If you order luggage tags on-line

pbrady

I have several friends cruising in the next month & I am helping them with a few things. There are 4 cabins on three different ships. The 2nd week in January I ordered all their luggage tags on-line. I hit submit for each & waited. The site says you should have them in 7 to 10 days. Nothing. I re-ordered all of them & hit 'submit' for each booking. After 10 days - nothing. I have done this on several previous cruises with no problem. Yesterday I called Celebrity to see what the issue was since the first ones to leave are getting close. The gentleman I talked was very nice but told me that the on-line request for luggage tags hasn't been working much lately & that the requests were never received. There is no way for anyone to know that when they think they ordered them. Some of you may have received their luggage tags, but if you haven't, I suggest you call I request them by phone.

Ordered ours Jan. 11 for Feb. 16 cruise, so far nothing. Got an e-mail today saying today is the last day I can order them.

I'm not even going to bother, I'll just have them put on at the pier. After all, I'm sure there are people who order them, get them, then forget to bring them, so I don't think it's a big deal.

We have been told in the UK that they are no longer available but we can print and fold the paper one.

No big deal, but as one of those people who likes to arrive in port with everything sorted I can see me messing with the laminator!

We sail on 2/21 and I ordered the tags online as soon as they were available then again two weeks later when they hadn't arrived. Two more weeks went by and no tags. I called Captain's Club on Monday and they said they would arrive in seven business days. I have never had this issue with luggage tags before and have been ordering them online for years. Remember when you received a booklet in the mail with all your cruise docs and luggage tags. Technology is not always an improvement.

We sail on 2/21 and I ordered the tags online as soon as they were available then again two weeks later when they hadn't arrived. Two more weeks went by and no tags. I called Captain's Club on Monday and they said they would arrive in seven business days. I have never had this issue with luggage tags before and have been ordering them online for years. Remember when you received a booklet in the mail with all your cruise docs and luggage tags. Technology is not always an improvement.

I had the same experience. Ordered twice online and nothing came. Finally called Captain's Club and received them in a week. Never had this problem before when ordering the tags online. So much for improving the website...

I understand your frustration. I went through the same thing. Celebrity web site is terrible. When I checked in about a month before my b2b cruises, the experience for each cruise was very different. Different questions and completely different looking pages. I printed both online passes. They looked very different. They had the correct info. I requested the luggage tags at that time for both cruises. I never received any luggage tags. I called celebrity and requested tags again. Rep said that she would mail them. Never received them. I was quite annoyed. When I got to the pier, I got tags from the porters. The porter wrote in my cabin # and took the bags. I got them delivered to my cabin quickly. I did hear on the ship that the Celebrity web site was in the process of being updated. After the no luggage tag fiasco, I was skeptical whether my online checkin pass would work. It did. I also learned that I didn't have to do the online checkin for the 2nd cruise.

I started ordering mine in October, for a Jan 2 Equinox cruise.

NOTHING.

After ordering over 10 times, I asked the Capt Club folks to order for me.

NOTHING.

Asked them 4 more times to order for me.

NOTHING.

I finally printed out the darned tags; but gave Celebrity a big FAIL on the post-cruise comment form.

Their website is very dysfunctional....

If you are flying to the port the problem is you always have to bring a stapler with the e-luggage tags.

Actually, whether you clear tape or laminate your home-made tags, you can use a hole-punch, when you make them. Carry a couple of zip ties to attach them to your bag. However, I'm not up for doing an arts-n-crafts project, on my way to the ship. I'd either have the porters fill out tags, when I'm dropping them off -- or, just buy the clear (re-usable) luggage tag holders (like the ones they have for sale in the CruiseCritic logo "store". :cool:

My concern is that this is another "cut-back", being implemented by X in a back-handed way. For years, the only luggage tags that her sister-line RC has issued have been for the full suites. :rolleyes:

We have never had a problem printing our luggage tags at home and asking the hotel front desk for a stapler or tape while we wait for our taxi or shuttle. When I get to the port the last thing I want to do is take time to fill out tags. This cruise our travel agent gave us plastic tags for the printed tags to slide into.

