TA given a cheaper price than website???

skrapngal

Really??? by $1000 on a balcony cabin for 3 people, for a 7 night Anthem cruise to the Bahamas???

Invoice my TA just sent me states $3898 taxes and gratuities included + $100 OBC for 3 in a D1 balcony...

my dummy booking online for the same thing gives me $4898 for the same thing.

Just to say that it pays to book through a TA... I have the invoice, so if it happens to be a mistake, Royal would have to honor it :):D:)

Really??? by $1000 on a balcony cabin for 3 people, for a 7 night Anthem cruise to the Bahamas???

Invoice my TA just sent me states $3898 taxes and gratuities included + $100 OBC for 3 in a D1 balcony...

Just to say that it pays to book through a TA... I have the invoice, so if it happens to be a mistake, Royal would have to honor it :):D:)

The TA may have have had some group space reserved that had a much lower price at the time they reserved it.

the thing is, this is the new price for the sale that started today. Before today, the TA price and the online price were the same. I'm wondering if it might be because she has reached a "different" level in her group booking.

TA always gives us a better price. Not necessarily a lower cruise fare but TA price includes port charges and taxes. She also gives us OBC and cash after sailing sometimes she includes gratuities also. There are times, as the last poster said, the agency booked a block of cabins at a time when the price was lower. We've always gotten a better price from the TA we currently use. That has not always been the case. You have to shop carefully for a T A

I have not used TA in the past but I did for our May 28th Adventure cruise. I got 2 Inside Cabins for the 4 of us at $1430 total each cabin. The best price from website or other TAs was over $600 more although they got an extra $50 OBC. It was from remaining group rate.

this is when i wish people could give recommendations. I contacted a dozen agents randomly selected and not ONE could get lower than website. Now some would offer $50 or $100 OBC but I would lose the room I wanted. Not worth it to me.

Trish

Maybe it is an exchange rate issue. The travel agent can you give you the prices set my Royal Caribbean. Like others had said they could have locked in a group rate and you are in a group booking. You can see this on top of your Royal Caribbean invoice.

Reservation ID: xxxxxxx (Group ID xxxxxxx) or

Reservation ID: xxxxxxx (Group ID Not Applicable)

RC's website shows $3396.57 for three in a D1 cabin, including taxes and port fees. Gratuities would be $271.95. Total would be $3668.52. Has $100 OBC.

I am afraid that it would be cheaper to book it directly with RC.

:eek:

We just booked a group rate through a TA... including flights and transfers we pay 150 Euros less for a D3 than booking just the D3 through RC. We usually book with a different travel agent who offers onboard credit but the OBC (even though they currently have a double OBC offer) wouldn't cover the price of the flights.

We are on a transatlantic quite similar to our transatlantic in 2013. In 2013 we paid 320 Euros for our open-jaw flight (Air Berlin)... this fall, the exact same flight would cost us nearly 5 times that much (1,400+ Euros). That's nearly 70% of the total we are paying now.

RC's website shows $3396.57 for three in a D1 cabin, including taxes and port fees. Gratuities would be $271.95. Total would be $3668.52. Has $100 OBC.

I am afraid that it would be cheaper to book it directly with RC.

:eek:

ah yes, but you are looking in US dollars. We are from Canada and booking in Canadian. With the current exchange rate (1 US = 70 Cdn), your $3668US is NO WAY better than $3898CDN.

ah yes, but you are looking in US dollars. We are from Canada and booking in Canadian. With the current exchange rate (1 US = 70 Cdn), your $3668US is NO WAY better than $3898CDN.

Since our $ has fallen so much over the past year of the TA had locked into a group rate we as CDNs would benefit from not only the rates on the cruise but also get the benefit of the better exchange rates in place at the time the TA created the group booking.

Well, thank you for mentioning that in your original post! :rolleyes:

Well, if you look in the upper right corner you would have seen the OP lives in Canada. :rolleyes:

At least that was my clue.

Yes, I could scrutinize every molecule of every post.

But no, I did not.

Thanks for telling me that I should have looked in the upper right corner. I never knew that. :rolleyes: to you, too.

Yes, I could scrutinize every molecule of every post.

But no, I did not.

Thanks for telling me that I should have looked in the upper right corner. I never knew that. :rolleyes: to you, too.

I guess you didn't have your magical crystal ball handy, did you? lol :p:p:p

Edited by CRUISEBOY305