No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

I really cannot believe that there are 8 pages of discussion about this very trivial issue. You are very lucky people if all that is troubling you is having to go down the hall the get a bottle of water is . I really think perspective is needed here.

I really cannot believe that there are 8 pages of discussion about this very trivial issue. You are very lucky people if all that is troubling you is having to go down the hall the get a bottle of water is . I really think perspective is needed here.

I don't consider losing the Welcome Bottle of Sparkling Wine, fruit bowl, daily delivery of water, afternoon savories and reduction of activities staff from 5 to 1 as being trivial.

You're absolutely right until a change effects you! I guess if they take away the onion soup, bread sticks, pool towels and start to charge for hamburgers at the pool grill....those would also be trivial...right?

Try to remember that those in aqua paid extra for the amenities...all of them. I think celebrity should deliver what they sell...like almost every other business.

A good part of the issue is that celebrity shows absolutely no interest in treating their passengers as anything more than a wallet....just no interest in building a loyal customer base unless you are a suite customer. I think many would agree with my feeling that celebrity could care less if I ever booked another cruise with them.

Edited by ghstudio

You're absolutely right until a change effects you! I guess if they take away the onion soup, bread sticks, pool towels and start to charge for hamburgers at the pool grill....those would also be trivial...right?

Try to remember that those in aqua paid extra for the amenities...all of them. I think celebrity should deliver what they sell...like almost every other business.

A good part of the issue is that celebrity shows absolutely no interest in treating their passengers as anything more than a wallet....just no interest in building a loyal customer base unless you are a suite customer. I think many would agree with my feeling that celebrity could care less if I ever booked another cruise with them.

Well said, and to add to it, the poster you quoted apparently doesn't realize this is one of many cutbacks.

I will be calling tomorrow to complain about the change in perks from the time of booking to now (it's after 5 in Miami right now so would rather wait).

But what is the best department to call? Don't think it's Captain's Club, since anyone can book an AQ room, but also don't want to just talk to a vacation planner, they are there to book your cruise, not handle issues...so who?

The water, while seemingly insignificant, is really important to me. As are the what used to be included Concierge Class perks. YOU are the ones who created this new Aqua Class, why create it and then dilute it so soon? (yes, pun intended)

Which brings me to the logical conclusion, Celebrity...why not just reinstate the darn water, how can all this negativity be good for business? Was it really such an enormous cost savings (I mean, really, how many AQ staterooms are there on any ship comparatively speaking to the whole total), that it was worth this ill will?

I called Captains Club, apparently they are getting some calls on this, best to concentrate on one department.

But see, we didn't get this feeling at all on the Equinox over Thanksgiving.

In our Roll Call group we had some seasoned cruisers sailing their 1st time. 1 has posted that they don't think Celebrity was a good fit for them, mainly do to lack of activities. Others really liked it, while 1 Lady who sails Princess wont be back no matter.

I do understand and get the reason for being upset, something was included, that is now not there, but still available elsewhere for a fee.

We have been back for 10 days and have gotten 2-3 email's about booking again, along with the survey. They are chasing us 60 yr old's that have sailed with them for over 20 years pretty hard.;) to come back. Oh, this was the highest cat cabin, A2, we have ever booked.

EW

But see, we didn't get this feeling at all on the Equinox over Thanksgiving.

In our Roll Call group we had some seasoned cruisers sailing their 1st time. 1 has posted that they don't think Celebrity was a good fit for them, mainly do to lack of activities. Others really liked it, while 1 Lady who sails Princess wont be back no matter.

I do understand and get the reason for being upset, something was included, that is now not there, but still available elsewhere for a fee.

We have been back for 10 days and have gotten 2-3 email's about booking again, along with the survey. They are chasing us 60 yr old's that have sailed with them for over 20 years pretty hard.;) to come back. Oh, this was the highest cat cabin, A2, we have ever booked.

EW

I don't consider a selling email as caring much.....you are now just part of their database. Now if someone ever called to discuss my survey answers, I would consider that caring....if I even got a follow up to the survey, I might consider that....but some "give us more money" emails...nope, sorry...this isn't showing any interest in me. Yes, we're elite plus and mostly book aqua class....but we leave tomorrow and we are in a 1a, not Aqua. Aqua wasn't worth the price...we can do unlimited dining for about the same price...and as everyone should know by now, other than the shower and heated mirror, the cabins are identical.

