3 adults in an inside cabin?

skrapngal

Three adults in an inside cabin is going to be really tight. Few people would choose to do this, but if it's the only way you can afford to cruise, it would be workable as long as you all get along really well and plan ahead carefully. Set up a schedule for getting ready, perhaps with the other 2 out of the cabin for awhile. Talk about expectations for neatness, schedules, etc so you all know what to expect. As far as the most affordable ideas, prices usually go down after final payment, sometimes quite a bit. You may get a better deal if you don't mind waiting.

Only did an inside cabin once - and I travel solo.

Never again! Way too small and claustrophobic for me :o

I can't even imagine being in one with 3 adults :eek:

Just my opinion obviously, but I'd rather stay at home :)

Have done three in a cabin on all three cruises, a minisuite, an outside, and an inside. We never had a problem, but then we dont spend hours in the cabin. Just to sleep, and get ready for dinner. We would rather be out on the ship. Also, we are laid back, and dont fret about stuff. Keeping your things neat, and not laying all over the place is important though. The bunks are just as comfortable as the lower beds.

Edited by stoneharborlady

I stayed with my parents in an inside cabin (as an adult). I learned to travel with earplugs because of the snoring & TV. My parents sleep a lot less than I do, so I had a hard time getting enough sleep. We felt like we had enough space for our stuff. I got my dad into turning on the ship's webcam as our "window." I agree with having a conversation between the 3 pax about expectations. As the "child" even though I was an adult, I had no say in my experience.

I've shared a cabin with two other people twice. It does help to divide up the closet space and schedule bathroom time. A lot will depend on the ship too.

The first time we had an ocean view obstructed on the Island for 15 days. This worked out really well for us. The beds go up into the ceiling, so they are out of the way during the day.

The second time was an inside on the Grand for 7 days. Thank goodness it was only seven days because the closet was so small we barely had room for our hanging clothes and had to fold up a lot of things and put them on the shelves. Also the beds stick out of the wall, so if we sat on the lower bed, we were constantly banging our heads. Then the suitcases would not fit under the bed on the Grand. They were the same suitcases we had brought on the Island, so I'm not sure why they didn't fit.

Make sure that one of you is able to climb the skinny metal ladder to get into the bed. It's challenging to say the least.;)

Edited by partybarbie

I have done it before as well. Like others have previously mentioned, it will be fine as long as you have a schedule and can keep your things relatively neat. If you take an inside cabin, you will not be spending any time in the room anyway. Just sleeping and getting ready.

We are going to give 3 adults in a inside room a try on our Feb. 7th cruise. We have never had 3 people in a inside before, but have to this time around.

My husband will be the lucky one who gets the top bunk! I hope it will hold him. (he's 200lb) I will let others know of our experience when we get back.

We are going to give 3 adults in a inside room a try on our Feb. 7th cruise. We have never had 3 people in a inside before, but have to this time around.

My husband will be the lucky one who gets the top bunk! I hope it will hold him. (he's 200lb) I will let others know of our experience when we get back.

Good luck!!!

I cruised with my parents and my sister in an inside cabin. It was a little small but it was what my family could afford at the time. It was either stay home or share an inside. It was a little tight but we were always busy and only in the room to get ready and sleep. I have great memories from the trip!

I cruised with my parents and my sister in an inside cabin. It was a little small but it was what my family could afford at the time. It was either stay home or share an inside. It was a little tight but we were always busy and only in the room to get ready and sleep. I have great memories from the trip!

I have cruised this way twice, all easygoing and only there to sleep and shower. However I did not have to climb the ladder, left that to my daughter (in her forties), she would rather not do it again. I am sure I would never get up there. Lol

Anyone tries swinging one of my cats will be walking the plank.

Many historians think it originates from trying to swing a cat o nine tails on sailing ships.

A good flogging on deck was seens as a more severe punishment as salt water could get in.

We had 3 adults in a balcony.

Me

The wonderful Mrs Gut

Our daughter, then aged about 23

Now we are a close family and have often shared a motel room.

But thank goodness this was only a 5 night cruise is all I can say.

I did this with two friends years ago on the Crown. We chose to do it because the price was a 10-day steal through a friend's discount. It actually wasn't bad at all! It's tight, no doubt, but we really were only in there to sleep and get ready. I would do it again if money was an issue - because it definitely beat not being on a cruise! :)