ms Westerdam Sail-Away January 23, 2016

Boytjie

The Queen of Toots is scheduled to set sail at 16:00/4:00 PM EDT (subject to change as always).

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

Also departing: Carnival Conquest, Celebrity Constellation, Emerald Princess, Navigator of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas.

The Westerdam's 7-day Eastern Caribbean itinerary:

Jan 23 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Jan 24 At Sea

Jan 25 Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos

Jan 26 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Jan 27 St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.

Jan 28 At Sea

Jan 29 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Jan 30 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

C6E0W7.jpg

We'll be on the Westie tomorrow!! We drove down and left a day early to miss the storm. I hope everyone makes it okay and DH and I both wonder if we'll leave later for those flying in (if their flight isn't canceled) who booked air with HAL.

We're also figuring on high seas the first couple days. :eek:

We'll be on the Westie tomorrow!! We drove down and left a day early to miss the storm. I hope everyone makes it okay and DH and I both wonder if we'll leave later for those flying in (if their flight isn't canceled) who booked air with HAL.

Hope you have a great cruise - those "high seas" will just rock you to sleep!:D

Do you request a wave? and where will you be at sailaway?

where is everybody???

Do you request a wave? and where will you be at sailaway?

That would be wonderful!!! :):) We are port side deck 8, just below the lido, and 2 balconies behind the bridge. We don't have any fancy signs but we will have champagne in hand and waving like mad. It'll be me, DH, DS and DD.

We've been havings swells down here in Barbados; so closer to the storm, I'm sure it's a given.

The captain here on the Oosterdam [in a Q&A session] said that if you book with HAL the ship is advised of your current location and if arrangements have been made or not made to get you to your next port. That is what determines, if they wait or not.

He also said about the search and rescue that someone on the ship had spotted what they thought was a disabled boat, after notifying the proper authorities, they were assigned to go back and look, even though there was other marine traffic. 10 immigrants were rescued from the disabled craft and he hadn't heard anymore updates.

I am hoping that the storm is over for us. Originally here in western PA we were suppose to have gotten 1 - 2 inches. Then they updated it to 2 -4 inches. About 2 AM everything broke lose and the storm moved more north than predicted. By 7 AM we had 9 inches. During the morning we got 4 more inches.

But it sure wrecked our Saturday evening dinner plans. Roads are still horrendous.

It took our lawn man who also does our snow removal 1 1/2 hours to plow our driveway. The borough has been plowing sine early last evening but there is still a lot of ice on the roads.

South of us -- Seven Springs Resort -- has gotten 26 inches and still counting.

A double tracker trailer wrecked on the Turnpike between Summerset and Bedford last evening causing a huge mess. When I last heard, the National Guard was trying to deliver water, meals and gasoline to drivers -- this was around 11 AM and they had been in their cars and trucks since 8:30 last evening.

East coast is really getting hammered.

I'll be here. If any shipe are sailing out of NY or Bayonne today that would be a real nightmare for people both debarking and embarking! NYC is under a state of emergency and only emergency vehicles are allowed on the roads. Feel sorry for those trapped in their vehicles...