and so on and so on.

It's the first year where we haven't booked another Celebrity cruise neither on board nor via our travel agent, the definite cutbacks in so many areas as well as the inflated prices let us look elsewhere. And there ARE good cruiselines besides Celebrity even if we tend to still lurking whether the policy has changed to the better again.

Also, I don't know if you've noticed but there is now a delivery charge for room service between 11pm and 6am.

Again, like the water, I don't know if it affects us but it's just another expectation that we booked under that has been taken away.

Also told there is no longer priority tendering for Elites and free dry cleaning has been cut from 2 items to 1.

As someone else said - it's just chip, chipping away.

Each thing by itself is small and I have no desire to keep a running list but the last two years have seen an awful lot of changes - and none of them for the good.

DO they think we don't notice? OR do they just not care?

Final payment has been made on our next cruise - after that ??????? :(

Just got off the phone with Celebrity (a wine problem on my last 2 cruises) and mentioned the no water in Aqua and she said....... Ready??? This was discontinued last year! Iv'e been here a year and it was stopped before I got here! We told her to come here and read the thread! I just said thank you and hung up. No more calling Celebrity with any of my concerns, does no good...If I have to order 25 glasses of wine a night to find one decent one that's what I'll do. I have 4 cruises booked (3 CC and 1 sunset verandah) that I won't cancel but after that it's Royal Caribbean where at least they don't pretend to be 'modern luxury'...

One more thing to Celebrity and your modern luxury to ALL customers tell it to the maitre d' in Murano who told us we had to wait to get in Blu because we didn't pay $20,000 for a suite! Gods honest truth that is a quote. I though my boyfriends head was going to explode! We have around 30 cruises with Celebrity and RCL!

Edited by riredsox

Just a note.

Do all of you who are switching to Royal Caribbean and Azamara know that it's the same corporation as Celebrity so the heads in Corporate are probably fine with that.

Really? Surely you jest? Oh well, they really don't want to go no where else any who!

Hope you and yours have a Happy happy Karen!

EW

Edited by wallie5446

Just a note.

Do all of you who are switching to Royal Caribbean and Azamara know that it's the same corporation as Celebrity so the heads in Corporate are probably fine with that.

Yes of course we know this! We are not new to cruising. RCL is less expensive and I know what to expect and am never dissapointed. I started with Celebrity and always expected more from them but now unless your in a suite you are nothing...

But if you take your money away from Celebrity, and give it to Azamara or Royal Caribbean, you're still giving it to Celebrity! We need to hit them where they hurt, in their pocketbooks.

We, too, were happy with Princess for a long time before we found X, it's time to go revisit them.

You're right, it's not about the money. It is about another thing to complain about. This is much ado about a few bottles of water.

Maybe they will take away something you paid for to be included in your booking....like attendant service, chairs on your balcony, linens., 3 meals to 2....access to the shows...

same idea!

But if you take your money away from Celebrity, and give it to Azamara or Royal Caribbean, you're still giving it to Celebrity! We need to hit them where they hurt, in their pocketbooks.

We, too, were happy with Princess for a long time before we found X, it's time to go revisit them.

Originally Posted by dennbr9

My choice will be more Princess.

Can always go back to doing some Holland America also

Hi guys..

maybe we'll see you on Princess

hcat and Sal

As will we! :)

What a condescending and dismissive attitude towards customers who are upset they won't be getting what they contracted for!

I had the same response when I first read the post, and that response has continued when I re-read it. Glad to know that I wasn't the only one who has found it dismissive and condescending.

Just got off the phone with Celebrity (a wine problem on my last 2 cruises) and mentioned the no water in Aqua and she said....... Ready??? This was discontinued last year! Iv'e been here a year and it was stopped before I got here!

Your conversation with the Celebrity rep would be funny if it wasn't so sad. And apparently I was hallucinating when we received daily delivery of bottled water on the October 2nd and October 15th sailings on the Equinox.

Your conversation with the Celebrity rep would be funny if it wasn't so sad. And apparently I was hallucinating when we received daily delivery of bottled water on the October 2nd and October 15th sailings on the Equinox.

I wonder what was in that water during October? I thought it was extra good! Infinity had lots of it!

Uh oh

sorry to have just read that Princess is having it's own "Watergate"

...removing water from certain packages and having staff hawk water in the dinng rooms, and before excursions...

Must be alot of profit in water sales!