No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

Totally agree! Yes X "Save the Waves"

They should encourage guest to fill bottles with water vs buy them and toss them in the garbage. Instead, you are forbidden to fill water bottles...they are putting water filling stations in airports, dorms, and other places, why not on a cruise ship? Nobody is wrapping their mouth on these filling stations passing germs!

ARGHHHH. When we cruised Uniworld they gave us nice refillable insulated water bottle to reuse on the trip. Was a great feature. They had a nice bottle in the room with filtered water we could use to refill them or anywhere else on the ship as we pleased. No signs warning us to NOT fill our bottles.

They should encourage guest to fill bottles with water vs buy them and toss them in the garbage. Instead, you are forbidden to fill water bottles...they are putting water filling stations in airports, dorms, and other places, why not on a cruise ship? Nobody is wrapping their mouth on these filling stations passing germs!

ARGHHHH. When we cruised Uniworld they gave us nice refillable insulated water bottle to reuse on the trip. Was a great feature. They had a nice bottle in the room with filtered water we could use to refill them or anywhere else on the ship as we pleased. No signs warning us to NOT fill our bottles.

Not 100% following you. I think the issue is that some people WOULD put the "mouth" of their personal (used) water bottle right up to the spigot, because not everyone is informed.

I loved the ship water on NCL Getaway, and I kept a big water bottle with me. But I would always use a clean cup as a go-between to fill it.

I find it interesting that people are getting upset about bottled water. There was not much said when the Activities Staff was cut from 5 to 1.

Honestly, I rarely noticed the activities staff on our previous cruises. The entertainment on our October Reflection cruise was far better than anything we had on previous X cruises (where I'm assuming they had more activities staff).

This is not about bottled water. It's about cheapening the experience. Celebrity charges a premium for Aqua Class cabins and markets them as "spa inspired", yet will no longer provide water in these cabins. Kind of ironic for a cabin with the word "Aqua" in the name...

....Lets punish them by using our beverage packages to get all the free water we can carry. 2 people x 6 bottles per hour x 24 hours per day x 14 days = 4,032 bottles !!!!!!!!!

I think they would run out of water if evryone did that!!!!

Then they could replace the Art Auctions with Water Auctions. Much more popular :D

When a guest books expecting certain perks that are listed, I think it is unethical to remove those perks before guests sail. I'm so glad I've been to most of the places I've wanted to visit. Not sure how many more cruises I'll be taking, considering escalating prices and fewer and fewer benefits. Land based trips are sounding more appealing to me.

Honestly,This is not about bottled water. It's about cheapening the experience. Celebrity charges a premium for Aqua Class cabins and markets them as "spa inspired", yet will no longer provide water in these cabins. Kind of ironic for a cabin with the word "Aqua" in the name...

Well they still provide the special message shower so I guess Aqua is still an appropriate name. I agree with what you say about the marketing and how they over price the product. In my opinion it was just a way to over charge for a balcony room in a bad location of the ship. They still offer Blu and the spa which has value but I have to say that this category drops in price quite often. Many time I have seen the price fall below a C1. To me the C1 offers no perks worth paying for yet they seem to be able to fill that category.

I find it interesting that people are getting upset about bottled water. There was not much said when the Activities Staff was cut from 5 to 1.

Perhap because it was not? There was certainly more than one on our Silhouette TA last month. The activities manager was very active and busy. Seemed normal to me. We will see next month on the Eclipse.

A good use of the celebrity bag they give you in the aqua cabin :) If you have a drink package, fill the bag up with bottled water on your way to/from the pool or lunch or guest services to complain about celebrity's new "cheapness". Take a few extras...what the heck.

More than likely, they will very soon stop replacing the fruit as well...and probably drop it down to two apples on the first day.

I wonder why they have 3 pieces of fruit to begin with if only 2 share the room. It must be for aesthetics. They will probably drop it down to 2 after they read my post. Sorry Aqua guests.

I've read this thread and am confused. I sail in concierge or vernal cabins so not familiar with AQ cabins. I looked at the perks listed in a Celebrity book I received in August 2014 and it only states welcoming bottle of water not daily water. If the ship stewards were providing bottles daily it wasn't a listed perk, at least not in 2014. Still not sure why people need bottled water. I agree that it is not environmentally friendly. We either bring on a reusable water bottle or buy one and then refill with water from the cabin.

