No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

We were on the Equinox Nov 20th thru the 30th in a Aqua 2 cabin.

Was there a bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin? Just asking as I thought one was included and seeing reports of it going/gone away. We sail in Jan and we've used the bottle for mimosas.

Thanks!

The Celebrity Cruises poster gives out only facts, does not give opinions and is probably a number of people posting under that name. I appreciate their comments however this is definitely a change, another nail in the coffin for us and Celebrity. Not a game breaker but it is getting there.

Customers are owed an explanation/reason for this change in a long-standing Aqua Class perk. Daily bottled water was a perk for Aqua Class from the introduction of Aqua Class. This is a major change for us, and I agree with your statement that it is "another nail in the coffin for us and Celebrity."

Was there a bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin? Just asking as I thought one was included and seeing reports of it going/gone away. We sail in Jan and we've used the bottle for mimosas.

Thanks!

Few weeks ago we came off Silhouette TA - AQ. Still had bottle of whatever that was- we couldn't drink it, it was verrrrry dry. Still had fruit ( mostly apples), no white bag with sleepers ( they said that they didn't get shipment).

No flowers.

I agree - It seems that it is one way street. Booking is an agreement where I agree to pay for certain amenities, but it seems that X doesn't feel the need to honor that agreement. Again, how is that a modern luxury?

Not the end of the world, but very disappointing...

Booked our May 2016 trip in November 2014, before they took the AQ amenities away, if they were replacing them with something nice, I'd be fine with it, but honestly, this is another of those "death by a thousand cuts" moments for Celebrity.

Like others, I didn't receive the little white mesh bag with the lip balm, foot spray etc., on our last cruise, the story was that they did not receive their shipment... only one pair slippers provided, & I had to ask for those.

The really nice dark blue bag... again, they were all out, but attendant searched & found one for me... much appreciated.

I have my 2017 Europe cruise picked out, but I won't be booking it when I'm onboard next week, for the first time, Celebrity won't have my money for two years in advance, watching the pricing structure of the last 12 months or so, & checking out the last minute bargains, I'm going to take the gamble of buying my airfare ahead, but booking the cruise after final payment when pricing comes down.

I still love Celebrity's beautiful ships, but I don't know if they value their non suite customers anymore...

We'll be mainly staying on the ship next week on the Silhouette, I plan on enjoying myself & having a terrific time, but I'm also gong to be paying attention & deciding if it's time to maybe brach out to other lines, HAL has a beautiful new ship coming out & they may get us for 2017.

We are not on the social media sites...but curious if the AQ perk changes are being discussed

Perhaps someone can let us know....seems Celebrity Cruises post there daily .Suite guests have well represented themselves in getting some of their perks restored and perhaps some added...

We pay extra for grats in AQ but not sure why..other than BLU staff...

I agree - It seems that it is one way street. Booking is an agreement where I agree to pay for certain amenities, but it seems that X doesn't feel the need to honor that agreement. Again, how is that a modern luxury?

Not the end of the world, but very disappointing...

Go on the Celebrity's Facebook Page and tell them how you feel about perks you were promised at booking are now taken away. I feel the way to approach this matter is directly on their Facebook page for all to see. As you know the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and all these posts on CC didn't seem to affect Celebrity at all.

Every person that has posted on this tread needs to pick up the phone and call the Captain's Club Rep and complain - like I just did.

The Rep stated that if people don't call and complain then corporate doesn't get the message (not that I believe they give a fig) but perhaps if enough people complained this would be re thought.

A while back they took away my 2 free dinners for the Celebrity Suite for the Panama Canal cruise 2017 that I booked over 2 yrs in advance. I did get X to give those back to us but I'm sick of booking cruises 2 years out and before I get on the ship the amenities have been down graded. While we will finally be Elite after our Alaska cruise -- I am doubtful that 2018 will be on a Celebrity ship. :mad:

I know this isn't that helpful, but you see these conversations play out on every cruise line, some with more frequency than others (with NCL it's about one major bait-and-switch per week), but generally the trend is 'pay more get less', and what was offered when you booked doesn't matter because it's not covered by any contract.

