ms Oosterdam Sail-Away January 18, 2016

Boytjie

After talking to my TA this morning I though I would check out the webcams before I left for lunch. When I opened the HAL forum and saw this thread was on page three I knew something was strange. I was just in time to see Oosterdam sail in.

Happily@Sea - hope you don't have to sit too long!

At least we're sitting and not standing. Even the people at the windows can't block the whole view.

I hope boarding goes well and it is not a "cattle call". I am going to guess you will a couple more hours before you an board?

I have to say when we had a similar situation in 2010 it was handled very well. A difference being that I got an email at 1 am telling us not to get to the ship before 3 pm. It wasn't an issue for us as we were staying with a friend but people in hotels had to check out by Noon.

They processed us in one terminal while they disembarked from another, if I remember correctly. We missed out on the crazy Lido lunch, but they served us cookies and beverages in the terminal.

It was really a crazy departure with all the snow storms and flight delays, then the ship arriving late. We opted to go for lunch at Lester's Diner where they had a power outage! We ate whatever could be made on the grills and ate in a dark diner.

We still had a wonderful cruise! I think we had a lot less issues than those that got off the ship that day.

Edited by Boytjie

A family member is presently waiting to board. The ship is in port at this time and unloading . They are being told 2 pm before they can board but they usually are generous in what you are told to keep people tranquil.

Rumour has it the ship was delayed because of a missing passenger , possibly overboard.

Just heard, by e-mail, from a fellow CC cruiser waiting to get on board that the Oosterdam turned around last night to help look for a passenger who fell of another ship. Unknown whether they were found or not.

Edited by rajkr74

Everything looks quiet now, I missed all the excitement!:D Like Scrapnana, I was surprised to see the thread so long, and wondered why. I hope the missing passenger was found.

I should make it back for sail away. I imagine it will be dark, or almost dark!

The story here is we found the pax and rescued him and the Coast Guard came and took him off the ship. Rescued is good news.

Outstanding!!!! Boy that is another time a HAL ship comes to the rescue! Would love to read a news link.