Global Entry System

KirkNC

Going to start the global entry process for me and my husband. Some questions. How do you list a caribbean cruise? Do you list all the ports or just caribbean. How far back do you go with your travels? Also, we both share the same email? Would this be OK? We have appointments for TSA Pre-Check. But after reading these posts, I think that GE would be much better. We hate the long lines for disembarking from a ship..

Going to start the global entry process for me and my husband. Some questions. How do you list a caribbean cruise? Do you list all the ports or just caribbean. How far back do you go with your travels? Also, we both share the same email? Would this be OK? We have appointments for TSA Pre-Check. But after reading these posts, I think that GE would be much better. We hate the long lines for disembarking from a ship..

The form will ask you for specific places you've visited during a specific period of time (can't remember how long). My fiance' shares my email address and it was no problem at all. Once we did our interview we had the card in hand within a week.

Helen

The form will ask you for specific places you've visited during a specific period of time (can't remember how long). My fiance' shares my email address and it was no problem at all. Once we did our interview we had the card in hand within a week.

Helen

They ask for a travel history for the prior five years. The online application has a drop-down menu of geographic locations and you select the non-US locations (it could be non-North American locations) you've been in the last five years.

Edited by joepeka

Global Entry members are also eligible to participate in TSA Precheck, so GE would be my priority too. :)

Global Entry members are also eligible to participate in TSA Precheck, so GE would be my priority too. :)

Yes.... in fact, the CBP agent who interviewed me said he doesn't understand why anyone would not spend the additional $15 and get GE. Unless the person has never traveled outside the U.S. and can definitely say they will never travel outside the U.S.

Edited by joepeka

I listed all the islands, even those where we'd stayed on the ship. I figured they'd report everyone on the ship manifest to customs whether we set foot on the island or not. I mentioned this to the interviewer, and he told me I'd done it right.

Edited by knittinggirl

I listed all the islands, even those where we'd stayed on the ship. I figured they'd report everyone on the ship manifest to customs whether we set foot on the island or not. I mentioned this to the interviewer, and he told me I'd done it right.

It doesn't matter if you leave the ship; you're still in that country's waters and therefore in the country.

That's why you need a passport for a cruise itinerary that requires one even if you don't plan to leave the ship.

We applied through GOES and have been in Preliminary Review for over 2 weeks. That say that they have been overwhelmed with applications. We won't be flying for some time but I would like to use it when we return from our next cruise. We decided to take the train from NY to Boston and then back from Montreal to avoid the hassle of flying. Now that my daughter is moving to San Francisco (I can't stop crying) I guess I will be racking up those frequent flier miles.

Just did the Global Entry form for myself and my DH on the internet. It did take some time to fill it out. Hopefully, we will be able to schedule an interview soon. Would like to get it so we can use TSA Pre-check in Sept. for a flight. Also can't wait to bypass the line when we disembark in Fort Lauderdale in Feb. 2017. Thanks to all for your helpful info.

Not all airlines use TSA pre-check, as we found out on our recent flights on Frontier.

From the TSA Pre✓ website:

The following airlines offer TSA Pre✓®:

Aeromexico

Air Canada

Alaska Airlines

Allegiant Airlines

American Airlines

Cape Air

Delta Air Lines

Etihad Airways

Hawaiian Airlines

JetBlue Airways

Seaborne Airlines

Southwest Airlines

Sun Country

United Airlines

Virgin America

WestJet

• 2 weeks later...
We applied through GOES and have been in Preliminary Review for over 2 weeks. That say that they have been overwhelmed with applications.

Did you get approved yet? We applied almost two weeks ago and nothing yet. But I have to take into consideration the July 4 holiday.

I have been using my Global Entry card to go through security instead of my license. No reason; just was. Anyway, trying to go through security at a regional airport last week, one with TSA Pre check, the TSA agent wouldn't accept it as an ID. Said she'd never seen it and couldn't find it in her book.

I have been using my Global Entry card to go through security instead of my license. No reason; just was. Anyway, trying to go through security at a regional airport last week, one with TSA Pre check, the TSA agent wouldn't accept it as an ID. Said she'd never seen it and couldn't find it in her book.

Good grief! :eek: Were you able to get her to call over a supervisor who hopefully knew something about GE, or did you have to produce alternative ID?

That is very odd..... GE cards are clearly listed on the TSA's web site as valid identification. Maybe the agent was really new?? :confused:

Good grief! :eek: Were you able to get her to call over a supervisor who hopefully knew something about GE, or did you have to produce alternative ID?

I just got my driver's license out when she said she just really didn't know what to do...said she had never heard of Global Entry.

I just got my driver's license out when she said she just really didn't know what to do...said she had never heard of Global Entry.

It's because of unexpected situations like this that I always carry my passport in addition to my NEXUS card, even when the card is all that is officially required. We had a similar occurrence boarding in Boston for a Canada/New England cruise on the Maasdam last September and neither the HAL check-in staff member nor her supervisor had any idea what NEXUS was. Rather than argue the point, we provided our passports. This was a full year after using our NEXUS cards without difficulty when boarding in Vancouver for an Alaskan cruise on the Oosterdam. I guess it's all a question of training.

Applied for Global Entry online the middle of March. Tentative approval took about a week. First interview at closest location was Cincinnati (2 hour drive) on July 12. Did the interview today at 11:15am and got the approval email notice at 4:30pm:D

Why don't you report this to the applicable office at Homeland Security, which administers the Global Entry program.

Why don't you report this to the applicable office at Homeland Security, which administers the Global Entry program.

I thought about mentioning it to the person who looked most in charge after I got into the screening area but decided not to. I'm flying out of the same airport later this week. If it happens again I will speak up.

I thought about mentioning it to the person who looked most in charge after I got into the screening area but decided not to. I'm flying out of the same airport later this week. If it happens again I will speak up.

The ignorance of that particular agent is pathetic, although not surprising.

Go to the Customs and Border Protection site: CBP.gov and let them know.