No free steam and saunas on the new ships!

janacin

For years I have enjoyed using the steam and sauna rooms after working out in the fitness center. On the newer vessels, (Royal and Regal) you need to buy a spa package now to use these rooms. I am sure that will follow on the rest of the Princess builds in the future. Why is Princess taking these things away from us?

Yup. No steam, no sauna. The thermal suite is great but it is fee based. The changing room is smaller.

Smaller balconies. More people.

I also hate the no promenade deck. That is a deal breaker for me as I love walking around by the water and watching the world float past me. That is why the Royal Class ships don't really appeal to me.

For years I have enjoyed using the steam and sauna rooms after working out in the fitness center. On the newer vessels, (Royal and Regal) you need to buy a spa package now to use these rooms. I am sure that will follow on the rest of the Princess builds in the future. Why is Princess taking these things away from us?

$$$:rolleyes:

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Money is a reason. The other (which is also $$$ related) is that for the most part they found that (as you have given) it wasn't being used as much for the gym folks as they were supplementary showers to make it easier to pack 3 and 4 in a cabin.

Yup. No steam, no sauna. The thermal suite is great but it is fee based. The changing room is smaller.

Smaller balconies. More people.

I also hate the no promenade deck. That is a deal breaker for me as I love walking around by the water and watching the world float past me. That is why the Royal Class ships don't really appeal to me.

ROCKY TOP :)

My daughter was a Track and Field Lady Vol class of 2014..She's finishing Grad School at the Univ of Memphis.

We love Tennessee in my house:cool:

On the Coral there is a Small Free Sauna in the men's locker room...BUT NO FREE STEAM ROOM OR BATHROOM!!!!!!!:eek:

Never have I gone in a locker room that had no bathroom :eek:

Edited by blkspy

ROCKY TOP :)

My daughter was a Track and Field Lady Vol class of 2014..She's finishing Grad School at the Univ of Memphis.

We love Tennessee in my house:cool:

VFL (Vol For Life) Wishing your daughter the best. I'm in my early 60's (Yikes) and I still run on a daily basis. The good thing is that even though my times are getting slower, my competition is literally dying off.

I can't do dreadmills. That is why I need a deck I can move around on and see scenery. The top deck tracks don't do it for me as they are hot on the Caribbean cruises and offer me no view.

VFL (Vol For Life) Wishing your daughter the best. I'm in my early 60's (Yikes) and I still run on a daily basis. The good thing is that even though my times are getting slower, my competition is literally dying off.

I can't do dreadmills. That is why I need a deck I can move around on and see scenery. The top deck tracks don't do it for me as they are hot on the Caribbean cruises and offer me no view.

VFL :cool:

Ive sailed the Regal/Royal 2/1 times. I'm not a big fan. I enjoy the Grand class ships much more.:)

• Like 1

Ive sailed the Regal/Royal 2/1 times. I'm not a big fan. I enjoy the Grand class ships much more.:)

moi aussi...she's a beautiful ship, brand new, but still prefer the Grand Class. The location of the thermal suite/enclave is one of the reasons, as well as the free sauna/steam rooms and their location (or lack of on Royal class)..

We'll be in a full suite on the Regal and it makes me mad that they don't include their Enclave as a suite perk like the Grand class ships include the Thermal Suites (except the ones that don't have a TS)! We go to them daily and will feel cheated on the Regal. :(

Anyone know what the Enclave costs?

Did you notice the LACK of a restroom in the men's change room ? :eek:

Yes....funny you mention that. They have the sauna, two showers, lockers and hooks but No restroom. I had to walk to the outside pool area to use the restroom. Bad design fault.

Have to agree not a fan of the Regal last fall. On her again in a few weeks but only because this is the ship going where we wanted to go and when.

On the Ruby next spring which will be fun.

Love the grand class ships though. Enjoy the spa pool area in the early evenings and Skywalker's (know these will be gone someday) in the mornings just to sit and read for a bit. Regal had several little sitting areas but nothing felt cozy. Also you can't even look out on deck 7 because of the lifeboats.

• 6 years later...

Basically comes down to money and passenger counts.  As long as we (not me but we) keep on booking and going along with their reduction of benefits, they will keep keep on reducing them.  If all of the Princess loyalists switched to other lines or even better to cruise lines owned by other companies they might listen.  Since we all know that the loyalists will complain but will find excuses to stay w Princess the slicing of benefits will continue.  

DON

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, alexdw said:

Just seen the Enchanted Princess in St Thomas. Anyone know if it has free sauna and /or steam?

The Enchanted is a Royal Class ship so, as discussed above, you would have to pay for access to the Enclave in order to get access to a sauna. There are no free saunas/steam rooms on the Royal Class ships.