AmaWaterways 2017 Sailings

doktor

Shall due Dan. I am hoping spending the $$$ at the Frankfurt airport will expedite our transfer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

doktor, I am anxious for port on this as we are also traveling through Frankfurt en route to Prague. We, too, have 90 minutes. The Lufthansa schedule shows our flights arriving in and departing from Terminal 1. We leave on June 10 for Europe's Rivers and Castles, sailing on June 15 after a few days in Prague.

If we don't use this service, I know that in Atlanta I will do as Dan did and request a cart at the gate.

Our fly schedule showed same, arriving and departing from terminals 1. When I looked at diagram of terminal 1, I quickly realized how large it was, and I also realized that it was on many levels. Yea you can request a cart, however as one person stated they had to wait at one point for the cart to arrive. In addition they had to transfer to several carts. When I looked at flights to Prague, if we missed connections, next fly was 4 hours later. I really don't want to miss the connection on our return from Budapest as it is Frankfurt to Orlando non stop. Saying all of this, hopefully it will be monies well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

doktor, I am anxious for port on this as we are also traveling through Frankfurt en route to Prague. We, too, have 90 minutes. The Lufthansa schedule shows our flights arriving in and departing from Terminal 1. We leave on June 10 for Europe's Rivers and Castles, sailing on June 15 after a few days in Prague.

If we don't use this service, I know that in Atlanta I will do as Dan did and request a cart at the gate.

bama4cruisin, arrange for the electric cart. We never would have made our connection to Prague without it.

We flew Lufthansa from Houston to Frankfurt then connected with another Lufthansa flight to Prague.

Coming back we flew Lufthansa from Budapest to Frankfurt, then United to Houston.

We prefer the American carriers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our fly schedule showed same, arriving and departing from terminals 1. When I looked at diagram of terminal 1, I quickly realized how large it was, and I also realized that it was on many levels. Yea you can request a cart, however as one person stated they had to wait at one point for the cart to arrive. In addition they had to transfer to several carts. When I looked at flights to Prague, if we missed connections, next fly was 4 hours later. I really don't want to miss the connection on our return from Budapest as it is Frankfurt to Orlando non stop. Saying all of this, hopefully it will be monies well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all, I'm on the AMA Katrina, May 6-13, 2017. I'll be traveling solo for 2 weeks before boarding, then staying in Amsterdam for 5 nights afterwards. I've flown through Frankfurt and arranged a cart to get me to next flight. Trust me, stay on top of getting your cart. I have a walker so had to wait for someone to take me up the elevator just to get cart, I was toLD to sit and wait. There were 5 others waiting for a cart.

Like you, I had a short, 90 min, turn around. I hunted down someone in charge and said I HAD to get going. Be nice but assertive. She hunted down a cart and drove me herself. Yes, there are levels and you may have to change carts. When there wasn't a cart available, she ran down to gate to hold the plane, I was last on. Well worth $20 tip.

I don't know about paying for expedited cart, I avoid Frankfurt at all costs. Just have everything ready to go, in hand, be nice but don't let them tell you to sit and wait. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

We are sailing in June to Paris and Normandy. We got a shipboard credit .

We are not big drinkers, so it will not be spent on alcohol. What other ways are there to use the credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've done a few ocean cruises and are doing our first river cruise via AmaSerena, leaving Nuremberg on Dec. 11. We're doing the post cruise in Prague - but arriving three days before the start of that. After cruise staying in Budapest for one night and then flying to London for 4 nights.

Any recommendations for Prague, Budapest and any stops on the Christmas route?

We're taking our first river cruise this summer. We'll be on the AmaCello from Arles to Lyon with trips to Barcelona at the beginning and Paris at the end. We're really looking forward to it!

Did this itinerary last July-its a wonderful trip.

In Barcelona- do not eat, buy anything along Las Ramblas-very $$ and too touristy. Instead walk a few blocks east or west of the Ra,blas and there are good restaurants and reasonable $. La Boqueria (Market) is just off Las Ramblas- if the hotel is still Le Meridien its 5 min walk. Buy a sandwich, fruit, juice and take a n incredible amount of photos. The Maritine Museum is interesting and from there walk to the waterfront.

Have a great time

carole

Going on the first voyage of the new boat - AMAKristina down the Rhine - wine cruise. So very excited. Has anyone been on a wine cruise? Is anything special done on a maiden voyage of a boat on AMA?

