Flip Flops in the MDR

deladane

I wonder how many of the folks who are so spun up about having strict enforcement of the dress code, go five miles over the speed limit or, roll through that stop sign, or change lanes when there is a solid white or yellow line or have that license tag light out? Question is do you gladly accept responsibility or try to get the police officer to give you a warning or better yet look the other way?

There is a great Andy Griffith show directly on point.

Seems to me the OP asked a legitimate question about a medical condition requiring her ti wear special footwear. She's not public enemy number one.

Edited by Tommy3putts

And it's threads like these that make me realize again how important it is to have standards in life and how necessary it is to make judgments when the occasion demands.

Yes, standards for ones self is not a bad idea. I have a few my self.

However, one should not expect (demand) that other people adhere to your self imposed standards, what ever they may be.

I do not expect others to live up to my standards - how could they, they are not me. I do not judge those that live their life differently then me.

When standards are set so high, that there is not any room for difference of opinion, then everyone fails.

No one is perfect, and not everyone has the same understand of rules, regulations, and laws. If they did, we would have no need for lawyers. We would all be cookie cutter images of each other. How boring would that be.

So you expect 3000 men women and children to buy/rent unwanted/unneeded clothes to dine in the MDR or be sent to the buffet to enjoy their meal, while RICH people dine in the MDR or yes Blu or Michaels Club.

There is no dining room in Michaels, just saying.

And it's threads like these that make me realize again how important it is to have standards in life and how necessary it is to make judgments when the occasion demands.

Life demands you make judgments of people on an internet discussion board discussing what is a flip flop versus sandal?

lol.

Life demands you make judgments of people on an internet discussion board discussing what is a flip flop versus sandal?

lol.

I could be wrong but Jesus wore sandals and flip flops are for the beach. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wonder how many of the folks who are so spun up about having strict enforcement of the dress code, go five miles over the speed limit or, roll through that stop sign, or change lanes when there is a solid white or yellow line or have that license tag light out? Question is do you gladly accept responsibility or try to get the police officer to give you a warning or better yet look the other way?

There is a great Andy Griffith show directly on point.

Seems to me the OP asked a legitimate question about a medical condition requiring her ti wear special footwear. She's not public enemy number one.

Apples and oranges.

You would be better served if you said: The people who are up in arms, do they sneak bottles of booze on board, or pay for only 1 drink package while splitting it with numerous people, or do they cut in line wherever they go?

Deladane: back to your original post:

Footwear issue aside, you and your guy look very nice indeed! Personally, I wouldn't wear those beachy looking flip flops in the MDR, especially with your cute but dressy dresses. Still, as you've seen, everybody has an opinion!

With so many threads about the revised Dress Code, and so much discussion about lack of enforcement, you just never know "if or when" Celebrity takes a closer look. Why take a chance? Invest in a pair of comfortable dressy sandals and you'll never have to worry.

There you go ... just one more opinion on the original question!

Apples and oranges.

You would be better served if you said: The people who are up in arms, do they sneak bottles of booze on board, or pay for only 1 drink package while splitting it with numerous people, or do they cut in line wherever they go?

...or reserve deck chairs.

Beg to differ. There are several previous remarks about following rules in life. My original remark is a fair comparison.

:confused::confused::confused:

Statement of OP: "haha I just don't have any other non-flip flop shoes to wear with a dress for dinner"

I am confused... since when is that a medical condition?

The question was answered. And the op should of done research and realized what is acceptable in the mdr. I personally don't want to see people's feet in a nice dining room. Just dress appropriately. The foot issue with swelling is common. It's caused from ass the salt and preservatives retaining the water and going to the ankles / feet. They are called cankles. Look it up. It is not painful just have swollen feet. And flip flops are not supportive for foot issues. Some are saying she looks cute in the dress etc. Would he look cute if he wore flip flops ? Sounds sexist that it's permitted for the girl to wear them but not the guy.

