No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

What next?

1. water - GONE

2. Flowers - GONE

1. sleepers - next

2. chocolates - next

3. Colored water in the pitcher - don't care if it goes.

4. Afternoon canapes- next ( easily can go)

5. must pay for Persian Garden

6. must pay for dining in Blu.

After that - this category should be call Limited Modern Luxury balcony category.:rolleyes:

Edited by ISABELLA

What's the big deal? Almost everyone in AQ has a beverage package perk. Just pick up a bottle at any bar on the way back to the room.

Only one drink at a time. I cant order my rum and coke and get a bottle of water. I have to wait 10 mins to get the water. By then I'll need another rum and coke. Vicious circle.:D I just might have to go back to filling that used water bottle at the buffet.:eek:

The drink package would be my 3rd choice.

Now that's some serious penny pinching! Getting concerned as to where the cost cutting goes next.

Celebrity has also removed the free cone that came with a free gelato. One can now get gelato free in a plastic cup which needs disposal.... Save the waves savings..:rolleyes:

Another perk gone!

Can someone confirm that bottled water is included in Classic package. .?

Hope so because we have triple perks on our remaining booked Celebrity cruises!

if it is, we can pick one up around the ship in our travels....we use the classic mostly for tea, iglus, etc..this was a great perk to avoid carrying on a large pack of bottled water...hope we won't have to...

Found a list on Celeb website for Classic Bev inclusions,...says it includes non premium bottled water...downloaded a copy of the list and hope for the best!

Piclking it up ourselves around the ship will be better than lugging it onboard!

Found a list on Celeb website for Classic Bev inclusions,...says it includes non premium bottled water...downloaded a copy of the list and hope for the best!

Piclking it up ourselves around the ship will be better than lugging it onboard!

A good use of the celebrity bag they give you in the aqua cabin :) If you have a drink package, fill the bag up with bottled water on your way to/from the pool or lunch or guest services to complain about celebrity's new "cheapness". Take a few extras...what the heck.

More than likely, they will very soon stop replacing the fruit as well...and probably drop it down to two apples on the first day.

Edited by ghstudio

This sucks... I really don't like the cutbacks at all. Of course it is not about one or two bottles of water.. It is about the missing feel of luxury on holiday. Especially when you have cruised before it is almost impossible not to compare to cruises you have been on before... I like Celebrity and definitely continue to cruise on Celebrity but I have to admit I am not looking forward to our cruise as much I used to. That's because of the reviews about the food and cutbacks...

Next up: Charging for sheets and pillows for the bed. A strict 3 minutes per person for a shower. (Hot water is extra.) And a daily fee to get the door code to enter and exit your room.

Modern Luxury!

:D

If you're not into Blu, Aqua isn't worth much more than a standard balcony. Smart businesses find ways to entice customers into paying $100 more by adding $10 in "benefits". X goes the opposite route, cutting pennies which irritates customers and forces them to cut prices to sell out. Just dumb.

Lets punish them by using our beverage packages to get all the free water we can carry. 2 people x 6 bottles per hour x 24 hours per day x 14 days = 4,032 bottles !!!!!!!!!

We usually bring our own water on board, even if we are in AQ. When in Europe, we purchase a couple of 6-packs of those 1.5 liter bottles of water. My wife uses them to mix her crystal lite as they are the perfect size. In Europe they are only around $2-3 a six pack.

We've sailed on Carnival 2x, the last being June 2015.

2 liters of welcome back water were waiting for us in our inside room. We paid a bit less for that inside room than we did for our upcoming X cruise in AQ.:rolleyes:

This is so far beyond cheap that it's laughable.

What's the big deal? Almost everyone in AQ has a beverage package perk. Just pick up a bottle at any bar on the way back to the room.

You're making a bug assumption. One of the attractions (not the biggest) is the free bottled water. It means I don't have to buy the overpriced water to go on shore excursions. I don't know that I would not book Aqua because of it, but it is definitely something else to think about. Blu isn't that great that I wouldn't just start spending the extra cost on specialty restaurants.

