Final Kevin Sheehan Memory Leaving. RIP O'Sheehan's

ohioNCLcruiser

"Good afternoon and welcome to Del-Fee-o's pub. May I please see your sea pass so I can charge the discretionary $4.95 per person seating hostess fee (plus 18% service charge, for your convenience). Should you wish to have this discretionary charge reduced or eliminated simply visit guest services for a form you can fill out and submit to our corporate office post cruise"

Seriously though. I have to wonder how long before this becomes another a'la carte venue?! We know it's coming - for our convenience ...... And NCL wonder why they can't fill their ships, even with giving away promos left and right, while their two nearest competitors sell out week after week with out offering hardly anything except a small onboard credit?

After my Epic transatlantic this fall its bye bye NCL, and back to Royal or Princess. I may not get a free drinks package, and may even pay a bit more, but I won't be charged fees on my fees and fees for the convenience of charging fees.

while their two nearest competitors sell out week after week with out offering hardly anything except a small onboard credit?

Are those two competitors the ones you mentioned later in your post?

If so, when I was pricing options for a future cruise, RCI were offering a drinks package, and Princess was offering some very big discounts on their cruises that are about 6 months out.

Edited by KeithJenner

Are those two competitors the ones you mentioned later in your post?

If so, when I was pricing options for a future cruise, RCI were offering a drinks package, and Princess was offering some very big discounts on their cruises that are about 6 months out.

I was referring to Royal Caribbean and Carnival. Except for one ship in Europe for summer 2016 I have not seen RCCL offer a "free" drinks package in a long, long time, and Carnival to my knowledge has never offered one. I'm talking strictly for US bookings. If you look at those two brands where they compete head to head with NCL I generally find RCCL to have the highest fares and occupancy and Carnival usually a MARGINALLY lower price than NCL and both brands more likely to sail full than NCL. When I have clients looking for space in the last 30-45 days before sailing, or less, NCL invariably has space available when the others don't. They are simply having trouble filling the ships consistently. Even the Escape!

Wow we are taking out first NCL cruise in Oct. after being RCCL exclusive and I am shocked by the amount negatives we see on these boards. All lines have that, but it seems a bit more, and a bit more vicious too. We chose NCL because the price is very good. We'll have to go, and see, evaluate and then decide to go NCL again or pay MUCH higher fares and go back with RCCL. Good news is I just switched employers that pays MUCH better than my last so we will be able to afford to go back to RCCL if we decide to.

Changing the name of O'Sheehans isn't going to be popular? There are things in life to get annoyed about, this is not one of them.

Agreed - however there have been many other changes that impact the wallet and the experience directly - those are what I was referring to.

Based on the changes that have happened in the last year, the fear of this change ending up being more than just a name change is really not unfounded.

Based on all the changes this past year IMHO it will not only be a name change but a fee or 2 will be added.

The horrible service will stay the same or get worse

The place was empty for the most part on my recent gem cruise even though it was free....hmmm...the lousy service could have been why

The waitress couldn't even figure out that we needed water and silverware.

Edited by luvtheships

NCL is phasing out O'Sheehan's Restaurant fleet wide. Same type of place just a new name. Kevin Sheehan soon to really be a distant memory.

I just copied this from a January 9th CC new story. Forget the name change, they just axed the venue. I have been reading the NCL pages as of late considering a cruise here but I am wondering if I should hold off until things settle down.

Full story: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6134

On the Cruise Critic message boards, members were already wondering what changes might take place with Sheehan's departure. Unlike some CEOs, Sheehan seemed more familiar to cruisers, with the ship bar O'Sheehan's bearing his name, along with a 2011 appearance on the TV show "Undercover Boss."

"Will they have to rename the bars?" philhar asked on the Norwegian message boards. "Quick, paint new signs… Del Rio's," computerworks joked.

I may not get a free drinks package, and may even pay a bit more, but I won't be charged fees on my fees and fees for the convenience of charging fees.

So you're OK with paying more overall as long as less of that total comes as "fees"... even though not having a drink package means that more of your overall total will come as individual drink purchases ("fees").

Sounds like you make your purchasing decisions based on emotion rather than logic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does a name change thread need to devolve into an NCL bashing thread?

Information sharing is not bashing!

I love(d) NCL, however, with all of the changes, additional fees, cancelled cruises, changes that are not passenger-friendly since they just add cost to the bottom line, the thought that a favourite venue is having it's name changed leads one to believe there will be other changes.

Like it or not, most changes made by FDR have meant that our costs have risen, our service has not.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

We just returned from a cruise on RCCL Freedom of the Seas, I have to say I can't wait to return to NCL, crew seemed like it was a bother to serve us, even though we are good tippers, even tipped the young lady cleaning the restroom.

They have six month contracts as opposed to nine months on NCL, I would think that they would be even more pleasant than the NCL crew on that fact alone.

I wanted to be happy with RCCL after returning after many years because they sail out of a very convenient location for us to get to so we were very disappointed to come to the reality that we will not sail on them again, for us NCL's staff is far superior to RCCL's and the prices seem comparable even with extra fees.

No one forces you to use extra fee venues, yet!:D

Happy sailing:)

Wow we are taking out first NCL cruise in Oct. after being RCCL exclusive and I am shocked by the amount negatives we see on these boards. All lines have that, but it seems a bit more, and a bit more vicious too. We chose NCL because the price is very good. We'll have to go, and see, evaluate and then decide to go NCL again or pay MUCH higher fares and go back with RCCL. Good news is I just switched employers that pays MUCH better than my last so we will be able to afford to go back to RCCL if we decide to.
You on board experience will be nothing like this site.