If celebrity wants to maintain a price differential for Aqua, then they shouldn't be taking away the water, they actually should be adding perks that are meaningful. There have been many cruises where an a2 is the same price as a C2. Celebrity....this is a serious failure because it means that the Aqua perks aren't worth anything to many. Someone should really think about that when the suite myopia ends.

With everything I have read in this thread, why is this still listed under the cabin description of Aqua class cabins??

AquaClass services include: daily delivery of bottled water and tea, priority check-in, express luggage delivery, priority disembarkation based on travel plans, and complimentary shoeshine service. Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring clean cuisine; that also serves complimentary, full-service breakfast every day. Upgraded room service menu.

This is how it is presented in the cabin descriptions on the agent expresso site! Just wondering if this is fact? If I was telling a client these perks with Aqua class and they did not get them...?? Of course not sure what "clean cuisine is??" :rolleyes:

"Celebrity & Sky suites receive 1 free specialty dining for 7 night cruises and 2 for 8 or more nights, provided the cruise was booked before 1/1/16. Starting then, they have eliminated this perk for CS & SS, but they've given a free bottle of water on embarkation day.*"

above is quoted from another thread ..& poster..could not get the name copied here....but looks like they are cutting AQ DAILY WATER and giving a welcome bottle to suites.....after taking away their specialty dining. Seems really cheapo to me! Wonder if modern luxury is really a good tag line?

I don't consider losing the Welcome Bottle of Sparkling Wine, fruit bowl, daily delivery of water, afternoon savories and reduction of activities staff from 5 to 1 as being trivial.

I agree that's it's not just the one thing, it's the slow (seemingly calculated) erosion of little things , one at a time, that add up to a general shift in the whole experience.

I bet they're hoping we troublemakers just go away!

Honestly, why should I go PAY for a bottle of water when I thought I already PAID for it when I booked AQ?

People who booked Aqua were promised daily bottles of water and Celebrity has decided to take away the perk. My problem is now a trust issue, what other perks that we were promised at booking will Celebrity be taking away from us before we cruise?

We just got off the Summit in AQ. We noticed the same thing. I never said anything as I figured I was making a stink about something small and we had the beverage package.

Then they charged me for water I didn't drink. Pretty sad to nickle and dime as operational costs have gone down and customer costs have gone up.

Just got off the phone with the Captain's Club, and while she was very sympathetic and understanding, she said there is nothing she could do.

However, she did remind me of the taking away/bringing back of the pillow chocolates, and said that came about because of the overwhelming calls and e-mails Corporate got about the situation, and gave me this e-mail address to send complaints about the current Aqua Class situation:

celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

She said put "Attn: Corporate" in the subject line, and then state our issues.

Hope this helps.

The pillow chocolates returned? All right :D Look forward on having them again on next weeks cruise.

I never understood the taking of the pillow chocolates, such a very minor practically no cost perk.

The water, I can kind understand, its bulky and takes up space. On my past cruises in Aqua often by the end of the cruise I have 8-10 bottles on the desk. I will miss it and rather have the water over the chocolates. Always take a bottle or two when going ashore. I don't get the beverage package.

Edited by Banjo

The pillow chocolates returned? All right :D Look forward on having them again on next weeks cruise.

I never understood the taking of the pillow chocolates, such a very minor practically no cost perk.

The water, I can kind understand, its bulky and takes up space. On my past cruises in Aqua often by the end of the cruise I have 8-10 bottles on the desk. I will miss it and rather have the water over the chocolates. Always take a bottle or two when going ashore. I don't get the beverage package.

The chocolates came back because the removal of them was the most frequent complaint, by a wide margin.

The chocolates came back because the removal of them was the most frequent complaint, by a wide margin.

Yes, they brought them back, but they're 1/2 the size. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised they cut back on the AQ water -- water's cheap.

If I felt there was too much water being delivered I'd just let the steward know that you don't need more.

The steward we had on the Reflection left a few bottles and replenished them as needed.

If all you poster's want the perks returned that you already were promised when you booked; call Captain's Club (lots of calls do matter), post on social media, e-mail the above address. If you don't let your voice be heard Celebrity has no need to make any changes.

I e-mailed X yesterday. Got and automated respond. I am not holding my breath to see a respond. Time will tell. I will post if X reply.

I didn't know we can get a bottle of water down the hall.............. where is down the hall?:rolleyes: