Reservation cancelled!

They have already offered us the same ship on Feb. 5, 2017 with the $100 On board credit. No guarantee on all the rooms (yet). I guess I am still stinging about this and that it happened to me. On the $100, what do you think the $100 really costs RC? Probably $15. I happen to feel that it is not enough. An interesting comment that RC has supposedly already built in enough profit to afford to do this mass cancellation without impacting their bottom line. I think $100 off the top would be better than on board credit.

Thanks dpostman. You are right, not much sympathy in this forum. Happy that you see my side of the story. It's not the money in my case. It's the insult.

No problem, just dont let this first experience with Cruise Critic ruin it for you. There are tons of good information, tips and stratergies that can help you get the most out of your cruises.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

dp

The part I don't understand is that at least in the case of the Oasis class ships, that I don't believe they ever end up sailing with any vacancy (not sure what the average occupancy percentage is but I assume it's over 95%). That being said, it's too bad lines don't have a policy to only allow charters to book before the itineraries are opened to the public. If the ship will be full no matter with regular peeps or a charter, wouldn't that make life a lot easier for all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The part I don't understand is that at least in the case of the Oasis class ships, that I don't believe they ever end up sailing with any vacancy (not sure what the average occupancy percentage is but I assume it's over 95%). That being said, it's too bad lines don't have a policy to only allow charters to book before the itineraries are opened to the public. If the ship will be full no matter with regular peeps or a charter, wouldn't that make life a lot easier for all?

In their SEC filing, RCI reported 104%+ occupancy rate for the past several years. That is across all their brands/ships. With Allure it could be even higher. RCI probably takes the best deal - if someone comes up with enough cash to overcome what RCI thinks it will net from a regular sailing, they'll allow the charter, no matter the inconvenience to anyone.

Actually you can't book that flight yet. Unless you are coming a week early. So one full year notice would work. ;)

Except you assume people leave just before the cruise starts. Which in our situation has never been the case. Often the last part of a four - five week trip away that has been planned around it.

Edited by Pushka

How on earth do you charter a ship that size?

Big company cruises. Beachbody and Young Living do free cruises for their highest sellers (all together, on the same cruise). A friend of mine is going on the Beachbody one in March. Also "fan cruises" - I know Jim Brickman does them and some other musicians.

Edited by emory2001

Book thru them

Superior OceanView Stateroom with Balcony (D6) - Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, sitting area, and a private bathroom.

182 sq. ft., balcony 53 sq. ft. $674.

https://continuingeducation.net/register.php?program_number=2410

This group is not chartering the cruise-- they were just planning on having a conference on the ship. I'm sure they will take this link down once RCI notifies them that the ship will be chartered.

Great price I wish I still needed CE's

There is also a course fee of $550-$795pp

The price doesn't include port charges or taxes, it actually ends up being the same or a bit more than booking with RCI directly. I've looked into these cruises before for DH's CME credits. Unfortunately, his workplace currently has a "no cruise" CME policy.

I was on it in September and it was looking tired on top deck

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

If Allure has over 6000 people cruising on her every week, it wouldnt take long for her to look tired. It makes me sick when I see some of the cruisers disrespecting the ship. Leaving trash everywhere. Food and trash in the elevators.

I sympathise with the OP.

We had a sailing on NCL booked 17 months out and had booked flights 16 months out to get the best fare (and before anyone says anything, there are some airlines in the UK/Europe that allow flights to be booked more than 12 months out, and we've done it).

(date changes to the same destination allowed).

Thank goodness someone else sees it from a different country's perspective. Planning a cruise for the Med, USA etc from Australia requires many months pre planning and flight bookings. Planning and booking for us starts 15 months out. Cancelling a cruise after bookings have been made is much more costly than $100 OBC.

Except you assume people leave just before the cruise starts. Which in our situation has never been the case. Often the last part of a four - five week trip away that has been planned around it.

Or it could have been the first week. But I did give you one week early anyway

Or it could have been the first week. But I did give you one week early anyway

It takes me close to a week to get over a 12 hour time difference. Have travelled to Europe each of the last four years and each time for five weeks and the cruise was in the third week or so on each occasion. Travelling to Alaska this year for almost five weeks and the cruise is in the third week. Flights booked May last year for a June cruise.

Actually in typing this, our cruise last year was almost chartered. We booked, then the itinerary disappeared off all booking sites. Then it appeared a few weeks later. Our booking still showed though. Atlantis must have blocked three possible cruises and then selected the middle one (after our date). Our itinerary was changed as Atlantis wanted to start in Rome. So we had to end there. None of this was notified to us by email it just showed in the personaliser but thankfully it didn't matter as the new itinerary was wonderful and we hadn't booked flights home just then.

Because the cruise wasn't visible on any site for quite some weeks, there were few bookings. So in the end Celebrity released some great deals and we ended up getting a much better cabin for the same price.

I don't understand why people are being so dismissive. This would really upset me, and reading about it makes me rethink booking a cruise myself. Just because you are happy with a paltry 100 dollars (that's not even a week's groceries for 2 people over here) does not make it OK. The OP's time is worth money too. If I had spend weeks, months planning, coordinating etc., I would be really offended with that amount. And what if it is for an aniversary, there are conflicting work-scedules... I just don't get the 'oh relax and stop being a baby' type comments.

There are other cruise ships sailing out of the same port on similar time schedule. But if you insist on Allure only and nothing else, that's a choice you make.

There are other cruise ships sailing out of the same port on similar time schedule. But if you insist on Allure only and nothing else, that's a choice you make.

OP did not choose to be in this situation. The cruise line made the choice to put OP in this situation. I fully agree that the cruise lines should not charter out cruises that are already on sale to the general public. Those wanting to charter can do a bit of advance planning.

On January 22, our travel agent advised us that our confirmed reservation on the Jan. 22, 2017 cruise on Allure of The Seas has been cancelled.

It seems that the entire ship has been chartered. I would like to know "by whom"?

Further. our compensation is going to be $100 per passenger. BIG DEAL!!

That boils down to pennies out of R.C.'s pocket. That is an insult to loyal customers (Diamond member).

What do you'all suggest? I am mad as can be! Besides my travel agent goes through all kids of problems with no more in his pocket for the trouble, as far as I know. Another unfair practice.

I'm sure the Gold Members were just as upset. Stuff happens, rebook snd enjoy yourself.. At least your airfare wasn't lost..

From what I can tell about my brief time on CC is that there indeed is a large amount of rude and insulting people on here. John&LaLA seems to fit this bill quite well. Royal Caribbean Blog seems much more friendly. I do still like the information presented on here, but also wish it was not as hostile of an environment. I feel bad for all the people that get hammered by others for simple mistakes or saying a slightly wrong thing. Not just an isolated thing either. Seems to be in pretty much every topic opened up.

OP... it will work out in the end for you. I would be upset as well, but would find an alternative.

Edited by Powersboyee2

If you take the OP post at face value and not add any speculation or assumptions, the OP did not mention a lot of time was taken to plan this particular cruise 2) no mention that flights were booked 3) no mention that a special cabin was selected or 4) that this was the only date the OP could travel. Those were others experiences.

The OP wanted to know whom charted the cruise and was upset that a loyal diamond member only received $100 in compensation. The responses that said $100 seemed fair were not dismissive. The responses that seemed more sympathetic were based that person's experience.

The OP then came back and said the compensation was insulting. What is insulting? That RC offered OBC for an inconvenience?

In a nutshell, the OP believes he should receive more than $100 because he's a loyal RC consumer. Not sure why the OP believes that matters aside from a sense of entitlement. I don't understand why others would need to be sympathetic for someone else sense of self importance.

From what I can tell about my brief time on CC is that there indeed is a large amount of rude and insulting people on here. John&LaLA seems to fit this bill quite well. Royal Caribbean Blog seems much more friendly. I do still like the information presented on here, but also wish it was not as hostile of an environment. I feel bad for all the people that get hammered by others for simple mistakes or saying a slightly wrong thing. Not just an isolated thing either. Seems to be in pretty much every topic opened up.

OP... it will work out in the end for you. I would be upset as well, but would find an alternative.

I used to be like you when I joined. But as time went on, after seeing so many posts from various types of people who post nothing but toy throwing exercise, it starts to get boring. To add insult, some people use their C&A status as if it has weight and commands respect. Give it time, your opinion will change.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by novicetraveller

All boards have their issues. When posting a legitimate comment you just know who will respond and how. Same on Princess and Celebrity. I just ignore them now. And they tend to buzz off when they are unable to dismiss your point.

Edited by Pushka

Something Cruise Critic could usefully do on each cruise line board is have a sticky showing exactly which past cruises for that line have been cancelled. There are some distinct patterns of specific ships and sailings which get chartered every year. To the new or infrequent user of CC this information is very hard to find.

To the OP, you have my sympathy as we had this happen to us on the last leg of a b2b2b on Asia a couple or so years back. Celebrity gave us $300 compensation in an inside, higher grades got $500 or more.

Really :eek:

I've made 6 or 7 posts and not one was rude or insulting. I wasn't even dismissive of the OP. At one point I politely asked how they felt insulted. Welcome to CC.

1453726477615.jpg.ff2817362b1812df50c58275503abe96.jpg