Celebrity Constellation - Not Impressed with cabin assignment

JRYMCMB

So I booked an GTY on the Celebrity Constellation and was assigned cabin number 2176 on Deck 2, anyone have any experience with this cabin/deck as far as noise and quality ? I am a very light sleeper and have been on ships on the bottom deck and could hear the fire doors opening and closing, does anyone know if deck 2 has any noise issues ? I'm debating on whether I should call Celebrity and complain in hopes to have the cabin moved.

Thanks !

So I booked an GTY on the Celebrity Constellation and was assigned cabin number 2176 on Deck 2, anyone have any experience with this cabin/deck as far as noise and quality ? I am a very light sleeper and have been on ships on the bottom deck and could hear the fire doors opening and closing, does anyone know if deck 2 has any noise issues ? I'm debating on whether I should call Celebrity and complain in hopes to have the cabin moved.

Thanks !

You booked a Guarantee and received a cabin in the guaranteed category. You can do as others have suggested or pay for an upgrade to a specific cabin in a higher category that meets your needs. I really don't see you having anything to complain about.

You booked a Guarantee and received a cabin in the guaranteed category. You can do as others have suggested or pay for an upgrade to a specific cabin in a higher category that meets your needs. I really don't see you having anything to complain about.

Yes it was a rather poor choice of words lol, no complaints from me, more so concerns about sound. But I did contact them, and they were very helpful, offered me a number of choices but they suggested to stay where I am as its apparently a very quiet deck :) (she also said at the end of the call "sometimes its better to wait until you're onboard") perhaps she was giving me a hint ;)

Thanks for everyone's feedback

JRYMCMB - Think you got the message about GTY cabins. We received one from Princess next to a door leading to an employee stairwell. Slammed a couple times an hour 24/7. The deck you are on tends to be very quiet - VERY! Am surprised at the suggestion to wait till you are on board as Celebrity usually leaves with only maybe 6-8 cabins empty and those are saved for issues of maintenance. Hard to change once on board in my experience.

Yes it was a rather poor choice of words lol, no complaints from me, more so concerns about sound. But I did contact them, and they were very helpful, offered me a number of choices but they suggested to stay where I am as its apparently a very quiet deck :) (she also said at the end of the call "sometimes its better to wait until you're onboard") perhaps she was giving me a hint ;)

Would not count on a change once you board, that seldom, if ever, happens with Celebrity. :)

That is some of the WORST advice I've ever heard. :mad: The minute you're onboard, the handy dandy, pre-printed little sign will pop up on the Purser's Desk saying something like this: "We are sailing completely full. No cabin changes available." :rolleyes:

Make your change NOW.

That is some of the WORST advice I've ever heard. :mad: The minute you're onboard, the handy dandy, pre-printed little sign will pop up on the Purser's Desk saying something like this: "We are sailing completely full. No cabin changes available." :rolleyes:

Make your change NOW.

This is what I was thinking, but I'm not too hung up on it, I'll probably be comatose every night with that classic bevy package :P

Its more or less the other occupant that has an issue with the cabin, she was the one who made the original post, miss polly prissypants xD

Is the other person's concern noise? I think it looks like it would be a very quiet location. You are not across from any service areas (big white areas), you just have cabins across the hall. Under the meeting rooms but they usually don't have noisy meetings very late.

I know some fantasize about taking an inside gty and being upgraded but you have to be ready to accept the category you booked. Otherwise, do they let you forego your gty altogether and just pick and pay for a different cabin exactly where you would want?

Is the other person's concern noise? I think it looks like it would be a very quiet location. You are not across from any service areas (big white areas), you just have cabins across the hall. Under the meeting rooms but they usually don't have noisy meetings very late.

I know some fantasize about taking an inside gty and being upgraded but you have to be ready to accept the category you booked. Otherwise, do they let you forego your gty altogether and just pick and pay for a different cabin exactly where you would want?

Agreed, I rarely expect a significant upgrade any longer, biggest upgrades I've ever had on GTY was on the Carnival Liberty (went from inside GTY and got upgraded to deluxe oceanview) and on Liberty of the Seas (promenade upgraded to Family oceanview) Generally I'm not too picky, but the travel companion for this cruise most definitely is. Lol

The onboard reply to a request to change cabins is "Sorry, the ship is full". I've heard this many times when I knew that one was available and offered to pay an upgrade charge. Any changes should be made before you board. I just changed a cabin today without any problems.The agent either didn't know, or was simply passing the buck.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Orator

Haven't sailed on this deck, but looking at the decks plans I would be optimistic: you have cabins above you and the side of an inside (not its door) across from you. You are conveniently between the mid- and aft- elevators, and your corridor is a dead-end so there should be no foot traffic (and the crew door is not near you). The only unknown is what's below you (ship operations) but that should have been dealt with with soundproofing when they built the ship. If I were booking this category, I would probably choose your cabin!

I don't see cabins above them...I see meeting rooms?

No meeting rooms on deck 3 any more -- port side is a restaurant and starboard is a strip of new cabins. I don't know if the attached screen shot will be visible, but you can see the decks side-by-side on cruisedeckplans.com

1956985969_ScreenShot2015-12-29at6_17_59PM.jpg.49bfe106926e5cb05ad99a21ebd30b84.jpg

This is what I was thinking, but I'm not too hung up on it, I'll probably be comatose every night with that classic bevy package :P

Its more or less the other occupant that has an issue with the cabin, she was the one who made the original post, miss polly prissypants xD

We were on Constellation for 15 nights last month in Cabin 2155. Same type cabin as yours, on same deck as yours, just port side as opposed to your starboard side. We had absolutely NO complaints about noise or anything else... it was VERY quiet.

YOUR cabin should be even BETTER... since it has other cabins above you, while we had a specialty restaurant above ours.

Great location with completely separate escape routes in case of emergency, AND it's downhill and just a short crawl from the Martini Bar.

Tell "Polly P." to relax and enjoy! :eek: :D ;)

Edited by teecee60

I often book GTY cabins. While we all hope for an upgrade, it may not happen. Deck 2 cabins are excellent. They are quieter than most cabins higher up. I stayed in 2168 as a gty on a 15 night cruise and liked it. It would have cost me an extra $2500 to be on a higher deck. I was pleasantly surprised. I would gladly take a deck 2 cabin again.

Haven't sailed on this deck, but looking at the decks plans I would be optimistic: you have cabins above you and the side of an inside (not its door) across from you. You are conveniently between the mid- and aft- elevators, and your corridor is a dead-end so there should be no foot traffic (and the crew door is not near you). The only unknown is what's below you (ship operations) but that should have been dealt with with soundproofing when they built the ship. If I were booking this category, I would probably choose your cabin!

I, too, think you probably got an excellent cabin ... it is one I would choose within that category. Have fun and hope all works out.