No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

If you book a basic cabin, the amenities are outlined on the website.

If you go up the ladder, and usually PAY MORE, more and better amenities are outlined.

Our beef is that we booked under one set of rules, and now are having them taken away.

It doesn't matter if you booked a beverage package or not (we do not, see below), but I fully expect to get what I was promised when I booked. I will accept a reasonable compensation in lieu of that, but I'm not going to just lay down and say "oh well, no more water, no more sparkling wine, no more whatever was on the list when I booked"...just "changing times".

Change them with FUTURE bookings, but don't take away what was promised when we did book.

And no, we do NOT buy a beverage package. Why should we? We were supposed to get water in the cabin, Elite cocktails, and we like to CHOOSE the nice bottles of wine we want for dinner. We do not WANT a beverage package under those conditions. That is enough fluids for us for any given day.

Do NOT take away something we already paid for!!!!

What's the big deal? Almost everyone in AQ has a beverage package perk. Just pick up a bottle at any bar on the way back to the room.

That is not true---we have never had a beverage package and plan to book Aqua on every cruise. I will miss the water!!!!

Which other cruise line offers free bottled water? Book with a drink package perk and you can have all the free bottled water you wish.

You are missing the point here. I don't care what other cruise lines offer free bottled water. I have cruised Celebrity loyally for over 20 years. As Petey Mil said, it's the principle of the thing. When I booked (and paid extra for) AQ class I expected to receive all the things Celebrity promised for that class of cabin. Now I'm finding out they have been removed in a very sneaky way. THAT IS NOT RIGHT!!

Maybe some of us don't want to book the drink package because it would be a waste for us. A premium water package would cost us $42.56 CDN/day plus tip for 2. On a 44 day cruise that amounts to quite a pile!

Edited by TeaBag

AQ is the spa class on Celebrity ... it comes with a higher fare than balcony rooms, but includes certain extra perks, like PG, Relaxataion Rm., special spa shower,

There have been many cruises where an a2 is the same price as a C2. Celebrity....this is a serious failure because it means that the Aqua perks aren't worth anything to many. Someone should really think about that when the suite myopia ends.

I agree, one often sees the aqua cabins being sold for the same price or less than the C2s on many sailings. I can see this probably being the start of the gradual elimination of Aqua. It must be costing X more to provide these extras than just offering them as Concierge class cabins: providing the extra facilities for the Persian Gardens when they could be selling those spa packages as an extra, and also providing the separate dining in Blu, when they could use that space as another fee paying specialty restaurant. Even more so now they have removed the Captain's Table from out of the MDR, so providing further space/tables for additional guests. Many posts on various threads have prophesied that X is venturing towards a Select only dining system - it would probably work under these circumstances ;).

This was all discussed in another thread a few months ago and it definitely makes me wonder whether they will bother with Aqua on the new builds. Apparently there will be a higher ratio of suites, so all the other categories could be grouped together and offered the more intimate 'dynamic' dining experience in a less formal dining (more chic) environment. If the designers get it right from the drawing board, they won't have to offer Aqua class with all the extras for often a lesser amount than Concierge ;).

It appears that the 'perks' list is definitely decreasing. Is the removal of some of the 'trivial' items just the start? Is the way forward that 2 tier AI system where all cabins are basically the same, except for the suites, and you're just paying extra for the location, location, location :confused:?

We have stayed with Celebrity because of AQ and BLU.....love the solarium, gym and spa services.. and some of the E+ perks like laundry, internet, special events...AQ with BLU was a wonderful concept...serving as a model for an enhanced suite dining experience.,.

But the demograhics on board have changed.....and now some perks areb being removed bit by bit. We hope to enjoy our 3 future booked cruises on X but are also exploring Princess and Azamara.,,and our fav all inclusive..

I will send a written protest about the water as suggested, but seems we are not getting very far..,,no post at all by Celebrity Cruises..beyond repetition of the de valued perks list

also strikes me as odd that non AQ cruisers seem happy we are losing our perks..,why would they even care as it does not affect them..,other than when we add to bar congestion when we get our water....

Anyhow..happy sails to all...

I agree with hcat - many posters say "who cares" but they are not booked in AQ!

