Premium Drink package - Wine by the glass

readyforacruiseagain

I let the wine steward pick my wine at dinner once I order my meal. Always good. A nice white wine is the Clifford Bay, I like it at lunch, or on deck, nice light white wine. [emoji485]enjoy

What varietal is it, not familiar with Clifford Bay.

At the start of our last cruise (Equinox) with a premium package we initially stayed with the Kendall Jackson....Reliably good, not outstanding but good.

Once we got a bit more brave and asked for recommendations our cruise really improved! It did not matter if we ordered something we didn't like, we could just order something else!

We had never had a drinks package before and expected to still buy some bottles of wine but we honestly didn't need to. Don't be afraid to ask to taste in the restaurants and then ask for another recommendation if you do not like...

Enjoy your cruise!

Clifford Bay was often the Sauvignon Blanc poured for me in both the Oceanview Cafe and the Passport Bar and I only had the Classic Package. I just disembarked from Reflection after a B2B. I found that the MDR wine by the glass menu didn't have a Sauvignon Blanc listed at my price point with a the Classic Package. I would just ask for a glass of SB and it would arrive. Point being, don't assume everything is listed on a menu; ask and you will receive.

Clifford Bay was often the Sauvignon Blanc poured for me in both the Oceanview Cafe and the Passport Bar and I only had the Classic Package. I just disembarked from Reflection after a B2B. I found that the MDR wine by the glass menu didn't have a Sauvignon Blanc listed at my price point with a the Classic Package. I would just ask for a glass of SB and it would arrive. Point being, don't assume everything is listed on a menu; ask and you will receive.

Absolutely. A few kind words and all manner of things become available with the classic package.

On the white side, they usually have Conundrum, a blend. Not as good as it used to be, but certainly not bad either.

I also liked Conundrum, but last I heard it was above the $13.00 limit at $14.50. It's a shame that previously included wines are being priced out of the premium package.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_y5m8rqywINd0VMTV91ZXdFZFk/view?pli=1

I'm sure I'll find something to drink :)

The reason I upgrade to the Premiun Pkg is the Kendall Jackson Pinot Noir, my go to wine at home, too. I also like the Domain Chandon champagne, lots better than the classic pkg champagne. Enjoy!

I really like that wine but the Pinot Noir with the classic package was fine.

I also liked Conundrum, but last I heard it was above the $13.00 limit at $14.50. It's a shame that previously included wines are being priced out of the premium package.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_y5m8rqywINd0VMTV91ZXdFZFk/view?pli=1

I'm sure I'll find something to drink :)

On the plus side, with the premium package, you would only pay the difference. My husband and I frequently had a glass of wine that exceeded the $13 and I think our total bill at the end of the cruise was under $20. Not bad!

The Celebrity Chardonnay is made by Kendall Jackson and it is one of my wife's favorite.

+1 We were also quite impressed with Celebrity's own label 'Cellarmasters' - both the Chardonnay and Cab Sauvignon were our go to wine of choice after trying a few others. Not outstanding but very (very!) drinkable!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wine is sooooo subjective. We and our buds are going to try to stick with Classic on Solstice. Ladies are Chardonnay drinkers, guys Cab drinkers.

We normally do Le Crema Chardonnay but expected it would not be on the Classic list, any similar in Classic pkg? My other go to white is Pinot and I like Ecco Domani. As for the boys, what Cab should they try, they are Coppola and Opal drinkers.

Is it possible to stay Classic? I'd rather use that OBC for excursions.:D

On the plus side, with the premium package, you would only pay the difference. My husband and I frequently had a glass of wine that exceeded the $13 and I think our total bill at the end of the cruise was under $20. Not bad!

You've swallowed the Celebrity Cool Aid.

Your bill was either $11.80/pp/per day + $20 (if you had the Classic as a perk) or something like $76/pp/per day + $20 (can't find exact figures as the Celebrity website - surprise, surprise - isn't working) if you purchased the entire premium package.

The point of all-inclusive beverage packages is to be just that - all-inclusive but Celebrity has managed, again by chipping away slowly, to convince us all that we supposedly are getting a bargain while adding fees just a little here and a little there.

You've swallowed the Celebrity Cool Aid.

Your bill was either $11.80/pp/per day + $20 (if you had the Classic as a perk) or something like $76/pp/per day + $20 (can't find exact figures as the Celebrity website - surprise, surprise - isn't working) if you purchased the entire premium package.

The point of all-inclusive beverage packages is to be just that - all-inclusive but Celebrity has managed, again by chipping away slowly, to convince us all that we supposedly are getting a bargain while adding fees just a little here and a little there.

Perhaps you are not really a wine drinker? The possible price for very high end wines is almost unlimited. There is unlikely any all inclusive drink packages anywhere that would include a bottle of wine that cost $1000 a bottle. (Or something less per glass).

You seem to be suggesting that Celebrity should not offer any of the higher end wines that are not within the package. This might be good for you, but necessarily good for a lot of us. My wife and I are not really wine snobs, but we do not enjoy any of the wines that have a cost within the Classic package. If Celbrity would eliminate all the wines above that limit as you are somewhat suggesting many of us would be disappointed.

Au contraire - we are big wine drinkers!

I wasn't clear in what I wrote. I wasn't trying to say that any package should include unlimited wines.

The point of my post wasn't to say we shouldn't be allowed to order drinks (wine or otherwise) above the limit but to point out that drinks (again wine and otherwise) that used to be included in the premium package were now "just" a slight overcharge.

At home we enjoy many really nice wines but because of price inflation and possible storage issues we defer to more modest wines on the ship.

Those modest wines have increased more per glass on Celebrity than they have per bottle in our local wine store.

There was a Cabernet that 2 years ago fit in the premium package and last year was "just" $1.50/glass extra. Bet that same wine is now $2 to $3 extra.