I wonder why they have 3 pieces of fruit to begin with if only 2 share the room. It must be for aesthetics. They will probably drop it down to 2 after they read my post. Sorry Aqua guests.

That's because the serving dish they have it in has 3 slots. They want to balance it out. I guess they could leave the center slot empty. :D

First thing I do is ask them to remove it. If I want fruit, I'll get something up at the buffet.

I've read this thread and am confused. I sail in concierge or vernal cabins so not familiar with AQ cabins. I looked at the perks listed in a Celebrity book I received in August 2014 and it only states welcoming bottle of water not daily water. If the ship stewards were providing bottles daily it wasn't a listed perk, at least not in 2014. Still not sure why people need bottled water. I agree that it is not environmentally friendly. We either bring on a reusable water bottle or buy one and then refill with water from the cabin.

Just got off AQ on Silhouette. Got water bottles replenished every day. Environmentally friendly is not an issue for me -- if it were, I wouldn't be cruising or flying to my cruise port of embarkation.

Every liquid in the supermarket from soft drinks to laundry detergent come in a plastic bottle. I don't understand why bottled water gets such attention for being environmentally unfriendly. I guess the marketing campaign that Brita uses to sell water filtraion has worked as well as Celebrity's Aqua marketing strategy for selling rooms located under the pool and buffet for a premium price.

That's because the serving dish they have it in has 3 slots. They want to balance it out. I guess they could leave the center slot empty. :D

First thing I do is ask them to remove it. If I want fruit, I'll get something up at the buffet.

I think one of the reasons they have green apples in the cabin is that it is one of the best ways to combat nausea in rough seas. On stormy days, I have seen waiters walking around and offering sliced green apples to everone.

Irony here.. Perhaps they will have to rename "Aqua" class ;)

Good point. I would have someone's head for making that decision considering the brand name. As noted above, since most people are on a drink package, there is no basis to take this away and the perception of having the water in your room each day based on what you paid, makes sense. Just tell the room stewards to place water in the room, if it needs to be placed there. I recall when Concierge Class when it first began, it's now reduced to nearly nothing but four lousy snacks delivered to your room.

I guess any suggestion that results in a cost cut is implemented without any input from marketing....,or marketing is afraid to tell the CEO that there's a point where folks will react. It seems that no one is really taking responsibility for maintaining the brand and level of service that supports the brand.

The cost savings from this change are probably insignificant in the total cost structure....I'd bet that if they only replenished the two bottles if they were gone, the cost saving would probably be a rounding error, even on the per cruise P&L. We have wound up with a counter full of bottled water in every aqua cabin we've booked (5 or 6).

There is still much that they can take away, for example those never changing crudites in Blu...I would have taken them away before the water...or the afternoon canapes which are only delivered if you are in your room anyway...and aren't very good.

Poor decision....should be returned as a perk the way the chocolates on the pillows reportedly have returned.

Edited by ghstudio

I think one of the reasons they have green apples in the cabin is that it is one of the best ways to combat nausea in rough seas. On stormy days, I have seen waiters walking around and offering sliced green apples to everone.

I always thought that's why they have sardines and soda crackers. :rolleyes:

Those Aqua staterooms are on the upper decks which tend to promote sickness so you may have a point.

Every liquid in the supermarket from soft drinks to laundry detergent come in a plastic bottle. I don't understand why bottled water gets such attention for being environmentally unfriendly. I guess the marketing campaign that Brita uses to sell water filtraion has worked as well as Celebrity's Aqua marketing strategy for selling rooms located under the pool and buffet for a premium price.

I don't even use a Brita filter because my tap water is fine, and I'm not what you'd consider an environmental nut. But the difference between all those other bottles and ones for water is that the ones for water are almost always wholly unnecessary if you have a source of potable water and a refillable container. Soda has to be packaged in its own single-use bottle because of the product that is inside it. Most people also don't lug their laundry detergent bottles around town and then toss them in a can where they blow out and become litter for the next 1,000 years. That one bottle of detergent also holds product that is used multiple times. Our landfills are filled with water bottles that were manufactured solely for the convenience of not having to turn on a tap and fill another drinking container (which ultimately you pay for in increased trash services cost). The epitome of waste.

Edited by bEwAbG