$120 NYE Party on Explorer

That looks like a great variety of activities. Thanks for posting.

Rhapsody of the Seas along with Sovereign and Empress are all lined up off Copacabana Beach in Rio enjoying the fireworks at this moment.

They can be seen on the MSC Armonia Webcam, although it is not that clear.

I wrote a post this morning in the other thread, but the wifi sucks and it got lost.

The "celebration" on Mariner was okay. Balloon drop on the Promenade. Captain, CD, officers on the RP bridge. Nothing special. There was a big screen with the countdown but it was in no way over the top.

Ellington's was $50/pp with a celebratory glass of champagne and petit fours. Wig & Gavel was $500/table with a bottle of Cristal, chocolate covered strawberries, and the SUPER EXCLUSIVE personalized name card on the table. Hahaha. There were only about three tables and you could stand right in front of them. They probably couldn't even see the screen from their seats.

We drank from packages, ate chocolate covered strawberries from the concierge lounge, rolled in at 11:45, and found a great spot. When it calmed down a bit, I went back to Bolero's and it was empty. I also still have the two gifted bottles of champagne in our fridge.

Our experience is that it was way more crowded last week at the Christmas dance party than NYE. And we didn't even get unlimited bread sticks haha.

Happy New Year!

I just got off Explorer yesterday after being on this New Years cruise.

I know they were talking about a party on the pool deck, but there was never any mention of a charge for this. (Unless I missed that)

The party was changed to the promenade because it was quite windy up on the pool deck that night, but again there was never any mention of a $120 charge for the party or it being cancelled due to lack of interest.

Just came off the Grandeur yesterday and there were events held in 3 venues. South Pacific lounge, pool area and the main event was held in the Centrum. There was roped off special table seating in the Centrum on decks 4, 5 and 6 which did take up a lot of public space which was sad. All the tables did sell out. The place was filled with people by 10 pm just to try and get near the Centrum railings. The tables went for $300, $400 and $500 depending on the champagne package you picked. The package did come with fruit and cheese plates along with a dedicated wait staff person and your bottle of champagne. No free champagne was given to anyone for a New Years toast. Go figure, champagne was supplied on Captain's Night, nothing offered on New Year's Eve on a New Year's Eve cruise. Hats and nose makers were at each table in the dining room when we arrived and we did have a special menu that evening. The meal was one of the best we ever experienced in the main dining room.

They're not forcing you to pay...

Does anyone know what options there are for people that aren't going to pay?

A little late but.... we just retuned from out 4th NYE cruise. On the past 2, (RCCL Freedom and Serenade) there have been pricy reserved tables for NYE. Freedom were in the Promenade and Serenade had them around the Centrum. They even had a reserved table in a glass elevator that was stopped at the floor above the centrum. I don't know the exact prices but I recall hearing they were $500-$1000 depending on location. Tables were for 2-6 people depending on location and price. All had premium champagne and some food. ALL tables both cruises were taken so there must be a market for them.

There were reserved spots for maybe 100 people so obviously the majority of passengers do not have a reserved space.

Anyone can be in the same areas ( just not in the roped reserved areas ) to celebrate.

I compare it to Nellie's beach cabanas at labadee . Anyone can use the beach, but some elect to pay extra for special seating and a few amenities.

NYE is a fun party

M

• 1 year later...

Hello :) Does anyone know how or when you see what NYE 'extras' are available to book?

Do they appear in your cruise planner, or are they organised once on board?

I'm sailing on Anthem, and while we *probably* won't pay extra to celebrate NYE, it would still be good to know what options will be available ahead of time.

Thank you