Flip Flops in the MDR

deladane

Isn't that why OP started this thread?

Sit upright in your chair and stop crawling under tables and I assure you that this will not be a problem.

Of course it is sexist. Cruise lines have long allowed women far more leeway than men.

Guess I'm old school. But i think we should dress up and have a good time. One thing I did learn through all of this was having to dress up for the theatre. I did not know that dress code applied there. We always went after dinner so we were dressed , but now that I think about it and some of the pics we have lots of people were dressed in shorts etc.

That was on princess. Please read the post before quoting stuff. Different cruise line , but you knew that, that's why you selectively chose to pick apart my statement. Nice try. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200 lmao

The title of your #40 post is: "This is right off celebrity's site". You said nothing about Princess in #40.

Isn't that why OP started this thread?

Sit upright in your chair and stop crawling under tables and I assure you that this will not be a problem.

Of course it is sexist. Cruise lines have long allowed women far more leeway than men.

Just take a look around and you'll see why. Women might be allowed a lot more leeway but they don't usually take it. Men take it anyway. I see it all the time in Las Vegas. The girls are all dressed up in their cocktail dresses and heels and the boyfriend in his scruffy jeans and shirt tails hanging out. They don't look like they're going to the same place.

Just take a look around and you'll see why. Women might be allowed a lot more leeway but they don't usually take it. Men take it anyway. I see it all the time in Las Vegas. The girls are all dressed up in their cocktail dresses and heels and the boyfriend in his scruffy jeans and shirt tails hanging out. They don't look like they're going to the same place.

Kinda like the op pictures , except the opposite :cool:

Well, I'm talking about cruise ships and I see women in shorty shorts in the dining rooms all the time. Doesn't bother me in the least, but I see it. I've never seen a woman turned back for dressing like that. I don't think they should be either. But clearly women get a lot more leeway than men. I can't speak about Las Vegas.

I see it all the time in Las Vegas. The girls are all dressed up in their cocktail dresses and heels and the boyfriend in his scruffy jeans and shirt tails hanging out. They don't look like they're going to the same place.

Ha, ha, ha, ha! this is the post of the month! The "girls" are dressed up for a reason! Lots of bling maximizes the return on the "girls" "investment"! Oh they are DEFINITELY going to the same place for a couple of hours! :D

Ha, ha, ha, ha! this is the post of the month! The "girls" are dressed up for a reason! Lots of bling maximizes the return on the "girls" "investment"! Oh they are DEFINITELY going to the same place for a couple of hours! :D

HaHaHa, most of us can tell the difference.

Haven't you seen the photos of Evening Chic? Jeans with shirt tails out for men is very much the epitome of Evening Chic for men. It's the look of the desired demographic.

Is Andy on vacation? Can't believe this is still going on.

Here's a newsflash for some folks. The formal debate is over for Celebrity, casual won. From some of the comments on this thread you'd think tuxes and coats and ties are still required.

For some of you folks that haven't been on a Celebrity cruise since Evening Chic has been instituted. Pretty much anything goes, whether you like it or not.

OP, your footwear although plain, is fine. Don't let other's bias get you down.

I have deformed feet from polio and yet, I would not wear the flip flops that the OP has pictured. The pair she shows are ones that I've only seen at the pool or for daywear. You can find perfectly lovely flip flops in a different look that are more dressy. But the rubber bottom, thick black band types aren't an evening look, imho.

Straight off the Celebrity Solstice Instagram page

I think she looks terrific. But don't tell me it isn't a double standard...

You managed to find one. I've spent 600+ days on board Celebrity ships and that's maybe the second one I've seen dressed like that.

The girls are all dressed up in their cocktail dresses and heels and the boyfriend in his scruffy jeans and shirt tails hanging out.

Hey Ma: If you check out all of the fashion setters like the young upper mobile guys, you will see that the latest trend is jeans with dress shirts with the tails not tucked in along with a sportcoat or sometimes even a formal jacket. A tie seems to be a thing of the past, except for old farts who think that they are still in fashion.

Give it up and quit the selective reading.

Here is what you posted...

January 31st, 2016, 08:17 AM

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Apr 2013

This is right off celebrity's site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flip flops not allowed even for smart casual wear.

Smart Casual and Above

Haven't you seen the photos of Evening Chic? Jeans with shirt tails out for men is very much the epitome of Evening Chic for men. It's the look of the desired demographic.

Is Andy on vacation? Can't believe this is still going on.

Here's a newsflash for some folks. The formal debate is over for Celebrity, casual won. From some of the comments on this thread you'd think tuxes and coats and ties are still required.

For some of you folks that haven't been on a Celebrity cruise since Evening Chic has been instituted. Pretty much anything goes, whether you like it or not.

OP, your footwear although plain, is fine. Don't let other's bias get you down.

Oh, I'm well aware of the facts.

Hang in there HERSHEEPEG, you and I will be dressed properly for dinner along with our British mates and exhibit good taste, good manners, and civility to our fellow passengers. Celebrity's failure to enforce its own rules is the real problem here. Yeah, I know I can cruise on some other line, but darn it, I like Celebrity! As I stated in an earlier post, I will be eating in Blu (maybe Luminae if I get upgraded) and I hope the passengers there will have some idea that "smart casual" does not include jeans and flip flops for dinner.

Flame away! :D

Hey Ma: If you check out all of the fashion setters like the young upper mobile guys, you will see that the latest trend is jeans with dress shirts with the tails not tucked in along with a sportcoat or sometimes even a formal jacket. A tie seems to be a thing of the past, except for old farts who think that they are still in fashion.

Yes, I know that....but guess what, that's not the latest trend either.

I have to say that I saw the title of this thread the other day & didn't reqd it because it didn't interest me. Then today I saw it was still active so peeked in. I was hoping that with the new "evening chic", & the closing of the sticky dress code thread, the issue would die the quiet death it decerves. But no, it seems that it just got lower on the body. I guess the dress code police need something to complain about.

You managed to find one. I've spent 600+ days on board Celebrity ships and that's maybe the second one I've seen dressed like that.

Took me all of 30 seconds to find that. Go figure. I've seen women dressed like that on every ship I have been on in the past 10 years. I think she looks great. But don't tell me for a second there isn't a double standard.

Took me all of 30 seconds to find that. Go figure. I've seen women dressed like that on every ship I have been on in the past 10 years. I think she looks great. But don't tell me for a second there isn't a double standard.

Have you ever been on a Celebrity ship? It's definitely not the norm there.

Edited by Ma Bell

Hang in there HERSHEEPEG, you and I will be dressed properly for dinner along with our British mates and exhibit good taste, good manners, and civility to our fellow passengers. Celebrity's failure to enforce its own rules is the real problem here. Yeah, I know I can cruise on some other line, but darn it, I like Celebrity! As I stated in an earlier post, I will be eating in Blu (maybe Luminae if I get upgraded) and I hope the passengers there will have some idea that "smart casual" does not include jeans and flip flops for dinner.

No flame from me. The point is please dress as you please. I enjoy dining with folks who know how act civilized to one another and exhibit good manners. Where we differ is what they wear in the ships main dining room is not a major concern. Especially what someone has on their feet.

I personally try to follow the dress code, but whether or not others are will not detract from the enjoyment of my vacation.

Life is short. Enjoy it while you can

Cheers!

No flaming here...I applaud you

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQE7E9uZysP7xb7XAkg_VQtayTjHP1HO7bIfHekxw7e6TB-pywM