Diamond member question

lynsteve

There is continental breakfast served in the DL with a good variety of fruits/yoghurts/bagels/pastries/cheese/cold meats and sometimes smoked salmon. Also a toaster for bread and bagels and the usual preserves. Coffee machine for cappuccinos/espressos etc is available 24/7.

On our last 3 cruises, there was an area in the MDR reserved for Diamond members at breakfast. However, these weren't on oasis class ships. We were on Adventure, Vision and Radiance. Hopefully they'll offer this on our upcoming cruise on Serenade as we like to sit alone at breakfast. Once we have enough coffee, we'll be social again.

On our last 3 cruises, there was an area in the MDR reserved for Diamond members at breakfast. However, these weren't on oasis class ships. We were on Adventure, Vision and Radiance. Hopefully they'll offer this on our upcoming cruise on Serenade as we like to sit alone at breakfast. Once we have enough coffee, we'll be social again.

You can ask to sit alone in the MDR for breakfast even if they don't have a Diamond section.

I think many of the "reserved for Diamond" areas of the MDR b'fast have gone away with the expansion of the DL/CL/SL spaces. I think these special areas are only available now if the ship does not have a DL/CL/SL

It's up to the ship's management whether they still have a Diamond breakfast section. Vision has had a DL for years, and still has the Diamond breakfast section in the MDR.

Hi can diamond members have a continental breakfast with specialty coffees in the chops grill restaurant or an alternative restaurant.

Cheers

newbie diamond member.

no. most are now strictly gold cards only( suites and Pinnacles) while a few allow D+ to partake.

not every MDR has a separate D area either. and lately I seem to notice the area in the Buffet is either nonexistent or very small.

Oasis in September did not have a special area for Diamond and above for breakfast.

Explorer at the end of 2014 did, but not sure if it still currently does since that was pre-DL days.

Does anyone know if Anthem does?

Edited by cot427

On the ships we've been on there's always been a nice continental breakfast in the Diamond Club in the morning and the coffee machine is quite nice.

On one cruise they did have a "Diamond Area" in the MDR, but we couldn't figure out why anyone would care. There didn't seem to be anything different about it and it seemed like kind of a snooty idea to just have a segregated section.

On one cruise they did let us eat in the specialty restaurant near the Windjammer and that was nice because it was much easier to find a seat. We just used the same buffet as everyone else then went into the other room to get coffee, juice, and a nice window seat.

Tom

... On one cruise they did have a "Diamond Area" in the MDR, but we couldn't figure out why anyone would care. There didn't seem to be anything different about it and it seemed like kind of a snooty idea to just have a segregated section....

The only difference is the ability to get free specialty coffee.

no. most are now strictly gold cards only( suites and Pinnacles) while a few allow D+ to partake.

not every MDR has a separate D area either. and lately I seem to notice the area in the Buffet is either nonexistent or very small.

Once maybe twice since we have become Diamond was there a separate Diamond section in the MDR for breakfast. I never noticed (that doesn't mean that there wasn't one) a separate section in the WJ at breakfast time, reserved for Diamonds. If I would have seen it, I would have used it, mainly because it might have simply been less crowded.

I do enjoy the continental breakfast offering in the DL, but more importantly enjoy the specialty coffee available 24/7 up there.

Edited by Paulette3028

Ah, that could be and it would make sense. We just use the machine in the Diamond Club if it happens to be working. I was able to work out a combination on it that I actually liked.

When we ate in the specialty restaurant there was juice and pots of coffee, but they didn't offer anything special. The coffee in there seemed better than the normal stuff though, but that could have just been a product of the enjoyable environment. It was really nice to not have to fend for a seat in the open area of the buffet like most people have to do.

Tom

The only difference is the ability to get free specialty coffee.

You can ask to sit alone in the MDR for breakfast even if they don't have a Diamond section.

Yes, I'm aware of this. The reason we've always enjoyed the Diamond section of the MDR is that the service is excellent. They're always filling my coffee cup which I appreciate and they're very attentive.

Have tried to do this - the staff keep pushing and pointing you to those large tables! What annoys me about the large groups( don't mind at dinner however) is how lo-o-o-ng people take to make a decision about breakfast! The staff won't take orders from anyone until those slow pokes have made up their minds!

We've eaten in the D breakfast in the MDR on every cruise except Allure (didn't have one) since we became D. On Vision, it was nice because there was a line almost every morning waiting to get into the MDR and the D breakfast is always on the other side of the MDR with it's own entrance. Although when we stay in a GS, we loved the suite breakfast with it's made to order food. We also saw the Captain having breakfast in there every morning on EX. The service in there is excellent. As D+ we've never had access to the suite breakfast.

Edited by BND