Martini question

Reader0108598

Don't know how Princess makes them but gin would not work at all. Here's a recipe. Google will give you more.

Cocoa powder, for rimming

2 parts chocolate liqueur, plus more for rimming

1 part vodka

1 part half-and-half

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/death-by-chocolate-martini-recipe.html?oc=linkback

Don't know how Princess makes them but gin would not work at all. Here's a recipe. Google will give you more.

Cocoa powder, for rimming

2 parts chocolate liqueur, plus more for rimming

1 part vodka

1 part half-and-half

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/death-by-chocolate-martini-recipe.html?oc=linkback

RocketMan Thank you ,looking for a Special Christmas drink.

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

RocketMan Thank you ,looking for a Special Christmas drink.

Reader

Not a problem. I often make them for wife. Not at all difficulty. I often use Hershey's chocolate syrup as well for decorative purposes. You can pour a thin stream of syrup along the sides or bottom of glass kind of like the curly lines on a cake.

Google will give you a ton of recipes.

Not a problem. I often make them for wife. Not at all difficulty. I often use Hershey's chocolate syrup as well for decorative purposes. You can pour a thin stream of syrup along the sides or bottom of glass kind of like the curly lines on a cake.

Google will give you a ton of recipes.

This is why I love CC...:)

Merry Christmas Everyone:D

Reader

Hi

Once in awhile I order a martini ( Chocolate) on princess... I am not sure if it is with vodka or gin. Does anyone know?

Thank you

Reader

Chocolate and other flavored martinis will be made with vodka, and assorted flavored liquors...(creme DE Mentha for chocolate mint, godiva chocolate liquor, absolut vanilla, etc..). Definitely not made with gin. Virtually all Princess ships have a Martini Bar with a wide, wide range of Martini options: chocolate, chocolate mint, milk way, sunshine, tropical, French, and so on...you can work your way through the list.

And virtually all of them are covered by the All-inclusive Beverage package.... Haven't found one yet not covered....Enjoy.

A Barman friend insists that a 'Martini' is Gin and Dry Vermouth - anything else is a cocktail. But what the heck Chocolate Martini is fine with me. DW has recently taken a fancy to Lemon Drop Martini!!

A definition I was once told was 1 part alcohol to 3 parts mixer = cocktail; 3 parts alcohol to 1 part mixer = Martini.

I know that a true traditional Martini would not have 25% vermouth (not for my taste anyway).

A Barman friend insists that a 'Martini' is Gin and Dry Vermouth - anything else is a cocktail. But what the heck Chocolate Martini is fine with me. DW has recently taken a fancy to Lemon Drop Martini!!

As a self described martini snob ;), I say your amigo is 100% correct. However, just swirl the vermouth in the glass and pour it out. :)

Regarding martinis at the martini bar, they will make various martinis within the cost limitations of both drink packages. They use a larger martini glass and a slightly better quality of booze for those with the premium packages. But the Vodka for the smaller Classic Package martinis is ABsolute....which is still a lot better then what DW and I use at home :).

Hank

Regarding martinis at the martini bar, they will make various martinis within the cost limitations of both drink packages. They use a larger martini glass and a slightly better quality of booze for those with the premium packages. But the Vodka for the smaller Classic Package martinis is ABsolute....which is still a lot better then what DW and I use at home :).

Hank

Did something change or are you mixing up your cruise lines? To the best of my knowledge, Princess has only one All Inclusive Beverage Package which includes almost all drinks up to and including $10.00.

Did something change or are you mixing up your cruise lines? To the best of my knowledge, Princess has only one All Inclusive Beverage Package which includes almost all drinks up to and including $10.00.

Mixing up my cruise lines :). We were on the Regal Princess 2 weeks before going on the Celebrity Eclipse (both last month) and still have not sobered-up from the Celebrity drink package :).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Crooners serves a bazillion drinks they call martinis but they aren't really a martini.

You can find their menu online. They list the "Original Chocolate Martini" with these ingredients:

Stolichnaya Vodka

White Creme de Cacao