Free Style Soda Machine?

live2vayk

Hello,

I have been researching the ship information on RCI, but none of them (that I could find) list if they have the free style soda machine or not. My friend only wants to plan on buying the soda package if there is a machine. We will be on Brilliance of the Seas soon. Does anyone know if this ship has any of these machines?

Thanks so much!

Hello,

I have been researching the ship information on RCI, but none of them (that I could find) list if they have the free style soda machine or not. My friend only wants to plan on buying the soda package if there is a machine. We will be on Brilliance of the Seas soon. Does anyone know if this ship has any of these machines?

Thanks so much!

No Freestyle on Brilliance.

Another simple solution is to wait until you are onboard before you purchase a package. That way you can find out exactly what they have on that ship.

Thank you for the information! Finding out prior to boarding the ship allows us to bring on (or try to bring on if they don't confiscate it) a small amount of the soda that we prefer. I know the freestyle machine has it, but the guns at the bar do not. I appreciate your help, now we will try and bring a few cans.

Happy Sailing!

Edited by live2vayk

Thank you for the information! Finding out prior to boarding the ship allows us to bring on (or try to bring on if they don't confiscate it) a small amount of the soda that we prefer. I know the freestyle machine has it, but the guns at the bar do not. I appreciate your help, now we will try and bring a few cans.

Happy Sailing!

Sounds like another Coke Zero fan :D, though it could be others. I love the Seagrams Ginger Ale too

Yes, but it only works with that big mug, and what a PITA it is to carry that around. (I'm sure RCI counts on that as a money saver.)

Yes, I've found the souvenir cup to be a bit of a pain to carry around as well -- especially because the lid design isn't very good and LEAKS! That's even after the cup design has been revised slightly over the years. That doesn't seem to stop many people from carrying them around everywhere, though :)

What I find the crew do NOT do frequently enough is maintain/refill the Freestyle machines. I have often found many options to be greyed-out and unavailable because those cartridges have been exhausted and not replaced. Sometimes over half the options are gone! They need to check those machines MUCH more frequently, which really isn't time-consuming or difficult to do because they have an amber service light that comes on.

I like the Freestyle machines because of all the flavoured combinations you can't get from anywhere else. Grape Sprite is one of my favourites :)

What I find the crew do NOT do frequently enough is maintain/refill the Freestyle machines.

That was a problem on my last cruise on Oasis. One machine was out of order most of the time, and the other didn't have ice. There was a sign on the working machine to ask for ice at Sorrentos, but apparently no one informed the guy working at Sorrentos of that, he wouldn't give anyone ice and was put out that he was asked!

Is there tonic in the Freestyle machines? That's my favorite drink.

There is Dasani sparking water. That's the closet I remember. However you can search for Coca Cola freestyle locations. Then find a machine in a restaurant in your area to see the flavors for sure. The machines on land are the same as the ones on the ship.

What I find the crew do NOT do frequently enough is maintain/refill the Freestyle machines. I have often found many options to be greyed-out and unavailable because those cartridges have been exhausted and not replaced. Sometimes over half the options are gone! They need to check those machines MUCH more frequently, which really isn't time-consuming or difficult to do because they have an amber service light that comes on.

That was definitely a problem on the Anthem TA. Once, when I pointed out to a crew member in the buffet that the machine was empty, she told me to "go find a bar." :eek:

No Freestyle on Brilliance.

Another simple solution is to wait until you are onboard before you purchase a package. That way you can find out exactly what they have on that ship.

I could have sworn that Brilliance has the soda machine, because that was the only time I bought the Replenishmeint Package so that I could get caffeine-free Diet Coke.

What I find the crew do NOT do frequently enough is maintain/refill the Freestyle machines.

That was a problem on my last cruise on Oasis. One machine was out of order most of the time, and the other didn't have ice. There was a sign on the working machine to ask for ice at Sorrentos, but apparently no one informed the guy working at Sorrentos of that, he wouldn't give anyone ice and was put out that he was asked!

The first time I used them on Allure they were frequently broken or mostly empty, but have had good experiences on Freedom, Majesty, and Jewel. Back to Oasis soon.

The first time I used them on Allure they were frequently broken or mostly empty, but have had good experiences on Freedom, Majesty, and Jewel. Back to Oasis soon.

Back when they were out by the pool on Freedom, they never worked. It's been much better since they went to the red box design inside.

I'm waiting anxiously and fervently praying for reports on this once LOS is out of dry dock. It'll determine whether or not I buy a drink package.

Me too! Side note- I bet I live right down the street from you! :o

Back when they were out by the pool on Freedom, they never worked. It's been much better since they went to the red box design inside.

Thanks for that, I thought I remembered seeing pics/reviews of that. Having seen the guts of the newer units I can see where they aren't really designed for outdoor use.