And I also agree with Villauk, I think X has decided AQ was an expensive mistake and will start to devalue more and more the perks until no one wants to book it any more.

Fair enough, a business decision on their part.

DOES NOT CHANGE...do NOT take away what we were promised and PAID for now!

AQ is the spa class on Celebrity ... it comes with a higher fare than balcony rooms, but includes certain extra perks, like PG, Relaxataion Rm., special spa shower, limited room occupancy up to 2, , outstanding dining in BLU and up til now Daily Delivery of Bottled Water...

We have a drink package but dislike losing perks we paid for when we booked....esp when other booking classes are gaining perks.....

It's the principle and the convenience; and for those without a package, an extra cost... and not everyone enjoys or can tolerate tap water...not dragging my Brita filtration system onboard! TSA might love that!

I understand. But the drink package includes bottled water, you can get several a day. I do agree if it was a perk when booked it should be honored.

We don't all book a drink package!!

Exactly. I said right from the beginning that the "free" drink pkg included in the price of the fare would be the end of Celebrity as we knew it. They have to recoup this loss of income some way and it has now shown up in much increased prices and cutbacks. So sorry I was right.

On our recent AmaWaterways river cruise, everyone was commenting on the bottle build-up in our cabins. We did ask the steward to ease up, but it didn't change anything. So when we saw the cart in the hallway we un-stocked our cabin. Had to do this a few times!

Nice. That's practical thinking! :-)

Exactly. I said right from the beginning that the "free" drink pkg included in the price of the fare would be the end of Celebrity as we knew it. They have to recoup this loss of income some way and it has now shown up in much increased prices and cutbacks. So sorry I was right.

With 2 new ships being built, and 2 more ordered, it looks like Celebrity has moved to what more of the over one million that sail every year want it to be.

Not just the finances...the demographics as well... inclusive drinks have drawn a different crowd....sorry to say but there's a big emphasis on the bars now....

we still find our happy litle niche...for me it is a great spa vacation...for now...spas on Princess and Cunard are awesome!

Nice digression but let's focus on our AQ perks....as long as we can get them!

Edited by hcat

What's the big deal? Almost everyone in AQ has a beverage package perk. Just pick up a bottle at any bar on the way back to the room.
If "almost everyone in AQ has a beverage package perk" then it should cost "almost"

nothing to retain and so what's the point in doing this .

Edited by richstowe

I don't buy a drink package. When I booked my aqua class room, the water was promised. It isn't the water, it's the principle.

I do not think anyone could disagree with that statement. I am amazed that Celebrity appears to be making this change. A 24 bottle case of water probably cost Celebrity less than $3.

I suspect the drinks package is key to Celebrities decision, but not because 'everyone' has the drinks package but because they want to encourage as many people as possible to purchase the drinks package. The way to do that is raise individual drink prices and limit to the greatest extent possible free drinks across the ship giving the drinks package a greater perceived value. Eliminating daily water bottles in Aqua and likely very soon the free bottle of bubbly are all steps towards that end.

In terms of eliminating perks/benefits, everyone seems to forget that the CC universe and similar vocal groups are a small subset of the cruising population. It's likely easier for Celebrity to ignore grandfathering booking time benefits but instead onboard or through captain's club grant back the benefit to the tiny population who complain and demand satisfaction be it daily water bottles, specialty meals for suites etc... Most people are first time cruises on celebrity and many who book don't focus on each and every amenity and thus are not aware of them they grade on their overall experience.

We got off Reflection last Saturday, 12/5. While onboard in AQ I noticed that we were not getting the daily water and asked our cabinet attendant about it. He apologized and said that it was a recent change. We've sailed AQ multiple times and we definitely noticed the "nickel/dime" changes. The large bath towels were gone...replaced by shappy, frayed ones. Far from modern luxury. X has definitely changed, and not for the better. I can see why some are now calling it SELLebrity. We're cancelling our March Silhouette family cruise and have booked a land based vacation. We have a couple others on the books...not sure we'll be taking them.

On the positive side, service in Blu was outstanding, the ship is beautiful and well maintained, and X's smoking policy is a huge positive.