Having lurked around here for a while and observed this to be true across all mass market lines, I've reached two conclusions:

1) Brand loyalty is worth nothing.

2) I will not be doing the one thing cruise lines desperately want me to do, which is book years in advance.

Thanks!

Yes there was, and our Steward got it changed out for a bottle of red wine at no added cost.

And in all 3 cabins in our group, we had the white mess bag full of the 'stuff', 2 pair of slippers, blue bag, and chocolates every night.

Edited by wallie5446

Under UK consumer law, the Small Claims Court would almost certainly find in a claimant's favour if the water was promised at the time of booking but subsequently removed. Were I in that situation, I'd warn X that I'd be using the court to reclaim the cost of all water purchased. And then do it.

Stuart

What's the big deal? Almost everyone in AQ has a beverage package perk. Just pick up a bottle at any bar on the way back to the room.

What about those that aren't on a beverage "perk"?

Just when does it become a big deal?

Yes there was, and our Steward got it changed out for a bottle of red wine at no added cost.

And in all 3 cabins in our group, we had the white mess bag full of the 'stuff', 2 pair of slippers, blue bag, and chocolates every night.

It seems the white mesh bags are hit or miss, so my wife bring the one from a previous cruise. They are great for taking some of her stuff when you visit the Solarium.

It seems the white mesh bags are hit or miss, so my wife bring the one from a previous cruise. They are great for taking some of her stuff when you visit the Solarium.

Thanks for the reminder...packing mine today!

Every person that has posted on this tread needs to pick up the phone and call the Captain's Club Rep and complain - like I just did.

The Rep stated that if people don't call and complain then corporate doesn't get the message (not that I believe they give a fig) but perhaps if enough people complained this would be re thought.

A while back they took away my 2 free dinners for the Celebrity Suite for the Panama Canal cruise 2017 that I booked over 2 yrs in advance. I did get X to give those back to us but I'm sick of booking cruises 2 years out and before I get on the ship the amenities have been down graded. While we will finally be Elite after our Alaska cruise -- I am doubtful that 2018 will be on a Celebrity ship. :mad:

I will call them now...is there a good e mail address we can se as well? Not on fb so can't register an opinion there..

The Wayback machine / internet archive is a wonderful site. I just pulled up the Aquaclass amenities description page. It has a snapshot from the week I booked (last year). It clearly states "Daily delivery of bottled water and tea."

We sail on Saturday. I fully intend to ask why the perks as written when I booked are not being honored.

The archive has very few snapshots for 2015. The last version to mention daily water was on Mar-17-2015. The next version, Sep-05-2015 shows only tea.

Cap Club Rep said her info has not been updated in about a month...but she now sees on the website "Welcome Water." She believes savories (formerly canapes ) included but not sure,,She also looked at the thread on cruise critic...

Rep advised it is not a Cap Club issue so she would not be able to do anything to clarify, etc and advised me to send a written inquiry/complaint to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

Not aware of that e address but she said if it receives something in writing, there will be a response..so???????

Customers are owed an explanation/reason for this change in a long-standing Aqua Class perk. Daily bottled water was a perk for Aqua Class from the introduction of Aqua Class. This is a major change for us, and I agree with your statement that it is "another nail in the coffin for us and Celebrity."

I'm not disagreeing with you just throwing it out there that if you check their posts they do not give opinions just facts.

I do agree about calling the Captains Club.

As for them eliminating the perk, I am guessing without researching that there is something on the website or in the contract which states they have the right to make changes. If they don't have it they are not to bright, it would be common sense to have it somewhere in writing.

From X website: Water is still listed

All staterooms include:

Services

Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1

Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)

Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets

Dining

24 hour room service

Amenities

Robe

Complimentary tote bag

Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs

Water/wine glasses

Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and 100% pure cotton linens

Hair dryer

Stateroom Features

Private mini-bar*

Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*

Private safe

Dual voltage 110/220AC outlets

*Additional charges apply.