Lets punish them by using our beverage packages to get all the free water we can carry. 2 people x 6 bottles per hour x 24 hours per day x 14 days = 4,032 bottles !!!!!!!!!

I guess I could say; "I only bath in the finest water."

I would need even more water to quench my thirst from all the trips to the bar.

Or one could give the free water out at the gangway to under cut sales of the overpriced ones!

We like AQ for other perks, BLU, PG, Relaxation rm, usually quieter and less crowded hallways,,.,,,hate the little green apples,and colored tea but appreciated the water...guess we will find a friendly bartender to get our daily two btls each!

Miss the flowers, usually bring our own as the flower shop is a restaurant now on some ships!

Hanging in but testing the "waters" on Princess...

The flowers just got in our way, never ate the fruit but I think the purpose of the green apples is that they help with seasickness, but I really liked the water (we never get the beverage package).

Maybe they can start an internal "pick your perk" within the cabins:

Choose One:

Flowers

Fruit

Water

Robes

Tea

Or maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas...

I am very sad about the no water thing.

[quote name=cybx;48463762

That being said' date=' cutting daily bottled water from AQ seems like it will be a tangible downgrade for many especially given the increased cost of an AQ room. It sometimes really is the small things that make a cruise experience more enjoyable or a step above the competition.[/quote]

So agree. We generally book Aqua Class staterooms, and have enjoyed the bottled water perk. A number of us enjoy cruises because we feel somewhat pampered and taken care of. Cutting the bottled water perk for Aqua Class is annoying, and I often wonder if folks in the Miami headquarters truly understand that it is often more expensive to recruit a new customer than to retain a satisfied repeat customer.

I'm on a charter in Feb. Zero perks and I paid a very high price for my AQ cabin. While I'm likely to buy a drinks package, I liked having the water in my cabin. This is disappointing.

I'll be in AQ for my first X cruise in a few days. I intend to ask for plain brewed iced tea in the room. I've been told this is a thing that's possible. I'll report back but my hopes aren't too high. (I should never have cruised concierge on DCL, have a feeling it's going to make service on other lines look pretty grim.)

I guess I'm so-so on this. I'm new to cruising and the nonstop cutbacks across all lines are disheartening to read about--one really feels you missed out on the golden age. But I'll have a lot of OBC and I was going to do the premium non booze package, and since I enjoy a lot of random ship wandering I suppose I'll just stock up as I move around.

I'll be in AQ for my first X cruise in a few days. I intend to ask for plain brewed iced tea in the room. I've been told this is a thing that's possible. I'll report back but my hopes aren't too high. (I should never have cruised concierge on DCL, have a feeling it's going to make service on other lines look pretty grim.)

I guess I'm so-so on this. I'm new to cruising and the nonstop cutbacks across all lines are disheartening to read about--one really feels you missed out on the golden age. But I'll have a lot of OBC and I was going to do the premium non booze package, and since I enjoy a lot of random ship wandering I suppose I'll just stock up as I move around.

Don't be disheartened. We've had better service on X in inside rooms than we did on DCL in concierge. Try to enjoy the experience for what it is instead of letting others' disappointments affect you.

Don't be disheartened. We've had better service on X in inside rooms than we did on DCL in concierge. Try to enjoy the experience for what it is instead of letting others' disappointments affect you.

I do try to be realistic. I didn't really NEED the Concierge pampering on DCL, I tend to be pretty self-reliant, but apparently I had a real rock star team/got lucky/whatever you want to call it, and they were doing that trick of anticipating stuff before we even knew we wanted it. I don't intend to compare service on other lines by that possibly unreasonably high bar. Or at least I will try not to. (Not a DCL cheerleader either--concierge was fabulous but way way too many kids. Can't see booking again.)

Anyway--the bottom line here is I'm having normal (for me) last minute trip jitters which make me focus on the negative reports a bit. I'm generally all good by day one sunset. :)