Elizabeth

Has anyone expressed their feelings on Facebook? If several people bothered to post how they are annoyed at not being given what they paid for X will take note.

Many new cruisers will view their Facebook page and if they see that X has several dissatisfied customers who have been 'ripped off' then they will respond.

As has been said previously, this forum is only a small part of the cruise world. No point complaining on here when their official account ignores 95% + of questions posed to them. Use Facebook and Twitter to ensure they get the message.

After all, they constantly bang on about how they listen to customer feedback, so should welcome your comments!

Has anyone expressed their feelings on Facebook? If several people bothered to post how they are annoyed at not being given what they paid for X will take note.

Many new cruisers will view their Facebook page and if they see that X has several dissatisfied customers who have been 'ripped off' then they will respond.

As you're in the UK, tell X you'll be claiming the cost of water in the Small Claims Court on the grounds of breach of contract. Also you'll tell Trading Standards over misleading advertising.

Stuart

We don't all book a drink package!!

I agree that if free water was a perk when booked, then X needs to honor that perk. My response was to the poster who admitted that they had the drink package but was talking about having to bring a Britta water filter onboard.

What I would do is order the water delivered to my cabin. Then I would put in a grievance with the credit card company why I wasn't paying. Of course I would have all the documentation to prove it.

Cap Club Rep said her info has not been updated in about a month...but she now sees on the website "Welcome Water." She believes savories (formerly canapes ) included but not sure,,She also looked at the thread on cruise critic...

Rep advised it is not a Cap Club issue so she would not be able to do anything to clarify, etc and advised me to send a written inquiry/complaint to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

Not aware of that e address but she said if it receives something in writing, there will be a response..so???????

I wrote today. I will let everyone know if and when I receive a reply.

Cynthia

As has been said previously, this forum is only a small part of the cruise world. No point complaining on here when their official account ignores 95% + of questions posed to them. Use Facebook and Twitter to ensure they get the message.

After all, they constantly bang on about how they listen to customer feedback, so should welcome your comments!

This was suggested several postings ago. Very few from this board have posted on Facebook. On the Facebook page it is listed under viewers post, very small print. Keep posting, people other than the CC Community do pull up Celebrity's Facebook page. So far Celebrity who monitors the CC boards & Facebook has been ignoring all the dissatisfaction of posters regarding the removal of the daily water from Aqua. Celebrity already reversed it's decision regarding taking away the dinners in speciality restaurants for Sky & CS. Now if you booked before 1/1/16 you still retained that perk. Celebrity taking away a perk that was promised at booking is going to have people wondering if you will take other perks from them before they cruise, this could become a trust issue with the brand.

Hmmmmmm.... I could never see the attraction of AQ but that's 'cos I'm old, fat and enjoy my food and wine too much rather than being drawn to a holiday experience that revolves around much of what I would have avoided even when I was younger and as fit as a butcher's dog. Having said that, I've found there's always something tasty to eat in Blu and it's by far the best place to go for breakfast, even if you wanted a fry up.

The bottom line is that if the OP booked under one set of conditions, that's what they should get. I thought I was in the same boat, booked for next year in a CS suite with two free specialty dining slots but these are now all gone from 1/1/2016 according to the website and I expected a problem. However, I checked with my TA yesterday and she has booked us the two slots in advance, as usual, no problem.

It sounds like the Celebrity admin system isn't smart enough to know who booked what and when and some jobsworth at HQ has ended up deleting something (that costs peanuts to provide anyway) from all and sundry, not just recent bookings. The Guest Services Manager on board should have been all over this and sorted it straight away. Unless....... perhaps ....... they just forgot or failed to load enough of the big bottles of water before sailing and the bean counters at HQ are getting the blame? Just a thought.

Edited by Chunky2219
typo

I agree with the poster who said that the ultimate reason for all the cuts is... free beverage packages.

So we are losing our promised water to make up for lost alcohol profits?????

Maybe they also sold off the really plush AQ towels ( once promised but now replaced with scratchy, ripped , stained and frayed) for same reason?..

Looking forward to some word back from X...we have 3 booked in AQ...cabin location not the greatest in AQ, but perks have been worth the trade off..