Bringing water and soda onboard

Grayciegray

The policy says no bottled water and soda can be brought on board yet friends who have sailed Princess say they have taken water on and have restocked in ports. I'm sailing Regal in a few weeks- can a recent Regal passenger comment on this please?

You can bring water and soda on. But there is no need to bring on more than one refillable bottle per person, as the water on board tastes great, is FREE, doesn't come with a plastic waste problem and is as pure, if not more pure than most bottled waters.

The policy says no bottled water and soda can be brought on board yet friends who have sailed Princess say they have taken water on and have restocked in ports. I'm sailing Regal in a few weeks- can a recent Regal passenger comment on this please?

Most of the shipboard water in Alaska is loaded from a local supply. They have issues producing water on board in Alaska .

The policy says no bottled water and soda can be brought on board ....

No such policy on Princess. You must be confusing some other cruise line's policy. Bring as much non-alcoholic beverages as you wish. Realize that the ship's water is as pure or purer than bottled water, so there is really no need to carry on water, just a water bottle.

You are confusing Princess policy with Carnival's policy. Carnival no longer allows beverages in bottles to be brought aboard. EM

I thought for sure I had read where Carnival backed off on that recent policy change.

I thought for sure I had read where Carnival backed off on that recent policy change.

They had originally said that you could only brings on beverages in cans on embarkation. I believed they backed off on the 'embarkation' part. EM

The cruise answer book on the Princess website currently says no soda or bottled water but previous threads said Princess said that was a typo.

Would have to go check, but have never seen that on the cruise answer book for previous cruises and I usually pour over the info before every cruise.

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/brochure/downloads/Princess_Cruise_Answer_Book.pdf

"Liquor, spirits, beer, bottled water and canned or bottled soda are not

permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and

alcohol or any beverages outside of our policy will be removed

and discarded.*"

but previous threads says that Princess says that was a mistake in the Cruise Answer Book.

Look at it this way. If it makes it to your cabin you are several 12 packs ahead. If if doesn't make it what are you really out? I bundled 4) 12 packs together and slapped on a room tag. Everything arrived safe and sound.

attachment.php?attachmentid=370787&stc=1&d=1449783679

attachment.php?attachmentid=370788&stc=1&d=1449783679

attachment.php?attachmentid=370789&stc=1&d=1449783679

1673424835_Alaska2014144.jpg.191cb263c5dbc7f688505a73cde003b3.jpg

368575785_Alaska2014145.jpg.aa25d0d0e94db78a781e454ba9f0c467.jpg

969871948_Alaska2014146.jpg.2d2830d19feb1da93fefca6426b5071a.jpg

https://book.princess.com/images/cc/brochure/downloads/Princess_Cruise_Answer_Book.pdf

"Liquor, spirits, beer, bottled water and canned or bottled soda are not

permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and

alcohol or any beverages outside of our policy will be removed

and discarded.*"

but previous threads says that Princess says that was a mistake in the Cruise Answer Book.

Interesting find. It's odd -- and unprofessional -- that princess would

say on their facebook page that the book is wrong, but not correct the

book.

Here is a link to another copy of the cruise answer book on the princess

web site which does not contain that section.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/other/Princess_Cruise_Answer_Book.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

in Port Everglades. We always check in with our luggage a duffel bag with soda that you can't get on board, and water bottles-- have never had a problem, duffel arrived in our cabin with our two suitcases.

If Princess confiscates my caffeine free diet soda and water- then this will be my last cruise on Princess. I have a deposit on a Princess cruise next Sept. as well-- which I will switch to Celebrity (for sodas and water a better deal for us) but I am usually happy with Princess as long as I can bring on my soda and water.....