In addition, AquaClass® staterooms include:

Services

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange Spa treatments

Welcome bottled water

Daily delivery of flavored tea

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

Plush bathrobes

Slippers

On-demand wellness programming

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® shower panel

Fog-free mirror

CELEBRITY. THE FLEET.

Celebrity. The Fleet

Our 11 ships are built to make your vacation everything you wanted-and then some.

Edited by ISABELLA

All staterooms include:

Services

Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1

Dining

24 hour room service

Amenities

Robe

Complimentary tote bag

Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs

Water/wine glasses

Celebrity eXhale[emoji769] bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and 100% pure cotton linens

Hair dryer

Stateroom Features

Private mini-bar*

Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*

Private safe

In addition, AquaClass[emoji768] staterooms include:

Services

Welcome bottled water

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Dining

Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

Amenities

Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Plush bathrobes

Slippers

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe[emoji768] shower panel

Fog-free mirror

CELEBRITY. THE FLEET.

Celebrity. The Fleet

Our 11 ships are built to make your vacation everything you wanted-and then some.

Isabella, the old language was "Daily delivery of bottled water and tea".

All staterooms include:

Services

Dining

24 hour room service

Amenities

Robe

Complimentary tote bag

Water/wine glasses

Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and 100% pure cotton linens

Hair dryer

Stateroom Features

Private mini-bar*

Private safe

In addition, AquaClass® staterooms include:

Services

Welcome bottled water

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Dining

Amenities

Aromatherapy diffuser

Pillow menu

Plush bathrobes

Slippers

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® shower panel

Fog-free mirror

CELEBRITY. THE FLEET.

Celebrity. The Fleet

Right, as you underlined "Welcome bottled water", NOT daily bottled water as it was phrased previously. See the initial posts referencing a memo with a change in policy date...

Also I do NOT see savories on the list...and the robes are for use, not keeps...

Hoping Celebrity Cruises will join in and say it isn't so....maybe they will remove water glasses after the welcome water bottle is used.,.,.

I will call them now...is there a good e mail address we can se as well? Not on fb so can't register an opinion there..

Cap Club Rep said her info has not been updated in about a month...but she now sees on the website "Welcome Water." She believes savories (formerly canapes ) included but not sure,,She also looked at the thread on cruise critic...

Rep advised it is not a Cap Club issue so she would not be able to do anything to clarify, etc and advised me to send a written inquiry/complaint to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

Not aware of that e address but she said if it receives something in writing, there will be a response..so???????

If all you poster's want the perks returned that you already were promised when you booked; call Captain's Club (lots of calls do matter), post on social media, e-mail the above address. If you don't let your voice be heard Celebrity has no need to make any changes.

We just did a b2b on Reflection 11/21 and 11/28 and we were told only 2 bottles of water for each week. We had the beverage package but it meant that we had to bring a bottle of water back to our room each night. The one good thing was that we had ice delivered to our ice bucket twice a day without having to ask for it. We don't drink a lot of tea but I did notice that if we didn't drink it one day no one bothered to change it for a new one. I really don't know how long you can let it stand out like that.

Pat

Hi Pat

good to hear about ice twice a day....but not happy about the water limits

I did notice that the tea would linger....did not care for any of the flavors anyhow, .we ask that they remove it..,can use the space for something else!

hcat

I will be calling tomorrow to complain about the change in perks from the time of booking to now (it's after 5 in Miami right now so would rather wait).

But what is the best department to call? Don't think it's Captain's Club, since anyone can book an AQ room, but also don't want to just talk to a vacation planner, they are there to book your cruise, not handle issues...so who?

The water, while seemingly insignificant, is really important to me. As are the what used to be included Concierge Class perks. YOU are the ones who created this new Aqua Class, why create it and then dilute it so soon? (yes, pun intended)

Which brings me to the logical conclusion, Celebrity...why not just reinstate the darn water, how can all this negativity be good for business? Was it really such an enormous cost savings (I mean, really, how many AQ staterooms are there on any ship comparatively speaking to the whole total), that it was worth this ill will?