I was just reading over the dress code for the MDR and it says that flip flops are not allowed. On all of my prior cruises, I have worn a nice sundress to dinner on non-formal nights, and I usually wear that with black flip flops. These aren't the $2 plastic kind of flip flops you wear to the beach. They are nicer fabric ones that I think look fine with my dresses. If I wear these flip flops to dinner on my upcoming Celebrity cruise, will they tell me I can't enter the MDR?! It's not like I'd be wearing it with a bathing suit or shorts or other inappropriate attire haha I just don't have any other non-flip flop shoes to wear with a dress for dinner (aside from the heels that I force my feet into on formal/elegant chic night, but would rather not have to wear on the casual nights!) I am attaching a few photos from my last cruise for reference...

17201_10103783983398739_7595411165968690027_n.jpg?oh=bceacd6c3ee6106bb7dd540c0d0c0229&oe=57708DDF

10646972_10103783986816889_2415776063742173108_n.jpg?oh=e7995f4fec0bcf903f5e52c656f5aaef&oe=572F1551

Where does it say she has foot issues. She just does not want to wear shoes that she said are uncomfortable. That's her problem that she bought uncomfortable shoes.

Edited by Hersheepeg

Some are saying she looks cute in the dress etc. Would he look cute if he wore flip flops ? Sounds sexist that it's permitted for the girl to wear them but not the guy.

And so with that comment I take it you would approve if he was wearing a pair of sandals too? After all, if you think she would look better in sandals, and you're totally against sexist comments (as per your above statement), then he would also look spiffy in a pair on 'Chic Night' :rolleyes:?

And so with that comment I take it you would approve if he was wearing a pair of sandals too? After all, if you think she would look better in sandals, and you're totally against sexist comments (as per your above statement), then he would also look spiffy in a pair on 'Chic Night' :rolleyes:?

Absolutely not. He would look ridiculous. All we read is about her and her footwear choice. He should step up and say that it isn't appropriate especially when he is wearing dress shoes. Fashion faux pas if have ever seen it. I don't buy the chronic foot issue argument. If she did have this condition she would have special orthotics or shoes. Now days you can get anything and flip flops is just the easy way out. Kinda like the people who roll out of bed and put on the clothes that are on the floor from the previous two days and run to the buffet with bed head ect. Ya sure your on vacation but have some self respect.

Edited by Hersheepeg

And the op should of done research and realized what is acceptable in the mdr.

And yet you wore a baseball cap in the dining room. Post #35 this thread. Your own words indicate you were asked to take it off and you sought out the manager to tell him that he should be more worried about people not sanitizing their hands than your hat. Perhaps you didn't do the research yourself. ;)

And yet you wore a baseball cap in the dining room. Post #35 this thread. Your own words indicate you were asked to take it off and you sought out the manager to tell him that he should be more worried about people not sanitizing their hands than your hat. Perhaps you didn't do the research yourself. ;)

If you read the rules the clearly state in evening hours those provisions exist. I along with many other men were leaving the ship (debarkation) and had b fast just before. Please read the whole comment before putting your two sense in.

If you read the rules the clearly state in evening hours those provisions exist. I along with many other men were leaving the ship (debarkation) and had b fast just before. Please read the whole comment before putting your two sense in.

Please see your post #40 in this thread. It included this:

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time.

Please see your post #40 in this thread. It included this:

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time.

That was on princess. Please read the post before quoting stuff. Different cruise line , but you knew that, that's why you selectively chose to pick apart my statement. Nice try. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200 lmao

And the op should of done research and realized what is acceptable in the mdr.

Isn't that why OP started this thread?

I personally don't want to see people's feet in a nice dining room.

Sit upright in your chair and stop crawling under tables and I assure you that this will not be a problem.

Some are saying she looks cute in the dress etc. Would he look cute if he wore flip flops ? Sounds sexist that it's permitted for the girl to wear them but not the guy.

Of course it is sexist. Cruise lines have long allowed women far more leeway than men.