I am on the AMACerto for a Tulip Time cruise leaving April 24. This is my first river cruise, although I am an experienced ocean cruiser for many years and cruises. I will be going solo on this trip. A couple of questions:

-Does anyone know the time for dinner on the embarkation day in Amsterdam? I will arrive early and drop off my bags, then go off on some sightseeing on my own (I have mid-afternoon tickets for the Anne Frank house, for example), but couldn't find out what time I should be back to the ship for dinner that day.

-With open seating, will I have any problem being seated with groups (I like to meet new people this way) or will they put me at a table by myself (definitely not my preference).

Also, just to answer a couple of the questions above:

You will get a package in the mail from AMA about 4 weeks before your cruise that contains your tickets, luggage tags (optional for this cruise is my understanding), a detailed itinerary, and information about the shore excursions, plus a nice portfolio with a zipper to keep all this information in one place.

As soon as you get your on-line registration/check-in completed, you have the ability to sign up for the optional tours (included in your fare) on the AMA website. Don't delay as some of the more popular ones fill up quickly.

About dining, riverboats usually do not have reserved seating. Sometimes you can get acquainted with people before dinner and arrange to sit with them. Otherwise when you go into the dining room check out the table and look for a nice table with a few empty seats.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Splinter -- On our AMA cruises, the first day's activities begin with the safety drill and introductory meeting in the lounge at 6 pm, with dinner immediately afterward. This is the pattern on most days: a meeting in the lounge where the Cruise Director explains the next day's options, then everyone troops downstairs to the dining room for dinner. You have the opportunity to meet people in the lounge, even on that first day, and then it is natural to sit together for dinner that evening. We made some good friendships that way and ended up dining with them throughout the cruise [and we're going on AMA's African Safari next year with one of those couples]. If you haven't linked up with anyone before dinner, just look for a table with an empty seat and join the party there -- no need to dine alone!

I am on the AMACerto for a Tulip Time cruise leaving April 24. This is my first river cruise, although I am an experienced ocean cruiser for many years and cruises. I will be going solo on this trip. A couple of questions:

-Does anyone know the time for dinner on the embarkation day in Amsterdam? I will arrive early and drop off my bags, then go off on some sightseeing on my own (I have mid-afternoon tickets for the Anne Frank house, for example), but couldn't find out what time I should be back to the ship for dinner that day.

-With open seating, will I have any problem being seated with groups (I like to meet new people this way) or will they put me at a table by myself (definitely not my preference).

Also, just to answer a couple of the questions above:

You will get a package in the mail from AMA about 4 weeks before your cruise that contains your tickets, luggage tags (optional for this cruise is my understanding), a detailed itinerary, and information about the shore excursions, plus a nice portfolio with a zipper to keep all this information in one place.

As soon as you get your on-line registration/check-in completed, you have the ability to sign up for the optional tours (included in your fare) on the AMA website. Don't delay as some of the more popular ones fill up quickly.

Hi, I sailed solo on AMA last year........Tulip TIme as well......it was FANTASTIC:D....I had no issues with dining

at all. Met some lovely people and I never ate dinner by myself. It is very easy to meet other folks and I hope you

have a wonderful cruise:)

If your sailing shortly with AMA, you might want to watch closely when you will receive your docs. I called earlier today, and they told me they were changing systems, and running behind. We leave on on the 14th, and have mail problem in our neighborhood. They finally after some discussion agreed to send them today. I would suggest watching your dates carefully.

The AMA documents and stuff is very nice (especially the luggage tags) -- but you don't NEED any of it. When you arrive at the ship no one will ask you for show any of them -- they will be expecting you and greet you with a big welcome.

The only things that you do really need are the docking information, and information on how to contact the ship. On my first cruise (during the Icelandic volcano mess in 2010) I had to contact the ship to tell them that I had arrived in Frankfurt, and was making my way to Antwerp. Then, once I arrived and was taking a taxi from the train station, we couldn't find the ship, so I had to contact them again (twice) to find out exactly where the ship was. They never told me the thing that would be the most help; that the ship was docked behind a parking structure (which is, of course, why we couldn't find it).

We've done a few ocean cruises and are doing our first river cruise via AmaSerena, leaving Nuremberg on Dec. 11. We're doing the post cruise in Prague - but arriving three days before the start of that. After cruise staying in Budapest for one night and then flying to London for 4 nights.

Any recommendations for Prague, Budapest and any stops on the Christmas route?

We are on the sailing immediately before you, and will plan to leave her shiny and clean!

I think you meant that you are pre-cruise in Prague, as we end in Nuremberg, and will be post-cruise in Prague.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

The AMA documents and stuff is very nice (especially the luggage tags) -- but you don't NEED any of it. When you arrive at the ship no one will ask you for show any of them -- they will be expecting you and greet you with a big welcome.

Thanks, good to know