Edited by JuliaMS

We sail 2/16 and I too had ordered twice online before calling Captain's Club when they didn't arrive. the rep said there was no record of them being ordered so she ordered them. I received them one week later.

Technology is an improvement over long ago, as long as the Celebrity IT Dept. isn't involved.

Ordered ours Jan. 11 for Feb. 16 cruise, so far nothing. Got an e-mail today saying today is the last day I can order them.

I'm not even going to bother, I'll just have them put on at the pier. After all, I'm sure there are people who order them, get them, then forget to bring them, so I don't think it's a big deal.

Are you on The Constellation? I don't recall seeing your name on our Feb. 16 roll call.

Thanks for the information. I thought this had been fixed. Ordered ours on Sunday so will call if we don't get them in 2 weeks.

Mary Lou,

Call Captain's Club and order them. As ChucktownSteve posted we did that and got them in one week.

Grace

I'm fine with printing out our luggage tags and laminating myself, but how far out do you do that? Despite this being our 12th cruise, we haven't sailed Celebrity in a while. Is there an on-line check-in process I need to take care of also like other lines? If so, when do you do that? TIA

I'm fine with printing out our luggage tags and laminating myself, but how far out do you do that? Despite this being our 12th cruise, we haven't sailed Celebrity in a while. Is there an on-line check-in process I need to take care of also like other lines? If so, when do you do that? TIA

Yes you will need to do the online check in. On line check can't be done any sooner than 90 days from your sailing date. I've never laminated our luggage tags or bring a stapler. If we haven't received our luggage tags from the Cruise line we are sailing with I print the luggage tags at home. We always fly to our port of embarkation. The morning we leave for the ship and while still at the hotel is when I put our luggage tags on our luggage. I fold the tags and tape them together (we always carry medical tape with our bandaids). Never had an issue with our luggage arriving to our stateroom on the ship missing luggage tags. I've seen other Cruisers asking someone at the front desk at the hotels for a little tape or to use their stapler.

I have always ordered luggage tags about a month ahead for our previous cruises. They always arrived in plenty of time. This year I ordered them early in January for our Feb. 13 cruise on the Reflection. This morning I realized that I had not gotten the tags and called the Captains Club. Their records showed that they received my request TODAY. Go figure. So I don't know if they will arrive in time - we leave on the 11th (making a stop along the way). The rep advised me to print out the paper tags - if I staple them on, will they last until the bags get to our cabin? Not feeling real confident.

Also, I had already done the online check in and printed my Xpress Passes a week ago. Both the website and the Captains Club rep said the check in was only 10% done and I should do it all over again. When I tried to do the check in the website told me I couldn't check in because I wasn't paid in full. Not true. I came back to the website a few minutes later and was able to do the check in. Hope we stay checked in this time!

We love cruising with Celebrity, but their website just gets worse and worse. Very frustrating! However, it will never spoil my cruise - can't wait!

Boiler Fan...You asked, will the paper tags stay on long enough to get your bags to your cabin?

We've personally never had an issue with any of the luggage tags I print, fold and tape on our luggage handles coming off. I've never stapled them. Can it happen sure it can. If you are concerned about the luggage tags you print coming off then put two luggage tags on per piece of luggage. Do this at the hotel prior to leaving for the ship.

Edited by davekathy

Thanks for the information. I thought this had been fixed. Ordered ours on Sunday so will call if we don't get them in 2 weeks.

Seriously? You are going to waste an hour to get some tags a porter at the dock would put on your bags in under a minute. Why bother? The system obviously is not any better now than it was a month ago or the month before that for ordering luggage tags.

Would it not be easier to give a porter you cabin number, WATCH them write the correct number on your bag tags, and check in for your cruise?

Boiler Fan - if your check in for you cruise is an issue with the web site why are you fighting it? I give it one try. If it works great. If it does not then I simply show up at the pier with the paperwork from when I booked and from my TA showing everything is paid and the amount of additional OBC.

As an aside - every cruise company is buried with Zika inquiries right now. Our local TA (books probably 10 a day on all lines) received over 100 calls yesterday alone. Not much Celebrity can do to keep up with this issue that is making slow response time even worse.

Edited by az_tchr